Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Another option coming for Airsoft Sniper rifles

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:36   #31
Hux37

So the two shipped out before Christmas should have gotten to their owners. What do you guys think?

Also, there was an A&K SVD on the website for a whole 5 minutes before it sold. After just shouldering it, and taking a few shots, I know what gun I am buying next.
Hux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 17:56   #32
Sha Do

One of our guys acquired an A&K Dragonouv last year and we found the internals (sears and such) to be over sized and crisp. All we had to do was shim up the trigger sear and this BA became a solid piece. Over all, the A&K Dragonouv is very nice, with some issues with front body screws coming loose occasionally.... the only real problem being the gas adjuster is very brittle. But alas, I am not an AK fan.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:46   #33
Latvian291
a.k.a. Submachinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post
One of our guys acquired an A&K Dragonouv last year and we found the internals (sears and such) to be over sized and crisp. All we had to do was shim up the trigger sear and this BA became a solid piece. Over all, the A&K Dragonouv is very nice, with some issues with front body screws coming loose occasionally.... the only real problem being the gas adjuster is very brittle. But alas, I am not an AK fan.

SHA DO
You mean A & K? The Dragunov is not an AK, it was not even designed by Kalashnikov. The real steel doesn't even fire the same ammunition as the AK.
Latvian291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:11   #34
Skorpion

I think he means the ACM brand named "A&K" which makes the spring powered Dragunov
Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:59   #35
Girock

Its not a new option, its a new gun !

Level 14332623 Certified Killer
Girock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:01   #36
Long_Bong

I would push it even further, its a new sniper gun !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girock View Post
Its not a new option, its a new gun !
Old January 9th, 2011, 14:34   #37
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hux37 View Post
So the two shipped out before Christmas should have gotten to their owners. What do you guys think?

Also, there was an A&K SVD on the website for a whole 5 minutes before it sold. After just shouldering it, and taking a few shots, I know what gun I am buying next.
I shit you not, I am still waiting... (No fault to the seller, it was Christmas rush and I didn't pay for Xpresspost...)

It should be in tomorrow... I'll do a review when I can. To be honest though, I've never owned a BAR before, so bare with me... I can take it to a couple of long term snipers and have their honest opinion as well.

I'm freaking stoked for it though...

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 14:55   #38
enemybrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
I shit you not, I am still waiting... (No fault to the seller, it was Christmas rush and I didn't pay for Xpresspost...)

It should be in tomorrow... I'll do a review when I can. To be honest though, I've never owned a BAR before, so bare with me... I can take it to a couple of long term snipers and have their honest opinion as well.

I am interested in this gun and i think a review would be awesome. Damn, don't you hate the few days before a gun comes in... my mp5k is expected thursday..... I can't wait.
enemybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 14:56   #39
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Do View Post

SHA DO
Always loved the SVD, I'll have to look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post

I've been considering getting a long range rifle for awhile now, let me know how this thing it
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 19:41   #40
ShelledPants

So:

Mine came in the mail today. So far, initial unboxing and feel is pretty spectacular. Jeff at Capital Airsoft was kind enough to throw in an unopened Element 125m spring, so off the bat: a big plus one to Capital Airsoft.

I have not had a chance to fire a round through it. Dry firing, it is a reasonable pull on the bolt to bring it back, but I'm not straining by any means, and to be honest, I was expecting way worst. The trigger is surprising light. To the point where I would be worried about pulling it by accident. Luckily the safety is rock solid and a pleasure to engage.

The gun's weight is solid, according to CP the package is 4.5kg (10lbs) and I'd say 99% of that is gun. With a scope mounted it's an easy 10 pounds. The stock is really impressive, definitely the best plastic I've seen on a "cheap" gun. As a pet peeve, the grip is a bit wide, but I'm an Armalite user, so I'm probably just being a pansy.

Overall, there is 0 wobble from this gun. It is a rock. There is also no clangs or dings when you shake it. All of the sling hardware is pretty solid, though I just don't trust airsoft sling mounts, and I will be finding an alternative mounting solution (such as Blue Force gear or the like).

One of my intentions with this rifle is to make it dead quiet. (Accuracy is important, but the only thing I will tinker with on this brand new rifle is re lubing it properly.) There is a definite "clang" from the mainspring when firing dry. I will let you know the sound when firing live later this week.

The stock sounds filled, I don't believe there is much in the way of a cavity other than that of the stock extension. I will likely build or buy an attachable cheek rest once the gun has proven it can shoot straight.

As with all of the reviews I've read, the mags ARE shit. I haven't fired one, but I can see it's lifespan dwindling as it sits in the box... Brittle plastic, clunky mechanism. They fit INTO the rifle easy enough, and they pop out as intended. I just believe I will break them in my pocket before I get to shoot anything...

I'll do a full review when I have the time (and don't hurt so much from conditioning) when I learn to clean the gun.

Also, as a plus, the hop seems to adjust rather well, but I am worried about breaking the slider... it doesn't seem to be the strongest part on the gun... Though it DOES click nicely at every notch.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; January 10th, 2011 at 19:42.. Reason: spwelling
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 19:59   #41
MilanWG
Perroz Designs

If you want to compare it with a CA M24 let me know
Old January 11th, 2011, 00:53   #42
Hux37

Given the money and easy access to parts I would take the CA M24 v3. But since that is a rapidly dwindling option for some, I would get the M28. Which is annoying since I got a crap load of APS2 magazines.
Hux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:00   #43
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

the proprietary mags are a down side but the rest sounds pretty awesome and for the price not bad. there has to be a way to mod the gun to accept aps2 mags or a way to modify the mags themselves
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 20:50   #44
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.T.Z View Post
the proprietary mags are a down side but the rest sounds pretty awesome and for the price not bad. there has to be a way to mod the gun to accept aps2 mags or a way to modify the mags themselves
The mags are 6.99$...

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 20:58   #45
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote: