Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Negativity towards younger players ?

:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old February 8th, 2009, 15:38   #1
MOARPOWER

Negativity towards younger players ?

Well, I've noticed that the usual airsoft community seems to dislike younger people from playing airsoft in general. Even though most kids our age don't have the maturity to handle an airsoft gun, there ARE kids 16 and older who ARE mature enough to know the rules and safely handle a AEG or any kind of airsoft gun. Thought I'd get my opinion out there and see what other people have to say ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Everyone needs a hobby.

Airsoft is still cheaper than cocaine and plus I dont wake up naked in the woods anym....actually no that still happens with airsoft.
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:40   #2
Donster

well that is all well and good and we have provisions made for such people. If your parents buy your gun, accompany you to a game you can play, assuming you have game host permission ahead of time to do so.
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:44   #3
Disco_Dante

Our actions weed out the weak. Flaming culls the herd. We are the shepherds of the airsoft flock.

Only those who really give a shit about airsoft make it through the flaming, and those are the underaged kids that we want around. Retards screaming about how mean we are when we tell them to get age verified don't hang around very long.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:44   #4
mcguyver

And 16 year olds may be mature enought to drive a car as well. But they must be of majority age to be legally accountable for all their actions. This includes voting, drinking, gambling, purchase of controlled items, etc.

This is the sticky point, "maturity" really means jack shit.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:46   #5
Strelok

I wouldnt exactly say its negetivity directed at them because they're underage. Its usually because they're trying to slither their way through the Age Verification system or being generally retarded on the forums.
Not only that, There are liabilities to be considored. being 18+ Makes yourself liable for your own actions.
I was able to participate in airsoft games when i was 16 because I had proven myself to be mature and knowlegable about the sport. but I wasnt really granted any special priveledges beyond that.
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:51   #6
MOARPOWER

Aha, yeah. I get what you guys are going for. As long as you can prove to be "mature", using this word very loosely here, to handle an airsoft gun properly and not be a arrogant jackass who whines and bitches all day along, you should be in the clear ?

[Edit] I should also add that I wish so much that I could be 18 and be legally accountable for all of my actions, but alas, I can't speed up time as much I'd like to. Thanks for all your opinions !

Quote:
Everyone needs a hobby.

Airsoft is still cheaper than cocaine and plus I dont wake up naked in the woods anym....actually no that still happens with airsoft.

Last edited by MOARPOWER; February 8th, 2009 at 15:52.. Reason: something to add
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:53   #7
T_A_N_K

If it makes you feel any better, the majority of all of those who joined, some 07's but mostly 08's and up are just as retarded and immature as 16 year olds. Being 18 you can get an airsoft gun, whether people will play with you are not is a different story, which is highly dependent the standard you hold yourself to. 17-40+ you cans still be an asshole and immature. I'll take the 17 year old that's respectful and eager to learn anyday.

Last edited by T_A_N_K; February 8th, 2009 at 16:00..
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:55   #8
The Saint

I don't have a problem with younger players, provided they prove themselves through deeds, not words. I prefer not to jump to any conclusions simply because someone is under 18.

And technically, ASC itself has no problem with younger players. Only individuals on ASC has problems with younger players.

When dealing with official rules, the 18+ rule is limited to buy and sell, not hosting and playing. Some people like to blur those two together, but that's a misrepresentation of ASC policy. If a host wants to allow minors, that's their right and we don't have and will not make rules against that right. And so far, all the inclusion of minors I've seen have been done in a controlled manner. Minors aren't getting free passes, but must prove themselves first and tight scrutiny. Besides, people who don't like minors can always opt not to play games that permit minors.

At the same time, we will slam stupidity regardless of age, whether it's a bunch of 12 year olds who want to do a backyard battle or a bunch of 22 year olds who want to do the same.
Old February 8th, 2009, 15:58   #9
MOARPOWER

Thanks Saint, for your point of view. I totally see what your saying. This makes me feel better how a lot of people won't judge people just because of the fact that they are underage.

Quote:
Everyone needs a hobby.

Old February 8th, 2009, 16:01   #10
The Saint

You can start impressing me by making your signature a lot smaller... What you've got plus 3 quotes is over the forum size limit.
Old February 8th, 2009, 16:03   #11
MOARPOWER

Aha. Will do.

Quote:
Everyone needs a hobby.

Old February 8th, 2009, 16:06   #12
L473ncy

Personally. Before I turned 18 I was already pissed off at kids my age (like 15-17) After I turned 18 I found myself getting pissed off at kids younger than me.

That being said. I have no problem with you because it seems like you try to bring intelligent conversation to the table rather than "whine moan, I can do whatever I want, I don't care I'm still getting an airsoft gun anyways whine whine". Most underagers who are smart (the ones that we like and don't show hostility toward) don't whine publicly and after they make the first thread usually smarten up pretty fast. They just shut up, read, wait, get to know the community, and maybe spectate a game or play with their parents (assuming field owner is ok with 16+).

Finally. Come on. Think about it. The rest of your generation is ruining it for you. You can't say that you haven't noticed the trend toward girls being sluts and guys with their jeans down to their ankles, wearing the durag and stupid baseball cap.
Old February 8th, 2009, 16:10   #13
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Not to highjack this thread but I've always wondered about our age of majority. You can serve your country and 17 but you can't have a beer to celebrate a victory after, or vote for the government that will make choices about your deployment.
Old February 8th, 2009, 16:11   #14
Xx William xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
You can't say that you haven't noticed the trend toward girls being sluts
Damn I wish I was a teenager.
Old February 8th, 2009, 16:15   #15
MOARPOWER

Yeah. I went on ASC for awhile before I actually immersed myself in the world of airsoft. Of course, everyone had their stupid moments, but then I read up on the FAQ's and other rules pertaining to airsoft and its fragility in Canada. After I read up, I asked some questions to expand my knowledge to get a understanding how airsoft is around Vancouver etc.

Sometimes, I really dislike people my age. I often ask myself why 15-18 year olds are so ignorant and quick to jump to conclusions without reading up on their shit. Like everytime I read a thread pertaining to backyard games and random stories about underage kids fucking around with airsoft guns, they make me want to hit them over the head again and again with my AEG. But then, i thought better of it. If they want to get shot, then go for it. But that won't improve the situation of airsoft that we have in Canada.

You guys should check out youtube and search up "kids airsoft". Makes me rage everytime :P

Quote:
Everyone needs a hobby.

Last edited by MOARPOWER; February 8th, 2009 at 16:17.. Reason: something to add
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank