Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 15:18   #17
Mr. inked

yeah thats what i looks like more bullshit
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 15:40   #18
MultipleParadox

Also, OP's title does state "new standards", but is there such a thing in which all insurance cies will agree on like this? I mean, what 1 company would ask for might not be what the other would, isn't it?

I'm not claiming understanding the insurance world, hence the question, but I'd find that collusion or something.

Anyways, I don't think we have to worry too much about those, regardless of what's true and what's not... Most fields are private... It really is sad (if true) for those business that will loose tons of customers though...

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 15:42   #19
sticks

Send a message via MSN to sticks
I'm not to worried. These "alarming new clauses" will not affect our games at Flagswipe. This sounds more like it's APB's insurance provider.

K&K Underwriters is the company that's trying all these changes.... Southwest and at least one other company are not following suit.
sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 15:47   #20
Trev140_0

There is no more airsoft at Soldier of Fortune Paintball now.

When that was made public, many said that was a one off---nothing to see. The reason given was insurance was no longer covering them for Airsoft.

Paintball and Airsoft are 2 different animals with different risks, safety requirements and even age categories.

I often wondered how the 2 can be played out in the same venue and covered under the same insurance- being so different.

How there could be a pizza party for 30 kids (14 years olds) in the staging area, next to guys gearing up for an airsoft game? On the same field.

But no difference to me....our field is Airsoft only.

Private.

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 27th, 2013 at 15:50..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 15:56   #21
Mr. inked

APB must have a shitty insurance provider lol if flagswipe (located in london) is not effected by this, it must have been something to do with APB and them alone.
Live and die on this day
Mr. inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:01   #22
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

I found this hilarious because it seems to just be more stupid crap from APB. I highly doubt the airsoft community will feel much effect, the paintball fields might, but I've noticed a large climb in private fields, which people thoroughly enjoy.
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:18   #23
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Lol clear lowwers. Cmon folks. Worst case will be 350fps and full face protection. Plus who gives a crap most of us prefer to play at airsoft only/private fields to avoid paint (and paintballers, most of em anyhow) all together it just means places like finch's field the hill, warsoft nation and the barrie guys will see a bigger intrest in their fields.
350 for outdoor would suck. Especially for guys like me who run 500fps bolt actions but again ill just avoid the one paintball field i do go to and spend more time at finch's and WSN problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:19   #24
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
What a fucking retarded thread. Why does he keep posting his drama here?
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:43   #25
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
I do not know. I also dont understand why he would not just share the info outright. I mean isnt a forum like this intended to be a poace for sharing info as opposed to bein all like "guess what hapoened, no not that keep guessing...." kind of ghey if ya ask me. But wht do i know lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:43   #26
ViR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
+1
ViR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:49   #27
Trev140_0

I don't want to hear the flaming so save it. But this does come down to common sense. Below is a standard waiver. This waiver is like most and the corner stone of making sure the insurance company or the sponsor does not have a risk if a being sued. At the end of the day that is all that matters for either, and the insurance company is not in the business of providing a service or charity. Its to make money.

So the below is the beginning of the legal agreement you are making with a paintball place. This is the form presented to you, and as such you are agreeing to assume the risks inherent with the sport. If you, A) have never played, or B) a parent dropping off the kid---same form.

Where do you see, "at some point there might be guys playing airsoft, a totally different game on the filed, in the safe zone etc--but all good don't worry"

Nowhere.

ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
1) I the undersigned wish to play paintball. I recognise and understand that playing paintball (hereinafter called the
Game”) involves certain risks. Those risks include but are not limited to, the risk of injury resulting from possible
malfunction of the equipment, used in the Game and injuries resulting from tripping or falling over obstacles in the
Game playing field. In addition, I recognise that the exertion of playing the game could result in injury or death.
2) Despite these and other risks, and fully understanding such risks, I wish to play the Game and hereby assume the
risks of playing the Game. I also hereby hold harmless the “Sponsors” and indemnify them against any and all
claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses (including legal fees and expenses) damages and liabilities arising
out of, connected with, or resulting from my playing the Game, including, without limitation, those resulting from
the manufacture, selection, deliver, possession, use or operation of any and all equipment used in the Game. I hereby
release the sponsors from any and all such liability, and I understand that this release shall be binding upon my
estate, my heirs, my representatives and assigns. I hereby certify to the Sponsors that I am in good health and do not
suffer from a heart condition or any other aliment which could be exacerbated by the exertion involved in playing
the Game. I further certify that I am 18 years of age or older.

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 27th, 2013 at 16:52..
Old May 27th, 2013, 16:56   #28
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
Id like to hear more from the OP about this.. Coming from someone who no longer plays but still likes to be involved in Airsoft community this "new insurance" will loose a ton of business to business's that run Airsoft. Not cause of the new FPS of 350 but to have a clear lower? I honestly don't get what a clear lower has to do with insurance, lol. Well least the private fields will get more business and new fields will open cause of this.
Old May 27th, 2013, 17:02   #29
z0ng

Maybe this thread should be renamed: Adrenaline Paintball Airsoft Restrictions 2013

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 17:05   #30
Trev140_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Not cause of the new FPS of 350 but to have a clear lower? I honestly don't get what a clear lower has to do with insurance, lol..

When I called the cops on my own field (twice) to make sure we were ok, the very first question the cops asked was proximity to the road.

"so, you guys are all geared up etc etc with the steel, how far are you from the road"? (he asked)

Very first question he had. When I replied well over 1000 feet in, complete out of public view, he was right on board and his tone changed from questioning to mild interest.

I am sure this has something to do with it.

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 27th, 2013 at 17:08..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General