Weapon maintenance for beginers

:

Newbie Tank

Old January 10th, 2010, 22:39   #16
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Griffen
Good Video. Cheers!!!

Elite Force - Front Line Resolution - What's In Your Mag?
Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:51   #17
DrDoUm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaustie View Post
Does the same hold true for m203 shells? should I be keeping those partially gassed as well?
I would personally keep any tank full or at least partially gassed for storage. I do scuba diving and this is basic maintenance on scuba tanks. Never empty a tank to avoid moisture from getting into it, thus degrading the tank, the seals and the quality of the air you're breathing. I don't know that much about airsoft but I guess it applies as well.
DrDoUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:21   #18
Mladen

so i went out and bought a cleaning rod, and just like in the video i've been very careful not to damage the hop up by pushing the rod to far down the barrel; however the cleaning patches are coming back still pretty dirty, should i just continue with the patches or can i use some alcohol swabs and finish off with the silicon oil like in the video?

Thanks
Mladen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:32   #19
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mladen View Post
so i went out and bought a cleaning rod, and just like in the video i've been very careful not to damage the hop up by pushing the rod to far down the barrel; however the cleaning patches are coming back still pretty dirty, should i just continue with the patches or can i use some alcohol swabs and finish off with the silicon oil like in the video?

Thanks
Alcohol will dissolve certain synthetic compounds... like your hop-up. I'd just use a little bit of silicone oil and keep at it. I've had to swab barrerls 6+ times on a new ACM gun to get all the crap out of the barrel.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:35   #20
Mladen

ok thx
Mladen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 17:29   #21
allblackguns

Any one know of any good Mechbox repair vidoes?

Thanks

R
allblackguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 17:40   #22
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by allblackguns View Post
Any one know of any good Mechbox repair vidoes?

Thanks

R
Can you be more specific? www.mechbox.com has dissassembly vids..

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old March 5th, 2010, 06:01   #23
Angerona

Great Video ..Now Another quick questions should you store bbs in between games in either yer aeg mag or Mag for pistol ?
Thanks
Old March 5th, 2010, 06:45   #24
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
No, if theres no need to keep your mags loaded then don't. Doing so you will weaken the tension of the spring and you will get problems with your mag like misfeeds and not feeding all the rounds (this is assuming your talking about lo and mid cap mags, if you are talking about hi caps then I see no problem in regards to this) and also lessens the chance of an accidental discharge by you or someone else playing around with the gun and mag assuming theres no rounds in it. Only load up at a game, if there are some rounds left after the game then empty the mags and clear the chamber by firing without a mag on semi once or twice. Just some simple practices that should be followed by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 18:21   #25
heyds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Excellent video

Couple of things that I would do differently;

On pistol maintenance, I don't use silicon oil. On metal on metal contact I use "Sticky-G" molybdenum grease and on all the airseal parts I use a silicon grease.

Using a grease over an oil makes the lubrication last longer and preform noticably better.

When I preform pistol maintenance, I remove the slide and thoroughly clean the slide rails with lint free cloths, tooth picks and Q-tips making sure all the black gunk is out, then I re-grease.

When lubrication the valves in the mags, I find it useful to work it in a little after putting the oil in (press the valve 15 or r20 times until its feels very smooth)

Great video, this will be super informative for new players... and some players (like the guys on my team!!) that don't know how to do their own maintenance!!
Where do you get your grease? Particularly the Silicon.

heyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 14:38   #26
Lestat
formerly Lestat_d

Shouldn't the silicon oil be fully removed after cleaning from the barrel? I mean, wont traces of oil affect the travel of the bb through the barrel?

Also, whats the consensus on a quick spritz of silicon up into the hop up unit? Same question as above -- wont the silicon oil residue affect the stickiness of the hop-up to the bb? etc?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 21:01   #27
kalnaren

The hop-up works by friction. Oil reduces friction. I'd think the answer would be self evident.

Quote:
Old April 16th, 2010, 17:26   #28
oldairsofter1962

thanks alot im newbie at this and its fun that some 1 takes the time to help people like me.

thanks
oldairsofter1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 02:00   #29
turok_t

Hey I was doing some research and watching mechbox.com. Based on my understanding, you use lithium grease for your gears, and for the other parts, u use silicon gel. I cant seem to find silicon gel anywhere though. Any suggestions on where I can grab some?
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2010, 04:45   #30
six4

Send a message via MSN to six4
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey I was doing some research and watching mechbox.com. Based on my understanding, you use lithium grease for your gears, and for the other parts, u use silicon gel. I cant seem to find silicon gel anywhere though. Any suggestions on where I can grab some?
In the video you will see me use silicone oil spray not gel.
six4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank