Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AK Rails for Optics

:

Accessories Discussion

Old October 20th, 2010, 04:01   #1
Marclivis

AK Rails for Optics

I'm having trouble deciding between getting a rail mount for my G&G RK104 or getting a set of front end rails to replace the hand-guards with. I'd mainly like to mount a red dot for now, but I am looking into getting a surefire at some point in the near future. I'm just wondering if those with experience with AKs could offer some advice or share said experience to help out a newb. Thanks.
Marclivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:15   #2
orb

Send a message via ICQ to orb
Well if you want to use a Surefire Flashlight in Future you might consider a Railed Handguard. You want to put the Surefire on the Rail or on the barrel?
I personally use the ULTIMAK AK Scope Mount and optional I have a 660 Surefire mounted on the barrel.

http://www.ultimak.com/m2-b.htm

This rail is also available from VFC (50USD~)

Regards

orb
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:19   #3
buellxbk

I agree with orb on the railed hand guard for mounting your light and red dot. For mounting a scope you have to watch you have a rail that allows enough space to correctly position your scope. The first one I bought was short rail that mounts up by the rear sight. Screws in under the boddy and to the side of the rear sight, it turned out it was to far forward to mount a scope. I believe it was EB airsoft that I got a full lengh rail from. You remove your rear sight and the rail mounts into it and then screws in to the top mounting screw for your stock. This allows you to mount anything you want as it runs the whole top length of the gun. Cobine this with the railed forgrips and you can put anything you want on. I can PM you brand names when I get home if you want.
buellxbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:43   #4

I upgraded my G&G AK74 with railed handguards. My experience with it, as far as RS optic goes, are the following:

Eotech -Good view, but a bit too heavy on the front.
Aimpoint -Lighter than Eotech, but slower to orient and aim.
C-More Rail -Best of the three. Light, and easy to orient and aim.

I think optics similar to C-More red dots are amazingly easy to use on an AK when mounted on the handguard.

By the way, if you find an rear stock adapter to convert you G&G AK into a collapseable rear stock, please let me know.
I wasted enough money already trying tofind the right adapter, which does not exsist, unless you make pemanent modifications.
5.56 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion