Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

A.P.S CAM870 CO2 Powered Shotgun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 11th, 2014, 18:23   #31
N_Force

Shot 50 rounds and exchanged co2 once then shot another 20 rounds, disassembled it and did clean up. Based on the trigger group assemble, I believe it is using kind of RS material same as the parts I ordered from Remington. Couple of little issues,1, co2 charger struck sometimes, 2,found the first leaking shell, 3, better not re-use the wads, 4, cap damaged pretty quick since the extractor is steel, need to file a bit to make it back in shape. 5, Pump load sometimes not smooth but eject is perfect. Sound loud and could use 4 of 8mm bbs.

For the look, the feels, the way it shoot, even the quality, it's not bad for the price I paid for. Good for collections, may not good for gaming , for sur not for CQB, need a lot of shells preloaded. Like you reload RS ammo, lol....

Last edited by N_Force; May 18th, 2014 at 00:38..
N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 18:15   #32
N_Force

Another 30rounds test fire, works perfectly smooth, loud and clean load and eject. Could be the clean up and light mod for the internal last light make it the best.
Today fixed and solution:
Shell leak when recharging, roll the shell to see which direction could minimize the leak for time being, or just replace o-ring.
Once you get the shell charger, you need to install the co2 container to the shell charger, there is an clear o-ring in front of the co2 container, don't damage it, I did and thats why I though it used a lot of co2 cause it was slow leaking, lol. Hope that is ture.
The charger pin stuck in to the end cap, lightly file the pin would be fine, make sure not too much or it will cause co2 leak during charging.
I think that is it, hope those info would help. I need to go back to shoot some more now, haha!!

Last edited by N_Force; May 18th, 2014 at 00:39..
Old May 13th, 2014, 19:31   #33
N_Force

Ha, since the wads can't be use more than two times(damaged the four side wings) and could stuck inside barrel, and the paper sealing not possible to reuse. I cut out the side wings on the wad and use two insert in a shell with 12 bbs in between, that works well. And can be kept using for a while, save some money!

this way will reduce the shooting range and power

Side note: I have feelings this shotgun could be...... if someone report it a RS?

Last edited by N_Force; May 18th, 2014 at 00:33..
Old May 14th, 2014, 05:20   #34
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Ive been toying around with these inside stores in HK and from what ive seen they are pretty sturdy. also compatible with all those RS accessories out there. most common ones are the magpul stocks and grips.

however rumours are that these will be seeing limited days in HK as it apparently does something extremely close to the RS one with the pin hitting a primer that kinda stuff. Heard someone said that anyone with a milling machine or something can make a RS one and throw it in. how true this is i dont know or if doing so will cause the gun to blow up in your face is another story. but because of this, its days maybe numbered.

Note that all this is just speculation of rumours from what I heard. I dont know if they are true or whatnot. but I'm in HK right now and all this shiz is happening so :S all i can however is this gun is pretty amazing and will work extremel well for those 3 gun shooters out there. I think that was its purpose.
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 15:45   #35
N_Force

It's a very nice one especially the trigger set is likely close to RS material. For sure this whole piece is last longer than others airsoft one. Could minimize parts wearing. I have a competition shell lifting arm ordered from Remington, shows the material are very close to APS, and way different from Maruzen one(so fragile), but need to modify to fit in(still working on it). Even I've found Magpul stock in Canada at right price. I've ordered the other brand and also gold plate trigger to try out. They are pretty close size to fit in, let's see!

Last edited by N_Force; May 14th, 2014 at 17:04..
Old May 15th, 2014, 19:28   #36
kevinpo

can you tell me where you buy it or where i can have one ?
kevinpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 22:47   #37
N_Force

After 200 rounds cycle, and a bit more fine tune, now both load and eject are running smooth like hell. When it was new loading the shell sometimes may jam a bit and you just have to pull back a bit and push forward would work. All I did was filed the other side of shell catcher of the bolt, there is a kind of spring on the side wall of the housing, when the bolt pushing forward and hit it, it made a fiction there if I didn't push forward smooth enough. Filed the bolt a bit in 45 degree on the point that hit the spring. After done, no matter you rack it not too smooth and it still will load the shell much better.
Next, it' time to make a new look with RS accessories! What's about Magpul stock and frontgrip? Or the new pistol grip look like the new TM870 one? And the Remington trigger in gold is on the way!!

Last edited by N_Force; May 16th, 2014 at 22:55..
Old May 18th, 2014, 00:23   #38
N_Force

Top: Original APS CAM870M Trigger Set
Bottom: Remington Competition Shell Loading Arm
PS, this needs to have precious modify to make it working smooth, even the original one, I can see it's been done mod heavily and close to 95% smooth. Mine is now 75-85% only. Need to work on it again!
[IMG][/IMG]

After installed Remington shell loading arm

Loaded with shell

update pictures from post #31

Last edited by N_Force; May 18th, 2014 at 12:43..
Old May 18th, 2014, 19:16   #39
N_Force

spent some time and fixed the Remington competition shell lifting arm to work the best, now it's almost 95% perfect smooth.
trigger set dis-assembled

shooting this shotgun in 3 positions: horizontal, 30 degree muzzle up(the most challenge angle for feeding) and 30 degree muzzle down. If all three are shooting okay, it is well tune. But if you got stuck sometimes, don't force it forward, slightly pull back a bit and push forward again would be fine, the part you may need to mod is 870-36.
top-original, bottom-Remington

right loading

right height

too low

File it a bit round in the front of each shell when it id new, also clean the back of the shell once in a while, you would have a better smooth loading.

Don't un-screw the bolt cause it is thread locked. I did break one of the screw already, still working okay, need to spend some time to fix it though! damn!

next project is the Remington trigger in gold....

Last edited by N_Force; May 18th, 2014 at 19:26..
Old May 18th, 2014, 21:12   #40
KEVORKIAN

Those shells look BEAT UP...are they deformed in any way?

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:51   #41
N_Force

Since total around1000 times cycle and including around 750 rounds cycle with shells for testing, the shotgun parts are still in good condition, but the 6 shells (average take 130 shots each shell) look a bit beaten up(the extractor is steel kind and the shell end cap is aluminum, steel beats aluminum), of cause. That's what I like this APS shotgun design for, long lasting steel internal parts and only need to maintain the shells. For Japanese version one, it crashes already even using HFC gas. APS has the parts support on replacement shell end cap and shell cartridge, even o-ring too. The red, blue and white cartridges housing are so durable and hardly be deformed since I tortured them pretty much! And also the parts and accessories you can use RS part to enhance it last longer and looks better too. Those are the projects I'm slowly working on, stayed tune!

Video is coming up soon.....

Last edited by N_Force; May 19th, 2014 at 12:14..
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:25   #42
MultipleParadox

Great review/report
Thanks for the time you take on updating this thread, this is the kind of info we need

A question comes to mind, again (as it was discussed somehow already when the madbull training shells were released):
At that point, why buy the APS which is essentially a shotgun and not use a RS one with the PAS shells? This is assuming the shells are of the correct dimensions of course

On the same train of thoughts, are the madbull shells compatible at all with that system?

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:05   #43
N_Force

I talked to one of the RS dealer, he was so kind to tell me bring it to the shop and did compare to Remington shotgun, the barrel, shell tube end cap, stock pad, even choke tube. They are not fit for APS. First the barrel, I like the wingmaster 30", so sexy, cost $300, I tried to load the shell in, it's smaller than RS one. So madbull training shell may be too large to fit into APS. Second, shell tube end cap is also too large too, and of cause the choke tube tho. Choke tube tractical one is slightly larger , I think widen the APS barrel could make it fit in nicely, I may try it soon. The butt pad is also too large, APS stock is smaller. But you still could change to Magpul or any RS for M870. Don't know too much about madbull one but my conclusion is, if you like longer lasting internal and RS like airsoft shotgun , the loading and ejecting, forget about the power, recoil and sound, here is the one. You can change the look easily with RS accessories and don't have to wait for airsoft parts.

PS, people keep asking me why not get into RS, it's cheaper? Yes! but need no license and I can just stay home, play with it anytime, without going out to range for half a day or longer, even a bit more expensive for the first time but for sure save the ammo for long run.

Last edited by N_Force; May 19th, 2014 at 12:30..
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:21   #44
MultipleParadox

Thanks for your response

Tes of course the RS vs Airsoft argument is valid un that case and completely agree with it;

However hat I meant was (if it would have been compatible), you could get a RS shotgun and use the airsoft shells and have basically "the same thing"

When madbull came out with their training shells (that are meant to be used in RS), it was somehow badly received by the ASC Community, and there was that discussion about it. Where I am getting at is, even if the size differs a bit, the APS is just like a real shotty. If the APS was to be accepted in a game, "why not" a RS one with training shells, kind of.

But I don't want to restart that discussion here as it's been talked about already and off topic anyways

Thanks again

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 13:27   #45
N_Force

Enjoy the video...

http://youtu.be/5zfUWj6eWns

PS, you may not see much different for the loading, by my feel, I can tell it way different between now and when it was new.

Last edited by N_Force; May 20th, 2014 at 07:16..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion