Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniper advantages

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 5th, 2007, 17:19   #1
ganonman

Send a message via MSN to ganonman
Cool Sniper advantages

hey guys im thinkin about buying a sniper rifle and are there any advantages? Also what one would you recomend for me.

P.S. I know the disadvantages.
Old September 5th, 2007, 17:30   #2
Stupideye

Well if you are new I suggest (I'm still new myself) to get a simple but good AEG, get a sniper when you can handle one. :snipe:
Stupideye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 17:30   #3
TrueTGN

Send a message via MSN to TrueTGN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganonman View Post
hey guys im thinkin about buying a sniper rifle and are there any advantages? Also what one would you recomend for me.

P.S. I know the disadvantages.
K, this is like your 8th new topic about getting a new/first gun. I suggest you get age verified if you're 18, otherwise don't even bother yet. Secondly, read up on some of the guns on google (and read the ASC FAQ). Sniping is quite an intense role and it is definitely not for everyone.... you'd do way better buying a basic aeg and working your way up from there once you learn your way around the game.
Old September 5th, 2007, 17:31   #4
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Depends what type of sniper your looking for. Bolt Action you have to have patience and skill. I have had a BA for 2 years now and have never fielded it yet. Instead I run my M14 in a sniper role and that works awsome.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 17:33   #5
tony123

Only advantage i see is if that once upgraded a BA rifle has more accuracy and range then a AEG.
tony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 17:46   #6
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

With my SR-25 i enjoy sniping and semi action. It's quite fun, but the gun is NOT for beginners as it need some good upgrades. It's also very expensive.

Just grab a good M16 since its a bit long, and you can do some basic sniping. Which is basically good aiming and shooting :P
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 17:47   #7
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Advantages to being a sniper.

Save alot on BBs since you dont shoot alot.
Peace and quiet.
The novel idea that when you look at people through your scope, you can touch yourself in an awkward manner and then later on you can tell that person that you were touching yourself in an awkward manner while watching them. Did I mention you save a lot of BBs?

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 18:02   #8
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post

The novel idea that when you look at people through your scope, you can touch yourself in an awkward manner and then later on you can tell that person that you were touching yourself in an awkward manner while watching them. Did I mention you save a lot of BBs?

Fucking PRICELESS! LMFAO!
Old September 5th, 2007, 18:03   #9
rideout

they dont let anybody be a sniper, it takes much maturity and honour, also snipers shoot above the 400fps mark, which means you have to follow very specific guidlines as to the do's and donts
rideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 19:27   #10
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
Quote:
The novel idea that when you look at people through your scope, you can touch yourself in an awkward manner
then shoot them ?
Old September 5th, 2007, 19:28   #11
ganonman

Send a message via MSN to ganonman
ok....but what rifle no one said anything about that and i supose il use a classicarmy M16 A4 with a good scope...but still what rifle is good iv beem looking and according to alot of fourms the sites i find are for crapsoft
Old September 5th, 2007, 19:37   #12
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganonman View Post
ok....but what rifle no one said anything about that and i supose il use a classicarmy M16 A4 with a good scope...but still what rifle is good iv beem looking and according to alot of fourms the sites i find are for crapsoft
You wont find crapsoft on this site.. do some actual looking
Old September 5th, 2007, 19:47   #13
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

A CA M24 is the workhorse of sniping. You need to upgrade it a lot in order to snipe anything.

The advantages of being a sniper:
- The rifle is not affected by cold if well maintained. (gas rifle don't apply)
-You get to do a lot of real infiltration, most of the time alone or in pair.
-You get a lot of adrenaline when you are crawling in position, alone, near your targets.
- Each kills you make are a work of art IMO. It's not about how many you do, it's how hard you worked to get them.
- You are a tool to demoralise the ennemy, to keep them on their toes. One sniper shooting one guy in a formation can often send the whole formation running for cover or backup.
-You don't really save on BBs, since you get less per bags and they are more expensive.

The list goes on and on. Sniping is not for the new guys, as to be effective, you need to understand the dynamics of airsoft. Being a good rifleman playing assault for a year or two is a must IMO.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 19:52   #14
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:

Save alot on BBs since you dont shoot alot.
Peace and quiet.
HAHAHA awesome
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 19:58   #15
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

SOME sniper rifles have better range and accuracy than upgraded AEGs, especially since they have a higher fps limit (some sniper rifles shoot 470 and dont outrange guns shooting 365, depends on your internals, wether its gas or spring, blah blah blah), gas guns are also very quiet.
Other than the gun the rest of the advantages are strictly player based: your ability to hit targets at range, the fact your quiet and can hear everyone around you, depending how well you make your ghillie you can blend in real well.
the disadvantages are: with bolt action rifles you can only fire 1 shot at a time, and with any sniper rifle you usually cant engage under a certain distance so you have to buy a (usually full auto) backup weapon. Even with a backup weapon, you better be a fast runner because in airsoft the best tactic to take out snipers is to rush them.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion