Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ingame food & water: what do you eat/drink?

:

General

Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:39   #31
SuperCriollo

I like to drink lots of water before leaving to a game. If your pee looks yellow, you are not completely hydrated :P

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:28   #32
Grizzly0679

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
My hydration prep begins the night before the game.. I will buy a 6 pack of gatorade, refrigerate 2-3 and freeze the rest.
Yeah that's actually key. you can help with staying hydrated by first being hydrated. Good suggestion.

Quote:
Also if you feel nauseous it's a super bad sign.
A couple games ago I had a blast. 6 hours in the sun, just a poptart and a granola bar in my stomach and a canteen of water for the whole day. By dinner time I was so fucked up I couldn't even eat despite being ravenous. Thank god for beer...a little liquid bread helps. Actually serious about that. I've seen it done after triathlons. Mind you that was like 1989 - haha.

Quote:
In the most extreme cases of lots of sweating/loss of electrolytes, gatorade will not replenish all of them. Basic sports drinks only have salt, poweraide has a bit of potassium.

You also need magnesium and calcium... in extreme cases, I have supplement tablets for the rest
interesting, I didn't know all that. Have any suggestions that encompass all those nutrients in one drink?
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:31   #33
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Vitamin Water is also not a bad idea aswell.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:36   #34
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

6 hour day of skirmishes
2L bottle of fruit juice
6 powerades
6 pepperettes
2 sandwhiches
bag of trail mix
5 granola bars
3 bottles of water.

night before good meal, and lots to drink
morning of good breakfast
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:38   #35
Grizzly0679

@ Cobalt Caliber: good on calories and carbs but has no sodium and as far as I know sodium is needed for the creation of electrolytes.
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 13:32   #36
mmmken

Has anyone had experience bringing canned Chef Boyardee and eating it cold?

They're so much cheaper than MRE/IMP's ($1 versus up to $10 for Mountain House stuff), and taste basically the same. They're easy to carry, and many are not pop-top's so no tool is required. The only two negatives I can think of are: cold meal (but then again, in the middle of summer this isn't so much a problem), and harder to dispose (but then again, you'd need to dispose of a MRE/IMP package just the same).

So why aren't people doing taking this route? Enlighten me?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 13:34   #37
BennyBoy

more stuff crammed into a granola/energy bar and much smaller
BennyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 13:37   #38
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly0679 View Post
interesting, I didn't know all that. Have any suggestions that encompass all those nutrients in one drink?
you could potentially make your own super electrolyte drink.. I think there are recipes online for some.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 13:43   #39
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy View Post
more stuff crammed into a granola/energy bar and much smaller
Really?

I don't feel like I ate anything when I eat a granola/energy bar, but with the canned shit - it actually satisfies me as a complete meal.

.. and for reference - I'm not talking about ingame food for a skirmish or anything - but a full 24 hour non-stop milsim like Operation Rhino. I'm not convinced that a few energy bars would keep me up the entire 24 hours?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 13:53   #40
The Keiichione
formerly keiichi

Water,
1 to 2.5 L of water on me
3 L or more at the respawn

Food :
For skirmish : Granola bars and/or Jerky and/or anything that can be eaten fast and on the move.
For big OP's : 1 or 2 IMP/MRE + Granola bars and/or Jerky and/or anything that can be eaten fast and while on the move.
The Keiichione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 14:14   #41
z0ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
Has anyone had experience bringing canned Chef Boyardee and eating it cold?

They're so much cheaper than MRE/IMP's ($1 versus up to $10 for Mountain House stuff), and taste basically the same. They're easy to carry, and many are not pop-top's so no tool is required. The only two negatives I can think of are: cold meal (but then again, in the middle of summer this isn't so much a problem), and harder to dispose (but then again, you'd need to dispose of a MRE/IMP package just the same).

So why aren't people doing taking this route? Enlighten me?
Wouldn't be anything new, lots of people eat them cold. I prefer to heat the things up as I find they are more enjoyable to eat but everything in the can is pre-cooked so you don't need to heat it. Just keep some garbage bags in your base and toss them into one when done eating.

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 14:23   #42
Scotcho1.0

Look for bars made by Brenden braizer, its called Vega sport bars I belive. Not the tastiest but they have absolutely everythingnyou need to keep going. They were created for ultra 50k triathletes, and work damn good

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
Scotcho1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 15:40   #43
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

I down those Boost meal replacement drinks that you can get at the drug store and water.
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 17:26   #44
m1lk0r

I personally stay away from Gatorade, due to the sugar levels in the drink (sugar will make you only more thirsty/dehydrated).

I stick with a protein bar (builders from costco) which is damn good, has all the nutrients and supplements that your body needs (especially salt content). As for liquids, water is the best.

Hydrate and dehydrate. Rinse and repeat.
m1lk0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 19:14   #45
Scotcho1.0

That's a good call, Gatorade is good when you are dehydrated...but the sugars can mean a crash. Generally I'll drink water through playing a sport and save the gator for the ride home..

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
Scotcho1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General