Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

REVIEW: AN/PRC-148 MBITR, working replica by United-Star

:

Reviews

Old December 21st, 2010, 18:18   #61
Dimitri
Can't do math

Talk to a CB or HAM radio guy to change the internal resistance of the military headset to match the civilian impedance?

I know its been done, mixing and matching microphones. So it should be possible with this.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 18:39   #62
Yannos
likes touching tralalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Talk to a CB or HAM radio guy to change the internal resistance of the military headset to match the civilian impedance?

I know its been done, mixing and matching microphones. So it should be possible with this.

Dimitri
Yup there is a couple of ways to make it work. Its just that I want to keep my headset Stock in case i decide to sell it and change for a MSA or something. So cracking it open and chipping it is not an option for me.
Old December 25th, 2010, 16:57   #63
ras85ta

my comtac liberator with tci ptt work,but my transmission is low volume
ras85ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 17:22   #64
Conker

@ras85ta:

That's exactly the symptoms caused by a high impedence microphone.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 18:42   #65
ras85ta

how do I fix? resistance? What is the value of impedances must be max?
ras85ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 23:58   #66
manchew77

Hi,
I got my 3 days ago..looking great except i tried work scan so can get the channel with my other radio PMR but nothing work..
so here Conker can you help me out

4.Does it work on PMR frequencies? Conker said

Yes, it is adjustable within the software. I don't have any PMR radios (here in North-America, we're using FRS/GMRS frequencies) so I can't confirm, but based on the programming capabilities, it is. Emitting strenght is also programmable.

can u tell me more details please...
manchew77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 02:04   #67
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

From redwolf:
"The following lists the technical details of this radio:

Frequency Range:
MHR-148 VHF - 136~173.995 MHz
MHR-148 UHF - 400~469.995 MHz
MHR-148 FMS - 467.5125~467.6750 MHz

Memory Channel:
MHR-148 VHF - 100 Channels
MHR-148 UHF - 100 Channels
MHR-148 FMS -14 Channels

Output Power:
MHR-148 VHF - 5W
MHR-148 UHF - 5W
MHR-148 FMS - 0.5W

Frequency Sensitivity: 5PPm
Antenna Impedance: 50Ω
Maximum Frequency Deviation: 5KHz (W) / 2.5 KHz (N) "
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:39   #68
S.E.A.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchew77 View Post
Hi,
I got my 3 days ago..looking great except i tried work scan so can get the channel with my other radio PMR but nothing work..
so here Conker can you help me out

4.Does it work on PMR frequencies? Conker said

Yes, it is adjustable within the software. I don't have any PMR radios (here in North-America, we're using FRS/GMRS frequencies) so I can't confirm, but based on the programming capabilities, it is. Emitting strenght is also programmable.

can u tell me more details please...
To scan other frequencies just press the "second function" button on the side and then scan. PMR frequencies are around 446 MHz in Germany. I must also configurate my radio to PMR frequencies, so we can help us together

I used my other Kenwood TK3101 to determine which PMR channel have the right frequencies.

And a other tip to "read" the data from the radio you have to plug it on the pc and then turn the radio on. Now you are able to read the data from the radio.
S.E.A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 00:44   #69
manchew77

Thank you man ( SEAL ) ..

by the way i need more helps here:

1.when i got the radio ( out side the box didnt marked ) which one is so ..How can i know if it is MHR-148 VHF..MHR-148 UHF ...or MHR-148 FMS ? or All in one? and btw...mine have 10 channels only..on the youtube ..that guy radio is 14 channel???..
2. how you did you install the software for Win7?
3. Anyone know if is it working capatible with..Bowman PRR H4855U ? b/c i have that one too and want to connect it

Please i really need some helps..i kinda dump on radio things..Thank you!

Last edited by manchew77; December 29th, 2011 at 22:24..
Old December 28th, 2010, 16:52   #70
S.E.A.L.

Quote:
1.when i got the radio ( out side the box didnt marked ) which one is so ..How can i know if it is MHR-148 VHF..MHR-148 UHF ...or MHR-148 FMS ? or All in one? and btw...mine have 10 channels only..on the youtube ..that guy radio is 14 channel???..
I had the same Problem. On the box of your radio stays 148U and I have the same Box. So I think we have the same Version. And I didn't see until now any shop that you can select between the versions.

You have to connect your radio to your pc and first read the data from the radio. I have already posted a "how to read" the data. Look in my other post.
In the menu in the software you will find something like optional configurations, there you can adjust the transmitting power (0,5W-5W).
And you can configure individual channels to the frequencies that you have to use. Like PMR frequencies = 446MHz

Quote:
2. how you did you install the software for Win7?
Look on the first site of this thread, there is a help for windows seven user. I use the most time a Mac but to install the software I have found an old PC with windows XP. No problems there

Quote:
3. Anyone know if is it working capatible with..Bowman PRR H4855U ? b/c i have that one too and want to connect it
I don't really know, it could be possible to get a PTT Unit which is compatible with your headset. But I don't know any name, even that something like that exist.
S.E.A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2010, 19:40   #71
Conker

All boxes say "MHR-148U". That's the radio model, where VHF/UHF/FMS are the variants.

For those who need the PMR frequencies, you have to get the UHF 400-470mHz variant, and use the programming software (as S.E.A.L. explained above, thanks ) to restrict the emitting power and preset the frequencies.

For your Bowman, that's hard to say... but two things you have to know:
- Use either U283 connector; or
- Kenwood-type 2 pin connector

Which both works, HOWEVER in both cases you need a low impedence microphone (I won't know if that's the case for your particular headset/PTT, you'd have to check that on your own side).

For the presets, there are 99 available thru the software. Out of the box there might be only 14 set, but you can change that.

Hope that helps.
Old December 29th, 2010, 20:27   #72
manchew77

This radio so costly and hard to setup...
Did anyone from this thread try to setup the channel?..My self i have a really hard time...to connect to PC ( laptop in my case ) i have to find a converter adapter ( took me 3 days run around ) so finanly i got one ( so expensive ..$69.99 ) it's call "Tripp-lite"UBS serial adapter ...
so everything setup...seem smoothing until ...i cant read the data from radio or wirte it on radio..
first i change the port " com 3" then everything seem right but after i typed the channel frequency...i CANNOT write to Radio..and on the radio " ERROR" ..so i dont know what i did wrong here.

So Again i do need helps...

Last edited by manchew77; December 29th, 2010 at 20:32..
Old December 29th, 2010, 20:44   #73
Conker

I've said it right in my first post that it uses a serial plug to connect to computers, so (if you read my post) you knew if when you purchased it.

For your other questions I can't really help you right now as I'm on my laptop away from home, but from what I can remember

1. If it's not off already, turn off the radio
2. Plug the radio in the computer
3. Launch the software
4. Turn on the radio
5. Click on "read" (to test if the connection is good)
6. Import the frequency file (attached to this post)
7. Click on "write to radio"; wait for the dialog to say completed
8. Unplug the radio.

Now if you don't see the presets you entered, press the [GR] button. It will switch between manual mode and preset mode. It should display the preset # on the top right (from 00 to 99).

VoilĂ*.

EDIT: The software has several bugs (as said on 2nd post, first page), but still works. It did display "error" on mine, but after I pressed [GR] to get into Preset mode it still worked perfectly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MBITR-FRS.txt (3.1 KB, 119 views)
Old December 30th, 2010, 01:21   #74
manchew77

Thank you Conker for your time...

i did exactly what you wrote ...except from step #5 ...click on "read" from radio..it show " Receive no Data"..and on the list it didnt shown anything .....and i pressed the "GR" notthing happened..um...so i dont know .

and for the connection from radio i used the programming cable..BUT cant connect to Laptop ..b/c the port is diffirence 9 Pin and 15 Pin on laptop ( showned on pic ) so that why i used the USB connection ( so i dont know if that why it not connected???) or something wrong.

My last wish is ...can you shown me how you connect to Laptop ??? do you used other device ??( beside the programming cable come with radio )..

Thank you

Last edited by manchew77; December 29th, 2011 at 22:24..
Old December 30th, 2010, 13:47   #75
Dimitri
Can't do math

The 15 pin is not the serial port you want, instead its a external monitor connection. It cannot be used to program anything, not this radio or anything else in this world.

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews