Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 3rd, 2011, 18:30   #16
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

I'll take ..........................
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 18:59   #17
Ryan92

I like the mesh, but the goggles arent really for me. They dont look like they would be easy to see through
Ryan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 19:01   #18
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Not only is it easy to see through them, they never fog. The con is that they are dangerous and should not be trusted IMO.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 19:54   #19
LongStone

I just bought the bitter ends a while ago, haven't gamed them yet but have worn them for extended periods in the bush to get used to them.
- there is slight distortion, this is more pronounced up close trying to read my iphone was like looking through a wet glass shower door, at distance a slight tilt to either side there was no issue with clairity.
- slight tint, they are like wearing a pair of dark tinted lenses
- quality, some dude buys top end goggle frames and makes these in his garage. I was very impressed by the quality of the frames and the lens is seriously heavy grade steel compared to other mesh masks I've seen, lenses are slightly convex and have great peripheral view.
- safety, no full BB is ever getting through these. there is some concern some types of BB's (walmart crap, Bio's and clears) can shatter or fragment small enough to get through the holes in the lens. if you (or more accurately the people shooting at you) are using quality ammo like Bastards this risk should be significantly diminished if not eliminated (this probably needs to be retested)

I prefer amber lenses all way but if I can't see a damn thing out of them the mesh is going on
LongStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 20:10   #20
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongStone View Post
no full BB is ever getting through these. there is some concern some types of BB's (walmart crap, Bio's and clears) can shatter or fragment small enough to get through the holes in the lens. if you (or more accurately the people shooting at you) are using quality ammo like Bastards this risk should be significantly diminished if not eliminated (this probably needs to be retested)
Don't follow the above advice. Avoid mesh goggles.

I have been testing a variety of AEGs every week as I work on gearboxes and during testing have managed to shatter Madbull, BB Bastard and Airsoft Central BBs, all non-BIO. The majority of the BBs that I fire into my test box shatter into small pieces which could easily go through mesh.

The "quality" of the BBs doesn't make any difference as far as my testing has shown. It's all just compressed styrene, and there's nothing magical about polishing that prevents BBs from shattering on impact.

Don't take any chances with this.
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 20:12   #21
John Spartan

My friends, I would strongly recommend that you never wear mesh googles to protect your eyes at an airsoft game. If by chance even one small, tiny fragment gets through the mesh for whatever reason it could be enough to damage your eye.

Please always wear fully sealed, proper ANSI standard protected eye wear. You cannot afford to take any chances. Fogging can be dealt with, blindness cannot.

FYI.
If you play airsoft at a paintball field (e.g. Flagraiders) the insurance of the field may require you to wear a Paintball approved google.

Good luck!

Last edited by John Spartan; November 3rd, 2011 at 20:14..
John Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 20:15   #22
MaciekA

If you want goggles that will never never ever ever ever fog on you just get the JT goggles that have the "thermal" lenses. These are not only going to be fog-free but will also ensure that you will be permitted to play at airsoft events that happen at paintball fields that have restrictions on the types of goggles you can use. Here's where I got mine:

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/JT-...ive_p_321.html
MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 20:25   #23
Nocturnal
oO?

make sure you check if mesh goggles are allowed at the field(s) you are planning to play at.

most will only take fully sealed goggles. either ballistic rated or paintball approved. depending on the place you will be playing at

Also, there are a bunch of different aeg models that have folding stocks. (collapsible stocks are those that retract like the m4 style stocks)
- AK74Su
- KAC PDW
- SCAR -Light or Heavy
- Masada
-

the new Umarex H&K G36CV look great =] does that still have the quick change spring? i had the regular Umarex G36c

Last edited by Nocturnal; November 3rd, 2011 at 20:38..
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 20:25   #24
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
If you want goggles that will never never ever ever ever fog on you just get the JT goggles that have the "thermal" lenses. These are not only going to be fog-free...
That is a complete and utter lie! JT's do fog. (just not for all people) I use them with the thermal lenses and have applied fog tech. Use with an additional fan is the only way to help minimize fogging.

Simply put, if you're a face sweater, your googles will fog.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 23:55   #25
Ryan92

Well... I went to XT (local airsoft arena/shop) And the guy convinced me to get this.

Also bought Mesh goggles ( i know )
Molded face mask. Love it, very breathable
Batteries (cant remember MAH or whatever its called. cant be arsed to get them out)

My new gun. http://imgur.com/BX9dk

It is a Ares M4A1

Sadly the red dot sight is a fake, its for the batteries.
I will have to invest in a flashlight. The guy at XT had a Shotty with one that fkn blinded you.

And the first game the gun jammed 3 times on me. Guys there said it was because it was new. they lubed it up. went out still jammed.... Funny thing is, they wont return it. Awesome! Well hopefully it was just a fluke, i do like the gun though.

Bought it on the reason that I plan on playing a ton of CQB and Outdoors

Last edited by Ryan92; November 4th, 2011 at 00:05..
Old November 4th, 2011, 00:06   #26
vink

For that money, why didn't you buy a VFC or a G&P? Get the best gun you can afford, then you won't have problems down the road.
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 00:11   #27
Amos

Lets just hope NOTHING ever goes wrong with that ARES M4...

The jamming on your gun is most likely due to the low quality Goldenball BB's that they use as their arena BB's. There's not too many guns that like to feed them without problem.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2011, 00:19   #28
krap101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Lets just hope NOTHING ever goes wrong with that ARES M4...

The jamming on your gun is most likely due to the low quality Goldenball BB's that they use as their arena BB's. There's not too many guns that like to feed them without problem.
The thing with goldenballs, is you need to wash them before, then they become some of the best bb's available.

Agree on Ares.
Old November 4th, 2011, 00:27   #29
L473ncy

I'm not really pleased with the quality of the newer Ares guns, the older ones were great but I don't know.... something happened between then and now that made it not as great. Quick change spring definitely is a plus especially if you play both indoors and out. Parts on the other hand are hard to acquire period. Not even their distributors can get a steady (or rather any) supply of proprietary OEM repair parts.

As for the goggles, JT Spectra Flex8 is where it's at. Otherwise go ESS or Revision eyewear. Mesh I would only really use for lower face protection, NEVER for eyepro.

Also note there are two types of mesh, "weaved" and "stamped". The stamped is better supposedly but still there is the danger of shards in the eye.
Old November 4th, 2011, 00:29   #30
Ryan92

So ares was a good buy? Spent 600 on the gun alone. The markup was probably brutal.

They were using White .20 BBs. No idea what kind.
It may have been a result of using the mags they give customers at the arena. I hope that was the problem. I will be very pissed if the gun still malfunctions.

Edit: I may have to come to you if something goes wrong Amos... XT tried charging me 30 bucks right away just to "fix" the gun... I love the place but the sales tactics kinda suck... I work in retail so i know what it is like.

Last edited by Ryan92; November 4th, 2011 at 00:34..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion