Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

feasibility of adding VFC MP5K PDW barrel to MP5K or removing stock from MP5K PDW?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 28th, 2016, 15:23   #1
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

Question feasibility of adding VFC MP5K PDW barrel to MP5K or removing stock from MP5K PDW?

I'm looking to purchase a VFC MP5K/PDW. I only collect for aesthetics and not for gaming so quality of internals is not a really big deal. I'm wondering if the VFC MP5K PDW barrel can be fitted in the MP5K so that I can attach a suppressor to it.

I prefer the look of the MP5K as it is without the buttstock but at the same time only the MP5K PDW barrel is compatible with a suppressor. can the stock also be removed from the PDW?
NAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2016, 15:40   #2
uncle_benny12

Yes it is feasible to install just the PDW threaded barrel on the MP5K. The one I had actually included both the K and PDW outer barrels as well as the PDW stock and the K endcap. You can configure it whichever way you like.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 01:05   #3
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
Yes it is feasible to install just the PDW threaded barrel on the MP5K. The one I had actually included both the K and PDW outer barrels as well as the PDW stock and the K endcap. You can configure it whichever way you like.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
dumb question. I'm about to order this MP5K PDW barrel for the VFC MP5K:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/t-s-c-cnc...l#.V8UTvvkrJD8

it says, "14mm Clockwise (Positive) End"

does this mean that this suppressor won't fit:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/crusader-...l#.V8UTJfkrJD8

since it's for airsoft with 14mm Counter Clockwise (-) Thread
Old August 30th, 2016, 08:35   #4
uncle_benny12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAZ View Post
dumb question. I'm about to order this MP5K PDW barrel for the VFC MP5K:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/t-s-c-cnc...l#.V8UTvvkrJD8

it says, "14mm Clockwise (Positive) End"

does this mean that this suppressor won't fit:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/crusader-...l#.V8UTJfkrJD8

since it's for airsoft with 14mm Counter Clockwise (-) Thread
Correct, the threading on the barrel and suppressor are not compatible. When I had the VFC PDW barrel, it was threaded for 14mm Counter Clockwise (-) which fits the Crusader KAC suppressor. FYI, Crusader is a subsidiary of VFC.

I suppose you have a few options:
1) buy the VFC PDW barrel (I think it only comes in the kit with the stock though) and the Crusader KAC suppressor
2) buy the TSC barrel and find a suppressor with 14mm clockwise threading
3) buy the TSC barrel and Crusader suppressor, and find an adapter. However, keep in mind if you use an adapter, the suppressor won't sit as flush to the barrel as it should. The difference is minimal, just depends on how anal you are haha

Another tip: if you just want the VFC PDW barrel, maybe you can try to contact a retailer or even try VFC directly to see if they'd sell it to you separately.

Good luck
uncle_benny12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 10:07   #5
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_benny12 View Post
Correct, the threading on the barrel and suppressor are not compatible. When I had the VFC PDW barrel, it was threaded for 14mm Counter Clockwise (-) which fits the Crusader KAC suppressor. FYI, Crusader is a subsidiary of VFC.

I suppose you have a few options:
1) buy the VFC PDW barrel (I think it only comes in the kit with the stock though) and the Crusader KAC suppressor
2) buy the TSC barrel and find a suppressor with 14mm clockwise threading
3) buy the TSC barrel and Crusader suppressor, and find an adapter. However, keep in mind if you use an adapter, the suppressor won't sit as flush to the barrel as it should. The difference is minimal, just depends on how anal you are haha

Another tip: if you just want the VFC PDW barrel, maybe you can try to contact a retailer or even try VFC directly to see if they'd sell it to you separately.

Good luck
guess if ehobby isn't able to switch to the stock PDW barrel I'll probs end up getting a diff suppressor than the crusader KAC

edit: I'll ask for the PDW barrel when I buy one. for now the only package that has the PDW barrel also comes with the PDW stock which is uneeded spending. I was planning on getting the package that has PDW barrel and M4 stock adaptor but the barrel that it comes with is the TSC one lol

btw on ehobby it says that importing silencers to Canada is illegal. wut?

Last edited by NAAZ; August 30th, 2016 at 10:29..
Old August 30th, 2016, 11:34   #6
Danke

Technically correct. Real suppressor is verboden ditto for fakes.
Old August 30th, 2016, 15:54   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I dumbly ordered a suppressor form out of country and it came in no problem. It was clearly labeled as barrel extension so that's likely why.
Also I second contacting vfc directly. Every oddball part I've ever needed they send me directly super cheap too. Just have thepart numbers on hand make contact then reply with the items u want and they will send a PayPal payment request or emt info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 16:17   #8
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I dumbly ordered a suppressor form out of country and it came in no problem. It was clearly labeled as barrel extension so that's likely why.
Also I second contacting vfc directly. Every oddball part I've ever needed they send me directly super cheap too. Just have thepart numbers on hand make contact then reply with the items u want and they will send a PayPal payment request or emt info.
estimate on shipping? currently I've ordered a VFC MP5K from AG. retail price at $320 USD but the shipping was like $90 lol, on top of that to increase FPS to meet Canadian standards, it's another 55 so it came out to $466 USD.

I'm looking to get a Crusader KAC suppressor with the PDW barrel but I worry that it'll get seized at customs and the worst case scenario is that they'd seize the entire package. I'm ordering from AG because they're the only one that has the suppressor in stock and it's only an additional $10 in shipping for the suppressor.
Old August 30th, 2016, 17:29   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Shipping is cheap on smaller stuff big heavy boxes come with big heavy shipping charges plus a crap exchange rate lol
I ordered two smaller items and it was about 25usd 12 of that was shipping.
As for the suppressor it may well get seized but I was just stating I made a dumb move not thinking and it got in if you have disposable income you can take a chance.
Or hit up retailers and see if you can get the stuff ordered by them. Keeping in mind the crap exchange rate that'll make most retailers hold off on ordering stuff to avoid price hikes. Basically pay out the arse to get what you want is how alot of airsoft stuff goes. My 7.62 silencer for my 417 was near 100 bucks us but I got it back when the dollar was near par so it wasn't a huge markup. I could have bought the exact same silencer with 5.56 markings for half the price but it wasn't right and I'm anal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; August 30th, 2016 at 17:35..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2016, 17:56   #10
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Shipping is cheap on smaller stuff big heavy boxes come with big heavy shipping charges plus a crap exchange rate lol
I ordered two smaller items and it was about 25usd 12 of that was shipping.
As for the suppressor it may well get seized but I was just stating I made a dumb move not thinking and it got in if you have disposable income you can take a chance.
Or hit up retailers and see if you can get the stuff ordered by them. Keeping in mind the crap exchange rate that'll make most retailers hold off on ordering stuff to avoid price hikes. Basically pay out the arse to get what you want is how alot of airsoft stuff goes. My 7.62 silencer for my 417 was near 100 bucks us but I got it back when the dollar was near par so it wasn't a huge markup. I could have bought the exact same silencer with 5.56 markings for half the price but it wasn't right and I'm anal.
seen. ty for input. each day that I wait for the package to arrive, I get more paranoid. this puts things in context so I feel slightly better
Old August 30th, 2016, 19:37   #11
Danke

Expect tax, duty, and handling fees from the CBSA. If it pass muster they won't seize it but they will make sure you cough up the vig.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion