Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

src makes full-metal armalites

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 30th, 2005, 22:14   #1
mcguyver

src makes full-metal armalites

i have heard rumors that src was going to make full metal m4's, but i just looked on wgc and saw that they have 7 models of m4 and 1 m16a3. the m4's range in price from 270 to 330 bucks u.s. some have r.i.s. with pistol foregrip and some have crane stocks and some have both. i repaired an src m4 last week and internally it was comparable to a tm except for the abs cylinder head and abs bushings. but in contrast it came with a reinforced 6mm mechbox which screamed "upgrade me". it would be interesting to see these hit canada. as they are comparable to ics (slightly less u.s. on wgc), i would like to see these sell in canada for under $500 can. which i think is do-able. head over to wgc and check them out.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:21   #2
sam0182

Send a message via AIM to sam0182 Send a message via MSN to sam0182
Yep...been released for a good two months now but have yet to see any reviews.

New AK's coming soon from SRC as well
sam0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:23   #3
mcguyver

well over all i wasn't unimpressed by the plastic one i worked on. for the money it beat the tm hands down. now if their full metal version uses the same mechbox (would make sense, wouldn't it?), then why would you not get one, if it comes to canada under $500?
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:30   #4
sam0182

Yeah...again, I believe there are (2) different versions...the latter having some of the earlier bugs worked out.

I have no idea how the production went w/the metal line-up and if they've tweaked the bugs out, etc... but!

Why wouldn't you get one?

- They're new
- Lack of trades
- The community is very TM, ICS, CA tried and true biased IMO
- Bottom line is lower quality...and for a hundred cad more, I suppose you can get the security of an ICS @ ca.ca, eh mcguyver?

Haha, there's no security in an ICS imo...we'll see though, time will tell.
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:31   #5
Grim Fandango

Send a message via ICQ to Grim Fandango Send a message via MSN to Grim Fandango
I have a few full metal models coming in soon. They have I believe 9 models all together, all armalites. And yes they are working on an AK variant, but no idea what kind of when it'll be made available. I know the metal bodies SRC is working on will have trademarks, they will have the new SRC logo on them, which looks similar to the Knights logo on SR16 guns. No idea if this logo will be on the full metal AEGs i'm getting, will have to wait til they get here I guess.
Grim Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:32   #6
sam0182

Any idea what your pricing will be about Grim?
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:35   #7
Xepharo

-_-

I don't know why all the sudden there's this.... m4 knock offs of marui m4s.
I rather see these companies make new guns, rather than the common M4 or MP5s. (i.e. SRC / AIM)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/...mart/strip.gif

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/...ftmart/box.gif

Marui came up with an updated version of their M4s as well.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/...dom/5077_1.jpg

I think STAR is going to do better than anyone else in this market. Look at all the guns they're releasing. They're all new guns, instead of the common M4 or MP5. STAR is pretty reliable too from reviews I've seen.
It's just a matter of time before Tavor and FN 2000 comes out

"All pictures are from www.arniesairsoft.co.uk" Credit to Arnie.
Xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:38   #8
Grim Fandango

SRC and other companies that make copies of TM guns usually do it to reach a different market than say STAR.
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:40   #9
mcguyver

well sam i can tell you from what i've seen in the last couple of years. not 1 ics gone down except 1 motor from one fellow in edmonton. many tms broken. i've done 2 ak's, 1 m4 and 1 mp5 in the last month. some fellows on a competing club here in grande prairie have multiple ak betas and all but 1 have gone down. of the 6 or 7 g&g's that i know to be around i've worked on 5 in the last 3 months. of the 20+ g&p i know to be around i've worked on about 10 or so. there are a ton of ics around here, maybe 100 to 150 and i've worked on none of them. i would suspect that there maybe 150 tm guns around and it's reasonable to say that 1/3 have gone down. but that's just what i see. i have 4 tm's currently (mp5k pdw, aug, g36 and ak) and none of mine have packed it in. but then neither has my ics, but i've had to replace the selector plate on my g&p spr/a. but that's just what i see.
Old November 30th, 2005, 22:49   #10
sam0182

Gotcha...

I've seen/worked with about 1/4 of the volume that you're talking about but the only time we have TM problems is when they're upgraded and/or abused.

With ICS we had constant issues - we ran a few for rentals and after every game, 1/2 of them needed to be tuned up.

And friends that are in the retail game are still reporting around 1 in 8 of the ICS are DOA or soon there after dead out of the box so...I don't know!?

I'm surprised to hear a 33% failure rate on TM guns...no doubts though!
Old November 30th, 2005, 23:00   #11
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepharo
I think STAR is going to do better than anyone else in this market. Look at all the guns they're releasing. They're all new guns, instead of the common M4 or MP5. STAR is pretty reliable too from reviews I've seen.
It's just a matter of time before Tavor and FN 2000 comes out

"All pictures are from www.arniesairsoft.co.uk" Credit to Arnie.

They may be all new guns, but they still cost an arm and a soul.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2005, 23:19   #12
mcguyver

for a while this spring i thought tm had problems with their spur gear as every ak and beta that was out their chewed up the gear. i've seen a tm m4 broken in half (gun went out in one piece and came out of the bush in 2 pieces). i have adjusted the hop-up on my ics 2 or 3 times and that's it. i bought an ics m4 full stock last fall and used it for a while this spring before i sold it to get my r.i.s. and i had zero issues with it. our tactical guru HAWK has an ics, 2-tm and 1 g&g m4. his ics has never broke, but his g&g is on my bench now and i think 1 of his tm's has had some work done on it. but see, all the ics guns in my area come from airsoft elite. yes, they have no trades and an orange tip, but they all work and work well. perhaps some guys are getting substandard ics product from asia without realizing it. IMHO i would give up trades and paint the tip to get a good track record of reliability and save 2 or 3 hundred bucks. but this thread is about src.

as i see it, grim fandangoo would not have gone thru the effort or expense to bring in some src if he believed they did not have a viable market even amongst asc members. sure some guys will say "stay away from that crap. just get a tm and sink $1000 into it like i did and you'll be fine". the point is 99% of aeg's in canada will never be upgraded and some people look for "value-added" products. i would buy one without reservation based on my experiences with src (albeit just 1 gun's worth), because i can see what people think when the build a product and first impressions mean a great deal. there are alot of good people out ther who would do airsoft in canada credit by participating, but the initial cost of a gun is a HUGE turn off. i think companies like src and utg are bang on the money with the products they offer. imagine if you went to buy a car and all you could get was a $100,000 cadillac. guys might say "yes, but it's good and you need a car, so who cares how much it is. if you're serious you'll just pony up the cash". would that make you want to go out and get one, even if you didn't have the cash? but wait, then someone comes along with a $50,000 car that perfoms as well as the cadillac and you CAN afford this one. you might just buy it and then decide later if you want to upgrade.

my point is you can't discount a product out-of-hand and all products deserve (just like players) a chance to prove themselves worthy. time may tell these to be crap, but we all suffer by barring them a viable market. guys complained from nearly everywhere this year about poor turnout to games and a lack of enthusiasm among veteran players. i mean, who really wants to play with exactly the same guys for years on end. we need some new blood in airsoft (weeding out the twits is easy enough) to keep up the enthusiasm for everyone. and i think src and utg are going to make that a little bit easier.
Old December 1st, 2005, 01:15   #13
Aaidin

Our local guy is bringing in SRC guns. Apparently they're going over very well. Personally I think they're pretty darn ugly and I don't trust a product I can't find any reviews of. Besides, I like the CA33E and no one else really makes one of those. Also, it *is* sort of disappointing they only make the M4/MP5 series weapons. I held one and it just *feels* icky and they really don't look that nice in real life. Although I'm one of the first to advocate them to my friends who don't make as much money as I do. I could buy a couple AEG's a month, so I'd rather go with something time tested. But for guys with less disposable income I think the SRC's a great idea.
Aaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005, 01:39   #14
Grim Fandango

Quote:
Also, it *is* sort of disappointing they only make the M4/MP5 series weapons.
They don't make MP5 series. They only have armalites, and soon AKs.
Old January 31st, 2006, 20:27   #15
j3anius

anything new about the src full metal armalites; if their in canada or how they perform?
j3anius is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion