Canadian (I)R-Hop users?

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 12th, 2012, 13:52   #1
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Canadian (I)R-Hop users?

Hey all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been looking into getting a HSArmory IR-hop and I was wondering who in Canada uses them? What kind of results are you getting, especially in colder weather?

I wouldn't have posted but I can't find any Canadian reviews/posts on them anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 15:30   #2
HKGhost

Sill working on my DIY one but getting wayyyy over hop. Cold weather didn't have too much affect on it though.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 15:47   #3
CodeName Sempi

Its worth getting its a no brainer upgrade to buy..... installed correctly dramatically effects your accuracy and range in a very positive way!
http://www.sportsonlyauction.com/
CodeName Sempi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 15:48   #4
CodeName Sempi

Also dont fortget that if your using ~.32g BB and + To get the IER Hop
Old February 12th, 2012, 18:43   #5
Ghostnote

I have been looking to get one for a few months now. No replies from the sellers in the states. Where did you get yours codename sempi?
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 18:54   #6
CodeName Sempi

Im in direct contact with the seller.... If you guys need me to get ahold of some im ordering them in the next week for my G&G M14 EBR
Old February 12th, 2012, 23:00   #7
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostnote View Post
I have been looking to get one for a few months now. No replies from the sellers in the states. Where did you get yours codename sempi?
Have you talked directly to Hunterseeker5 on ASM? The guy casually replies to just about every single post ever posted in the technical section of that forum, 24/7/365 so I'd be shocked if he ignored a PM

If you have success with this, I'd love to hear details about how you get it installed and get it working. I had the impression it has to be modified for precisely the inner barrel you're planning to put it into.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 23:14   #8
Ghostnote

I sent him an email from the one he has posted on his personal website. Going to try giving him a pm then. The thread about this hop up is a pretty good read on ASM.

I plan to try this hop up on a stock barrel, and if If I like it I will put it on a madbull barrel. If this go really well I will carve up a prometheus barrel.
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 23:15   #9
wind_comm

sshhhh! don't give away secrets! j/k

I bought a few to play around with. one is going into my personal rifle, whilst another is going into a buddy's DMR. I'd freaking love to use an E length, but Bio's don't really come in heavy enough weights. (especially since aforementioned buddy's DMR will probably be at Claybank this year)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Have you talked directly to Hunterseeker5 on ASM? The guy casually replies to just about every single post ever posted in the technical section of that forum, 24/7/365 so I'd be shocked if he ignored a PM

If you have success with this, I'd love to hear details about how you get it installed and get it working. I had the impression it has to be modified for precisely the inner barrel you're planning to put it into.
yeah, PM or email HS5, he'll reply with what you need to know. he's easy (enough) to deal with.

as for modifying the barrel/patch, yes; it does have to be done to a certain extent. mostly just cutting and fitting then tuning the patch. depending on the manufacturer of the barrel, some fitting/fiddling with the hop window may be required. if you have needle files, an exacto/really sharp knife/wire cutters even, and a little sandpaper, it's easy as pie. the hard part is finding enough space to get it sighted in, so it'll probably have to be done at a local field.
Old February 12th, 2012, 23:18   #10
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_comm View Post
as for modifying the barrel/patch, yes; it does have to be done to a certain extent. mostly just cutting and fitting then tuning the patch. depending on the manufacturer of the barrel, some fitting/fiddling with the hop window may be required. if you have needle files, an exacto/really sharp knife/wire cutters even, and a little sandpaper, it's easy as pie. the hard part is finding enough space to get it sighted in, so it'll probably have to be done at a local field.
Sighted in? Do you really mean to say that you just turn hop up/down until you're happy or is there more to it than that?

Did you mod the R-hop to fit in your barrel or the other way around?

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 23:28   #11
wind_comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Sighted in? Do you really mean to say that you just turn hop up/down until you're happy or is there more to it than that?

Did you mod the R-hop to fit in your barrel or the other way around?
a bit more than that. yes, to some (very small) extent, you can use the hop arm to adjust it, but that's more of a final step (and then, it really only holds in in place). to "tune" it, you basically have to shoot it, then shave down the contact patch (BB side) until it stops over-hopping. when I say "over hop", I mean the thing will probably look like a mortar and land 200+ ft downrage, so you'll be able to tell.

both. my personal barrel (a crappy Systema 6.04) has/had beveled edges in the hop window. other barrels like the excellent Madbulls and Prommys have straight edges, which make it _slightly_ easier to install.

after that, the patch comes oversized, so you just trim it little by little until it fits the window (lengthwise) then trim the "legs" down till it sits flush with the outside of the barrel.

then you go and do the shooting bit (depending on how much space you have at your disposal. average city houses won't really cut it without freaking the neighbours out), and then shave down the inside contact patch until it shoots right for the weight you use.
^^^that portion is kind of a b*tch because you have to go and disassemble the thing every time to get to the patch.
Old February 13th, 2012, 15:16   #12
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Thanks for the answers guys!

Seems like it would be easier to tune if I had a V3... Time to invest in an AK.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 17:19   #13
CodeName Sempi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Thanks for the answers guys!

Seems like it would be easier to tune if I had a V3... Time to invest in an AK.
Honestly does not matter what Gearbox version you have, Ive used it on V3's V7's and V6's all it is a peice of rubber you size down to fit into your Barrels hopup window...

EDIT: V6 gearbox not V5
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:30   #14
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

bumping this up to see how you guys are liking your r-hops if you're running them by now, and if you're using the block nub with modified arm or just the stock nub.

What distance/groupings were you shooting before on what guns and what are you shooting now with the r-hop.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 21:56   #15
wind_comm

if everything goes well, some of you will be on the receiving end of my buddy's r-hopped SPR at claybank.

getting the kinks out wasn't exactly fun, but from the few rounds that made their way out the barrel, a whole lot of PTW owners are in for a very nasty surprise.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank