Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Age Verification Alternates

:

Newbie Tank

Old February 16th, 2015, 15:44   #31
CyanideApple

Send a message via MSN to CyanideApple Send a message via Skype™ to CyanideApple
Easy with the aggressive responses, i was generally interested if there were other ways IE Skype where i can one on one show someone my ID. I say over 20 Minutes, but that doesn't mean that there's anyone WITHIN 20 Minutes. From what i saw, anyone that could verify me would be well over an hour drives away.
I apologize that I tried to find a simpler solution as opposed to driving an hour for a meet and greet. Glad to see what kind of response certain forum members are willing to give.
CyanideApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 15:52   #32
Datawraith

Interesting idea CyanideApple, and I do apologize for derailing your thread slightly.
Problem is, most webcams are a poor enough quality that the AV'ers will be unable to differentiate between someone printing out a fake ID and a legit one.
I understand what you are going through, as I am kind of in the same scenario myself, although I'll have the opportunity at TAC to get AV'd.
I guess try for games or events around your region and hope for an AV'er to show.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:04   #33
Wardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideApple View Post
Easy with the aggressive responses, i was generally interested if there were other ways IE Skype where i can one on one show someone my ID. I say over 20 Minutes, but that doesn't mean that there's anyone WITHIN 20 Minutes. From what i saw, anyone that could verify me would be well over an hour drives away.
I apologize that I tried to find a simpler solution as opposed to driving an hour for a meet and greet. Glad to see what kind of response certain forum members are willing to give.
Not true. I live less than 40 minutes from Kitchener. While it isn't less than 20 minutes, it's most certainly not as far as you think, you just haven't looked hard enough.

People are being hostile and cracking jokes because all the info you are asking can easily be found in this FAQ.
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:14   #34
CyanideApple

Send a message via MSN to CyanideApple Send a message via Skype™ to CyanideApple
Thank you for the clear answers guys, I'll look into finding someone to verify in person.
Apologize for any shitstorms that may of been brought in, i meant nothing more than a curious question
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:17   #35
Datawraith

Oh! Didn't know you were that close to K-W Wardlord. But that was what I meant when I hijacked CyanideApple's thread; he lives in Delhi, Ontario, not K-W.
So uh, K-W people kind of got a workaround due to TAC coming up and discovering you are kind of in the area, but due to this being his thread I think we should help CyanideApple instead of K-W.
Sorry for confusion.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:17   #36
Wardlord

Quote:
Thank you for the clear answers guys, I'll look into finding someone to verify in person.
Apologize for any shitstorms that may of been brought in, i meant nothing more than a curious question
10 minutes of searching the forums can usually stop hours of flaming.
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:18   #37
CyanideApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardlord View Post
10 minutes of searching the forums can usually stop hours of flaming.
True, i was a tad lazy in that aspect when i was on here in the early morning, i apologize again.

though i'll take no responsibility for others poor patience, it humours me
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:21   #38
Wardlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Oh! Didn't know you were that close to K-W Wardlord. But that was what I meant when I hijacked CyanideApple's thread; he lives in Delhi, Ontario, not K-W.
So uh, K-W people kind of got a workaround due to TAC coming up and discovering you are kind of in the area, but due to this being his thread I think we should help CyanideApple instead of K-W.
Sorry for confusion.
There are AV'ers within 40 minutes of Dehli, Woodstock for example.
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:23   #39
CyanideApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardlord View Post
There are AV'ers within 40 minutes of Dehli, Woodstock for example.
Yes, i've given Matt a message, thank you
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:38   #40
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
DEAR BELOVED CYANIDEAPPLE,

I KNOW THIS WILL COME AS A SURPRISE TO YOU, BUT TRUSTED ROYAL ADVISOR GAVE ME YOUR NAME AND ASSURED ME OF YOUR HONESTY AND TRANSPARENCY. I AM PRINCE ABAKALIKI OF NIGERIA AND I AM PRESENTLY UNDER PROTECTIVE CUSTODY AS A POLITICAL REFUGEE. MY AIM OF CONTACTING YOU IS TO SEEK YOUR ASSISTANCE IN TRANSFERRING THE SUM OF THIRTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY (US$35,000,000) OUT OF NIGERIA AND INTO YOUR TRUSTED BANK ACCOUNT ABROAD.

PRESENTLY, ALL THE FAMILY BANK ACCOUNTS ABROAD WERE FROZEN BY OUR FORMER HEAD OF STATE GENERAL ABDUSALAMI ABUBAKAR BECAUSE OF ALLEGED LOOTING OF OUR NATION'S MONEY BY HER LATE HUSBAND GENERAL SANNI ABACHA, BUT FORTUNATELY FOR US, WE ARE NOW IN A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT, AND THIS IS OUR OPPORTUNITY TO REMOVE THE MONEY OUT OF NIGERIA, WE ARE WILLING TO GIVE YOU 30% OF THE FUNDS AFTER THE TRANSACTION FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION. ALL I NEED FROM YOU IS AN ASSURANCE THAT YOU CAN HANDLE THE AMOUNT INVOLVED COMFORTABLY AND ALSO I CAN TRUST YOU WITH THIS VERY ARRANGEMENT.

IS REST ASSURED THAT THERE IS NO RISK INVOLVED SINCE I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF EVERYTHING HERE IN NIGERIA?

I WANT YOU TO IMMEDIATELY INFORM ME OF YOUR WILLINGNESS IN ASSISTING / CO-OPERATING WITH US ON SKYPE SO THAT I CAN SEND YOU FULL DETAILS OF THIS TRANSACTION AND DISCUSS AT LENGTH ON HOW TO VERIFY ME AND TRANSFER THE SAID FUND. FINALLY, I AM TRUSTING ON YOUR FULL UNDERSTANDING OF THE ABOVE AND HOPING THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR ABSOLUTE CONFIDENTIALITY. AWAITING WITH INTEREST YOUR RESPONSE AND HOPING TO DEVELOP GOOD BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
PRINCE ABAKALIKI OF NIGERIA
Bit of fun there, but yeah... think you'd help Prince Abakaliki by any chance? You can verify him over Skype

I'm sure you're trustworthy and all, but in all honesty I can make and print off various ID's which would be passable in person (not that I would), let alone on a HD cam over Skype. The current system works and as others have said it's not just for verifying your age, its also a filter of sorts to verify you as a person and determine whether you're the sort that's welcomed in the airsoft community.

As much as I hate to say it, there are some people who just aren't suited for this hobby (Just take a look at the airsoft brawl thread) and unfortunately scammers are also a real issue in the community (see the facebook groups for example, there's at least one complaint of a scammer every other week). The AV process hopes to prevent that as much as possible and so far its worked well for the past while.

That said, best of luck in getting AV'd.
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:41   #41
CyanideApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
Bit of fun there, but yeah... think you'd help Prince Abakaliki by any chance? You can verify him over Skype

I'm sure you're trustworthy and all, but in all honesty I can make and print off various ID's which would be passable in person (not that I would), let alone on a HD cam over Skype. The current system works and as others have said it's not just for verifying your age, its also a filter of sorts to verify you as a person and determine whether you're the sort that's welcomed in the airsoft community.

As much as I hate to say it, there are some people who just aren't suited for this hobby (Just take a look at the airsoft brawl thread) and unfortunately scammers are also a real issue in the community (see the facebook groups for example, there's at least one complaint of a scammer every other week). The AV process hopes to prevent that as much as possible and so far its worked well for the past while.

That said, best of luck in getting AV'd.
Thanks, i understand, i just didn't think the whole ID thing would be taken to so deeply to heart. I can appreciate the whole trusting society thing the site is trying to uphold with the age verification procedure, so hopefully i can get mine done soon enough. I have some items i'd like to find and others id like to sell. In due time.
Old February 16th, 2015, 16:48   #42
zombiesniper

You probably didn't see a recent thread where someone came in basically saying being AV'd was a garbage solution and the whole forum was wrong and hurting the sport. I would assume it's not the first, or the last time it will happen.

People get tired of repeating answers so just take it with a grain of salt. Go get AV'd and have some fun.
zombiesniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 21:51   #43
spiderman6

but i never heard from my verifier after a couple of months of sending a PM. what is my way out in scarborough? i dont mind to drive 20 mins!
spiderman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2015, 22:28   #44
nardac

removed

Last edited by nardac; February 21st, 2015 at 21:23..
nardac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 00:11   #45
Slodin

Quote:
Hello everybody!
I was wondering if there was any other wage of performing age verification aside from meeting one of the people listed on the thread page.
I came here just for checking out the classifieds as well as getting rid of some extra gear i no longer need, and perhaps a question or two, and don't really want to spend the time meeting someone to get everything verified. I live in Delhi, Ontario, and driving anymore than 20 minutes just doesn't show any appeal to me.
Any solution?
no, proabably not...I drove 30mins in the summer(gas expensive at that time) and through a toll bridge to meet an AV last year cause I was in a hurry to go back for an 1hour drive to my work place...Im just happy that I drove a crappy V6 rather than the F150 i have now....

I would feel cheated if you can just ignore that LOL

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank