Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

scam

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 6th, 2015, 10:33   #1
Privateryan32

scam

if i think im getting scam what sould i do ? ive paid the guy tuesday and we are friday and ive try to contanct him to receive my tracking number and the only thing i receive its dont worry chek my trader rating lol . For me 4 days to shipped its not possible and now im piss off and angry and the only thing left me to do its calling the cops . So if a admin can contact me in pm to maybe give me advice its will be very apreciated , and btw ive pm him like 5 times about if its was shipped and tracking number

Last edited by Privateryan32; March 6th, 2015 at 11:19..
Privateryan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:34   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Who is the ASC User?

What did you trade?

Do you have his name, address, etc?

Post proof of messages.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:36   #3
Privateryan32

ive bought a tm g17 , yes ive got all the pm that he send me and mine , no i dont have any info about his name or other thing and i will give his asc user name when the day is over since ive gave him the benefict of the doubt at the moment to come clean and do what he have to do hehe

Last edited by Privateryan32; March 6th, 2015 at 10:39..
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:25   #4
Shamusodoofus

When was the last time you received contact? It's very possible he may have had a family emergency or something out of his control delaying him. If he's told you recently he's busy and provides a reasonable excuse I can see how that's reasonable. At the same time, if you're dissatisfied with the service I would contact the seller and request a refund or offer some form of mediation.

If all else fails and you are certain he is scamming you there is a pretty good guide to dealing with it found here: http://airsoftcanada.com/announcement.php?f=33&a=2
Shamusodoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:27   #5
Privateryan32

the only pm ive got was nothing to worry chek my trader rating and no info or date that the shipping will be done so that why im getting scared
Old March 6th, 2015, 13:47   #6
siggypoo

Check the seller's trade rating in his profile. That's what it's there for, to help you gauge wether this is someone you want to deal with or not.
Myself, there've been many times that I, as a seller, and as a buyer, was interrupted by real life.
Old March 6th, 2015, 13:51   #7
waylander

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggypoo View Post
Check the seller's trade rating in his profile. That's what it's there for, to help you gauge wether this is someone you want to deal with or not.
Myself, there've been many times that I, as a seller, and as a buyer, was interrupted by real life.
For sure that happens... but then the answer to his question shouldn't have been "check my rating", it should have been "sorry man, ____________ came up and I won't be able to ship until _______ " Just because you have a good rating doesn't mean you can wait a week to ship something without a good reason.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 13:54   #8
siggypoo

scam

Oh, I completely agree! "Check my rating" is a terrible excuse. I merely mean that checking it first would be wise. That said, we all started off with zero at one time.
Either way, no matter the seller's feedback, I wouldn't guess him a plus for communication, that's for sure, lol.
Old March 6th, 2015, 14:08   #9
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

I've had ppl on FB be suspicious of dealing with me and I tell them check my rating lol. That said, he may not be able to get to a PO or even to the item itself to get it sent out, which is why he may have said that, to reassure you that he's trustworthy; perhaps a more thorough explanation was warranted.
Old March 6th, 2015, 14:09   #10
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Its only 3-4 days....alot of companies take longer then that to ship. Give the person a week then start harrasing them for info. Agree that "check my trader rating" is a garbage excuse....kinda wana know who the user is.

How much did you buy the gun for? Might give us insight if its a scam lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 14:16   #11
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

I don't think a scammer would go through the trouble of getting AV'd then getting up a good trade rating just to scam one person, Just my humble opinion! Rest assured there is a ID linked to his profile if he is AV'd. Just give it some more time, people are busy and have lives outside of airsoft.
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 14:34   #12
Privateryan32

yeah i will do that i can understand that life cant take a hold on us hehe its just because ive already got scam once 3 years ago and dont want to happen again hehe

Last edited by Privateryan32; March 6th, 2015 at 14:37..
Old March 6th, 2015, 14:50   #13
hollywood...
cranky old man

I have sold items that have taken me a week or so to ship.

People have lives and some of us have very busy careers, so getting out of the workplace mid day to ship something at the Post Office is not always that easy.

Give the guy some time, contact a moderator and see what happens.

Don't put the guys name out there and smear it, only to find that he had a legitimate excuse.
Old March 6th, 2015, 14:59   #14
Privateryan32

that why i did not do it i dont want to scrap anybody name and well earn respect i will see how it goes for a few day
Old March 6th, 2015, 15:18   #15
Adamlxlx

If your life is too busy you shouldnt be selling stuff IMO.
Not that my job is important by any means but i work post office hours, 9-5. I still manage to ship my stuff out within 2 days. Shipping and getting the product to the buyer is part of the transaction, a big part.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank