Airsoft Guns Discussion

View Poll Results: which would you get?
KJW P226 (Full Metal, Black) 91 67.41%
KJW M9 Vertec (Full Metal New Version) 44 32.59%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 25th, 2007, 12:07   #1
ak_STALKER

which would you get?

just wondering which is an overall better gbb?

KJW P226 (Full Metal, Black)

KJW M9 Vertec (Full Metal New Version)
ak_STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 12:26   #2
Amos

I'd get neither because KJW is shit for reliability
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 12:31   #3
ak_STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
really... whats a better manufacturer and gun thats full metal?
Old December 25th, 2007, 12:43   #4
veilside5

I'd surely get a P226.
Old December 25th, 2007, 12:50   #5
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Really? I had the M9 KJW, and it was always working ((save for a couple months where I didn't put the seal in the mag at the top when I had to replace the feed lips, but that was user error)). Its true the KJW didn't deal well with colder temperatures as well as TM but I found to be on par with other guns like WE or WA at times. Overall, its a full metal pistol for the cost of a new plastic TM so there's some pro and con to it. Also I've heard lots of praise for the KJW 226.

Anyway, if its your first pistol and you want something thats going to work, I'd look for a TM hicappa 5.1. Stock the thing is a beast and even though its plastic will still handle propane. Installing an enhanced recoil spring will help make it last longer as well. The only thing is, that you'll be looking at additional costs of making it metal if you choose too. I currently have two of these and have sold off all other pistols. One is stock save for the recoil spring and I still prefer to "use" it over my FMU pistol. However the FMU is a much nicer pistol feel and showcase wise.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 13:07   #6
RacingManiac

+1 on the TM Hi-Capa too, the stock frame is metal from the grip up. Long barrel so it is quite accurate stock. The gun is simple to rebuild and repair should you need to, and aftermarket part is aplenty, and metal slide and barrel choices are much more vaierty than just about anything else out there should youwant to upgrade down the line. Only thing is it is slightly longer than the P226 and maybe the M9 too...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 13:15   #7
ak_STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
+1 on the TM Hi-Capa too, the stock frame is metal from the grip up. Long barrel so it is quite accurate stock. The gun is simple to rebuild and repair should you need to, and aftermarket part is aplenty, and metal slide and barrel choices are much more vaierty than just about anything else out there should youwant to upgrade down the line. Only thing is it is slightly longer than the P226 and maybe the M9 too...
i just hate the look of the mag sticking out of the bottom so much of the tm hi-capa 5.1
Old December 25th, 2007, 13:17   #8
Mantelope
Scotty aka harleyb

Send a message via AIM to Mantelope Send a message via MSN to Mantelope
Get a 1911 then.
Old December 25th, 2007, 13:26   #9
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_STALKER View Post
i just hate the look of the mag sticking out of the bottom so much of the tm hi-capa 5.1
buy mags from the 4.3 hicappa and you'll get rid of the mag sticking out, you loose something like 6-8 rounds though.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 13:54   #10
ak_STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous View Post
buy mags from the 4.3 hicappa and you'll get rid of the mag sticking out, you loose something like 6-8 rounds though.
get rid of *some* of the mag.

still there. i just like the flush with the gun look. i think ill go with the p226.

while im on this subject whats the diff between a gun thats non-railed frame and a gun thats got a railed frame.
Old December 25th, 2007, 14:06   #11
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

TM P226 ftw

Unsurpassed reliablility when using propane and upgrade parts galore if that's your thing.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 14:10   #12
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
TM HiCapa or TM 1911 all the way for GBB....
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 14:13   #13
ak_STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
TM P226 ftw

Unsurpassed reliablility when using propane and upgrade parts galore if that's your thing.
decision made. ordering the p226 from mark as soon as he gets more of the damn propane adapters in...
Old December 25th, 2007, 14:17   #14
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_STALKER View Post
get rid of *some* of the mag.

still there. i just like the flush with the gun look. i think ill go with the p226.

while im on this subject whats the diff between a gun thats non-railed frame and a gun thats got a railed frame.
One has a rail for accessories, the other does not. If you dont know what a rail system is, do some more research. It looks like the base for a scope mount for a rifle. You happen to have an example in that first picture of the KJW P226; right under the front part of the frame, in front of the trigger guard.

My usual suggestion is to complete your user profile so local players can point you to deals or help you, then go see the guns in person before buying anything. It will also answer a truckload of questions all at once.

The rest is some red-tape to be able to buy them. That part is up to you.

Last edited by Greylocks; December 25th, 2007 at 14:23..
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 14:23   #15
Crunchmeister

I have the non-Vertec version of the KJW M9 full metal and I love it to death. It's seen well over 1000 rounds (and that's a modest figure) in the short time I've owned it (no gaming, but target practice). In terms of power and accuracy, it kicks the shit out of both my KSC Glock 17 and WA Beretta 92FS "Perfect version). Keep it clean and lubricated and it will perform flawlessly.

My only gripe is that KJW mags tend to be less than reliable and easily develop leaks. The one that came with my gun leaks like mad. The other 3 mags seem to be holding up well to date though, and have seen many fills already.

Another thing with KJW is upgradeability. You won't find many after-market parts for them. However, other than perhaps enhanced springs, I wouldn't see any need to really upgrade this gun. I'm more than happy with it in its current state. The only upgrades I have on mine are a 150% recoil spring and some Hogue grips.

That P226 looks pretty sweet too, and that's on my 'to get' list as well. Not sure if I'll get KJW or not, but I definitely want full metal.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion