Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

416 GBBR I know another 416 thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 2nd, 2013, 20:24   #1
jomor

416 GBBR I know another 416 thread

So everyone I would like your oppinions on which 416 GBBR I should get. I guess it comes down to two companys VFC and WE. I know that there seems to be a lot more parts available for the WE. But I like the idea of using G&P Pmags with the VFC. I know it should be Emags but at least the Pmags look better than the plain old metal M4 mags.
Is one more reliable than the other in the short term and the long term. Is there a good source for VFC upgrade parts?
Tell me what you would do and why?
Please and thanks
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 20:36   #2
slntdth93

I believe someone did make pmag shells for WE magazines if that's of any help... I think i saw it over on gasguns.info
slntdth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 21:04   #3
jomor

Does anyone know where I can get VFC 416 GBB in Canada other than Milsig. They are way over priced on just about everything. Obviously if the gun is hard to get and the extras are hard to get then I will go WE. Thanks for letting me know about the mag sleeves I have seen those and I don't mind do that to the WE mags, If I go WE that is.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 21:30   #4
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
Does anyone know where I can get VFC 416 GBB in Canada other than Milsig. They are way over priced on just about everything. Obviously if the gun is hard to get and the extras are hard to get then I will go WE. Thanks for letting me know about the mag sleeves I have seen those and I don't mind do that to the WE mags, If I go WE that is.
Doesn't a guy with the username who's a donkey character from winnie the pooh do GBBR's? Maybe ask him? I think his prices are generally pretty reasonable especially considering he doesn't do high volume and does custom stuff sometimes.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 21:37   #5
jomor

LOL

Eyorre LOL
Old August 3rd, 2013, 21:51   #6
jomor

advice

So no one has an oppinion on which one I should buy, VFC or WE?
Old August 4th, 2013, 11:22   #7
Magnaroth

My understanding is WE has more reliable internals, while VFC has a superior external finish. If you want looks, and are willing to upgrade, go VFC. If you would rather have a gun that is more reliable but less pretty, go WE.
Old August 4th, 2013, 11:44   #8
CrAzy AziAn

There are Pmag shells for WE but the 416 receiver is different then the M4 mag well. They don't lock.

Personal Experience.
CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 12:21   #9
jomor

lock

Well that sucks. I'm leaning more towards the VFC. I have no problems upgrading the internals of a gun. Most need to have that done anyway. I like the fact the both VFC mags and G&P will fit the VFC.
Old August 4th, 2013, 14:53   #10
Drake
E-01

The PMAGs for WE are modified real steel PMAG shells (requires non-negligible modifications); there are no COTS WE-compatible PMAGs. The RS mags also drive up the cost-per-mag considerably.

The 416 and M4 lowers are identical save for the shape (angle) of the lower edge of the magwell.

The tip edge of the PMAGs have to be trimmed down: if the height they're trimmed is off (mag sits slightly too low or at the wrong angle) then that could cause bolt lock to not engage properly. Otherwise the internals of the mag are entirely the same and I don't see why the bolt wouldn't lock back (although the WE bolt lock is finicky under the best of circumstances).

WE vs VFC. The WE is a workhorse that works pretty well out the box and won't set you back much. The VFC is moar purdy and has extra doodads available, but you'll be paying more for everything along the entire line and you'll probably need to do a lot of internal upgrading before you get a solid workhorse.
Old August 4th, 2013, 16:19   #11
jomor

WE

Okay great now I'm leaning more to the WE. I understand that the VFC is better looking. But are the internals realy all that bad? I know that with the WE there are a lot Ra-tech internals you can get. But isnt the VFC WA compatible? If that is so then there should be just as much in the way of upgrade parts?
Old August 4th, 2013, 17:23   #12
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
I would say WE. Toronto Airsoft just re-stocked theirs, I also saw it in person last Thursday at Ultimate Airsoft.

It's a pretty gun, that being said, WE parts are always available, so in terms of upgrades you shouldn't have a problem finding parts like I am with my KWA LM4.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 18:07   #13
Magnaroth

I have never heard anyone call VFC bad.

I know I end up upgrading my gun's internals eventually, no matter the gun.

It really depends on you. You will possibly save money by going WE.
Old August 4th, 2013, 20:21   #14
jomor

Money

Thats one of the reason I can see going to WE is the cost. But I realy love the look of the VFC and it has trades. Some one call me a WAAMBULANCE!
Old August 4th, 2013, 20:34   #15
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomor View Post
Thats one of the reason I can see going to WE is the cost. But I realy love the look of the VFC and it has trades. Some one call me a WAAMBULANCE!
It's decided, you have a crush on the VFC!

Just grab it, you won't be disappointed.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion