Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Blackwater DM in Iraq

:

Other Regions

Old June 11th, 2006, 18:53   #16
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

thats the impression I got near the end of the vid.

Correct me if im wrong, but the contractors have to follow orders directed by the Marines or whatever unit they are working with, and if they have better suggestions, the unit they are working for can simply turn it down.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 19:53   #17
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Contractors don't work for Marines, generally speaking. Protection of some DoD related companies (Halliburton) are taken up by PMCs, but I've never heard of a private sector company actually working under/for the Army/Marines. PMCs there work for private companies, period. Companies like GE and DHL aren't given any PSDs by the DoD.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 23:44   #18
Kimbo
formerly pivot

Here is the backstory to that video.

Great background events told here by an anonymous source:

''The 5-man Blackwater crew that was assinged to CPA Najaf were coming under heavy small arms and mortar fire, the city was being taken over by insurgents. The police stations and hospitals were taken over as well, after a day of fighting off hundreds of insurgents the city had been completely overrun, with the CPA in the heart of the city and no way out.

The Team called up to Baghdad and reported the situation, they said they needed immediate extract which Gen Sanchez also denied due to the fact the city had been overrun and there were no US troops there, only contractors.

Well, Ambassador Bremer was pissed at Sanchez and I remember being on office watch during the massive arguments! Ambassador Bremer and our Baghdad TM Leader got together and Bremer said ''I don't want another Bridge hanging! Get those boys out of there by any means nessassary!'' so 12 of us -- 6 pilots and 6 gunners loaded as much as we could in 3 MD530 little birds and headed 70 miles south. we flew in the first day and blind (no comms, and no intel on the heat) to try a resupply, land find out was was going on and then head back, rearm and get ready to go again. Well that night all hell broke lose and we flew back in. Over 1000 insurgents (reported by the F18 pilots) had taken the city and now wanted the CPA after a day of intense fighting by 11 BW guys, airstrikes, a handfull of Marines and 1 sniper we were able to hold them off. After it DIED down and gunships and SF guys finally started to roll in the battle was soon over and we the CPA was saved.

That's pretty much it in a nut shell...''
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 17:40   #19
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Hell of an experience
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 00:00   #20
Tom Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar|-|ead View Post
HOLY SHIT..this is the dude im trying to replicate even his gun...
That dude is Travis from Magpul Dynamics there was a thread on AR15.com in which someone asked and Travis said exactly what his gun was.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:07   #21
Pivot
formerly OlUncleGearHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
That dude is Travis from Magpul Dynamics there was a thread on AR15.com in which someone asked and Travis said exactly what his gun was.
Doesn't look a thing like him. Must be monkeyed up on roids when he was in Iraq, because he looks a hell of a lot lighter and slimmer in the AotTC DVDs. Anyways, here's a picture of his rifle (a repro done up by Blackwater for him as a gift for the combat actions of Al Najaf in '04). Only thing that seems to be different is the PEQ is missing.

Check out my Gear and Clothing Sales thread, and my Parts and Accessories thread.

Last edited by Pivot; September 4th, 2009 at 10:13..
Pivot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 10:30   #22
Kit
Ride Sleds!

Send a message via MSN to Kit Send a message via Skype™ to Kit
thats a sweet vid!
Old September 4th, 2009, 13:39   #23
Tom Swift

More info on the vid

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....id=59481028510
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop