Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sig P226 choices

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 11th, 2013, 22:57   #16
sammynac99

If you can afford it, go TM hands down, sick recoil even with a plastic slide, high gas efficiency and sweet accuracy, probably the best of all different models due to TM hopup system.

I have heard that kwa makes a nice m226 that is very efficient aswell but this is also on the higher end of pricing.

Expect to pay 220 plus for either the kwa or the TM variant at this time. TM version can run 300 or more brand new- this is worth it.

If your on a budget and want a gun that will run fairly well, grab a kjw p226, it's got trades and can be had brand new all metal from the 160-200 dollar range, if you are ok with a clear lower you can get kjw pistols cheap in Canada. As low as 120-100 bucks when I bought one and still at this time available.

The kjw version is definitely also popular, so sourcing magazines and other parts is easy direct from kjw.
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:06   #17
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
The Skeleton Sidearms one isn't really a valid choice...

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:26   #18
shelcoof

I've owned a KSC P226( same as KWA M226)

One of the most solid pistols I've ever owned and I've owned several different Pistols out there including TM, Stark Arms, WE, KSC Glocks 17/18C. KWA, KSC USP.45. KWA HK45. KSC Sig 2022. KWA HK45

Out of all those the KSC/KWA Sig 226 was the most solid build out of them all.

Break down of my experience
Build quality probably the highest out of all my GBBs. This includes internal and external.

The only gripe I have with the gun and this is being very nit picky is the paint job on the slide and trademarks. Not engraved and the paint like every other KWA/KSC slide is a bit glossy. Though in my opinion the paint job is still much better than other P226 GBBs out there

Recoil is very snappy not the heaviest but it has a nice kick to it.

Gas efficiency is just like any other System 7/NS2 out there and its excellent!!!

Other things that may interest you about the KSC/KWA 226 is that he magazine slips in and out of extremely smoothly. For those who has a lot of experience with GBB Pistols would know that quit a few pistols when releasing the magazine or inserting isn't very smooth. This one is like butter. Its not a deal breaker but something that should be considered.

Also the trigger pull on this thing feels excellent. It has a nice trigger pull for sure, feels very realistic. I've shot all my guns and I'll have to say this gun has the best trigger pull out of all my GBB Pistols. Second best is the KSC Glock 17/18C other than that the others are okay compared to

Ergonomics is also very good as well. I'm a lefty and even holding the P226 feels great. Not as great as my Glocks but its probably 3rd or 4rth on my ergonomics list. For those who know me I'm super picky about ergonomics. The gun needs to feel putting on a glove when shooting lol

I think that's about it. Let me leave off by posting some sexy pictures of the gun

shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:31   #19
shelcoof

I could not edit the last post so I'll just double post here the extra info

One last thing. The weight... the thing is heavy! Due to its full metal construction the thing is heaviest out of all my Pistols as well. Not a fan of the weight considering that I prefer the lighter guns. Many of my friends don't mind the weight but me personally when choosing a side arm would prefer something lighter when gaming.
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:02   #20
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Tokyo Marui hands down. The KWA one is good, but the P226 is one if the guns that Marui mastered. Arguably the best airsoft ever made is the Marui P226; that's the standard version, and not the E2. Anything Skeleton Arms is garbage, KJW is a flop 75% of the time, and WE is hit and miss. For the P226 go Marui if you're serious, or KWA if you're on a budget.
Old May 12th, 2013, 14:14   #21
unseen hunter

Thanks very much for all the info. As much as I would love to get a TM my budget at this time will not allow me to afford one. With that said, I think I've decided on the KWA/KWC model. I just have one more question to ask though. With this model how many mags can I expect on a single charge of CO2/Gas/Propane?
unseen hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 15:35   #22
sammynac99

KWA has exceptional efficiency, you should expect to get 2 magazines for each fill of green gas/propane. This also relies on your rate of fire as a higher ROF will increase expansion/consumption. CO2 has a much too high operational pressure for this gun, you should also expect 290-350 fps from this model.
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 16:10   #23
Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
The Skeleton Sidearms one isn't really a valid choice...
It's the masochist's choice.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 23:24   #24
Cornf1ake

I have a Tan WE 226... Love it, bought a tan light/laser for it as well... wish the light was a strobe but it is not. Only one strange thing is that when I chamber the first round, it seems to drop out of the barrel quiet easily... Not sure if this is something I am doing or not...
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 23:36   #25
BennyBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornf1ake View Post
I have a Tan WE 226... Love it, bought a tan light/laser for it as well... wish the light was a strobe but it is not. Only one strange thing is that when I chamber the first round, it seems to drop out of the barrel quiet easily... Not sure if this is something I am doing or not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
First - if you rack the slide to chamber a round, the feed ramp will push the bb out of the barrel. It will still function fine if you release the slide slowly.

! On mobile; sorry for any spelling mistakes or autocorrects!
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 23:46   #26
Cornf1ake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post

! On mobile; sorry for any spelling mistakes or autocorrects!
Missed that, thanks man... But still is a sweet gun. I wish we had a place to shoot in the city. So far just shooting in the house...
Cornf1ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 02:36   #27
mrdzicc

I have a KJW P226 which I've used for 2 seasons. I'm definitely gonna be upgrading it but I'm also going to be buying the KWA M226 because of the 1:1 size ratio...plus I've heard the gas efficiency isn't bad at all
mrdzicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 05:16   #28
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdzicc View Post
I have a KJW P226 which I've used for 2 seasons. I'm definitely gonna be upgrading it but I'm also going to be buying the KWA M226 because of the 1:1 size ratio...plus I've heard the gas efficiency isn't bad at all
Is the hop up turned all the way down?
I noticed with one of my guns when BBS were just falling out of the barrel was because the hop was turned all the way down and the BBS can just easily go through the barrel. If you turn it up slightly the BBS will stay in place until gash pushes it through the barrel.

To test this out just pull out your hop up unit along with your inner barrel and just place a BB in there.... if it goes right through then you'll need to adjust your hop up up slightly until the BB you place stays in place.

I think that may work.. worked for me
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:37   #29
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post

Is that what I think it is!?
I miss her. She still looks like a boss...
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:39   #30
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Is that what I think it is!?
I miss her. She still looks like a boss...

Yup but I let her go a while ago along with the other two. Sigs are really awesome but I love my USPs more and my Glocks even more
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank