Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G M14 Upgrade

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old June 10th, 2005, 01:08   #1
iamregan

Cool G&G M14 Upgrade

Hey guys,
So I've been playing with 3 stock TMs for the past 2 years, (SR16,AK,G36C), and have decided it's time for a new rifle with some additional range; which better suits the new terrain I've been playing in. I was looking for something a bit longer that's built solidly. So I'm very interested in picking up a G&G M14, which is about 350-360fps on .20s. But I'd like to take it up a bit, maybe just south of 400 on .25s. My understanding is that it has 7mm polycarb bushings and pretty decent internals (better than stock TM's).

My question for you is: Do you think that it can take a Prometheus MS120 or MS135 *pushing it* spring (in stock from my friend or I'd probably go with PDI) without putting considerable wear on the internals or potentially breaking gears etc. :?: I admit - I don't have much experience upgrading mechboxes (have done a couple) and was looking for some input from current M14 owners or experienced upgraders/smiths.

I'm probably going to be firing in semi most of the time and have both an 8.4v 3300mAh and 9.6 3000mAh at my disposal.

Thanks for your input!
Regan
iamregan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 01:30   #2
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
upgrading to 400FPS with .25s will put you above the allowed limit at most ontario fields. The upper limit for AEGs is 400fps with .20s, or 450 for B/A rifles, or AEGs permanently modded to Semi-auto.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 10:17   #3
iamregan

Yes, sorry I should have explained. I am aware of the restrictions. Going over 400fps with .20s isn't a problem. I'll only be using this one on a private field where I play once a week. As it stands I'm already being out ranged by the other team. I just want to get this rifle up to 400ish without modding much, even bellow 400fps is fine. I would like a bit more power than 350fps on .20s (which is still pretty good).

Will this gun's stock internals (particularly it's bushings) take a Prometheus MS120 spring (which is comparable to a PDI 170%) without any other upgrades?

As an aside, I was also looking at some of 007's pre-upgraded guns, firing at 410fps and Airsoftkelowna's; also firing above 400fps. They have significantly upgraded parts: reinforced gears, PDI 170% spring, bushings, piston & head. So I'm also kind of looking at an upgraded G&P M4A1...but I already have an M4 and wanted something a bit longer for better groupings etc.

Thanks.
iamregan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2005, 11:08   #4
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

If it's a private field and you're setting your own veolcity limits, for starters I'd stop using sissy .20 ammo, you're not doing yourself any favours with it. At least .25, if you're going above 400 consider .30's, even. A bit pricier, but if you have the velocity to spare, the accuracy more than makes up for the drop in velocity with the heavier weight.

It goes without saying that that wouldn't be appropriate or permitted at a public game. And if you do go hotter, be sure to chrony it with .20's for reference, even if you're using heavier ammo in the field.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications