Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

POLL: MG36 as acceptable lmg yay or nay?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

View Poll Results: MG36 as an acceptable lmg in airsoft games?
yes 124 73.37%
no 37 21.89%
undecided 8 4.73%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 3rd, 2017, 22:19   #91
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

The discussion is still sort of relevant because the role of "support gunner" is evolving and a dedicated gunner and weapon platform is starting to become obsolete. Where was it that I was reading that the marines might all get issued m27 IARs instead of having 2 LMGs that attract mortar fire once they set up, now everyone is capable of setting up support fire from anywhere on their line. And they were testing 50 round box mags in them when they first introduced them. Which are more than likely in service now if they're considering issuing all marines the IAR. If everyone is an ammo carrier they can all use the same ammo without needing belts and separate boxes of ammo. They can all carry boxes of ammo and load the box mags or their STANAG mags from the same source.

If you're the one holding the LMG and the enemy is capable of directing accurate mortar fire on a given position, you're fucked and your squad is fucked if you lose the firepower. If everyone has something that can take reasonable full auto abuse and have capacity to shoot sustained auto fire with more mobility, then you spread out the firepower and lower the risk of losing the one guy that's holding everything.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion