Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Back from the dead...

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 18th, 2019, 14:35   #46
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Based on your choices, I'd recommend the setups I've narrowed it down to after a few dozen guns and just about every platform:

1) AEG (outdoor)
TM NGRS (I have an hk417, but they're all glorious)
Contrary to a lot of stuff online, you don't really need a lot of upgrades if you don't need to cross the 370fps mark. They shoot very far, sound awesome, last forever, are built very well, have real trades and are overall very enjoyable with the empty mag stop feature, simulated recoil and 30/80rd switch magazines. Not the easiest to work on but you basically just need to do it once.
-Titan 7.4v Li-Ion battery and the necessary deans mod to bypass the crappy TM battery issues. The power you get from them is excellent and give really great trigger response. 11.1v can have a high enough rof in these guns to damage them due to the recoil system unless you're using a high fps spring.
-Eagle6 m110 spring
-5.9mm metal bushings (optional for what I hear up to m110 but you may as well)

2) GBBR (indoor/outdoor)
TM MWS
Best GBBR platform. Cerakote body with real trades, crazy accurate long range hopup OOTB, good magazines, basically no upgrades required. Been burned by VFC's poor designs, materials and internal construction before. GHK is pricier, uglier and requires some elbow grease to get working as well. WE is an old design that slowly eats itself but I liked mine a lot, MWS is just almost totally hands off and worry free.
-Angry Gun recoil weight is AWESOME in this gun. OOTB it has relatively weak but snappy recoil but with it, it's a real beast.
-Maple leaf hop bucking with their special I-key tensioner and crazy jet barrel gets very good results but you should play a bit with the stock setup to see if you even want to do it.

3) Pistol
TM G19/USP/HK45/FNX etc (anything from the last 2 years)
Leave it stock, love it forever. Marui has been releasing their pistols with the new 15mm piston head design and they kick like mules. I've got the USP9 and the newish US M9 (smaller piston but beautiful construction) and I love them both.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 16:14   #47
Donster

Thanks manchovie!

What does NGRS and MWS mean?
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 19:13   #48
BobbyDangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
Thanks manchovie!

What does NGRS and MWS mean?
Next generation recoil system and MWS is their GBBR.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2019, 12:01   #49
Kasrkin33

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchovie View Post
Based on your choices, I'd recommend the setups I've narrowed it down to after a few dozen guns and just about every platform:

1) AEG (outdoor)
TM NGRS (I have an hk417, but they're all glorious)
Contrary to a lot of stuff online, you don't really need a lot of upgrades if you don't need to cross the 370fps mark. They shoot very far, sound awesome, last forever, are built very well, have real trades and are overall very enjoyable with the empty mag stop feature, simulated recoil and 30/80rd switch magazines. Not the easiest to work on but you basically just need to do it once.
-Titan 7.4v Li-Ion battery and the necessary deans mod to bypass the crappy TM battery issues. The power you get from them is excellent and give really great trigger response. 11.1v can have a high enough rof in these guns to damage them due to the recoil system unless you're using a high fps spring.
-Eagle6 m110 spring
-5.9mm metal bushings (optional for what I hear up to m110 but you may as well)

2) GBBR (indoor/outdoor)
TM MWS
Best GBBR platform. Cerakote body with real trades, crazy accurate long range hopup OOTB, good magazines, basically no upgrades required. Been burned by VFC's poor designs, materials and internal construction before. GHK is pricier, uglier and requires some elbow grease to get working as well. WE is an old design that slowly eats itself but I liked mine a lot, MWS is just almost totally hands off and worry free.
-Angry Gun recoil weight is AWESOME in this gun. OOTB it has relatively weak but snappy recoil but with it, it's a real beast.
-Maple leaf hop bucking with their special I-key tensioner and crazy jet barrel gets very good results but you should play a bit with the stock setup to see if you even want to do it.

3) Pistol
TM G19/USP/HK45/FNX etc (anything from the last 2 years)
Leave it stock, love it forever. Marui has been releasing their pistols with the new 15mm piston head design and they kick like mules. I've got the USP9 and the newish US M9 (smaller piston but beautiful construction) and I love them both.
This. TM MWS with the zero carrier + 4.0 red nozzle valve and brass hop nub has been my setup for the past couple years. I'm throwing .36s all the way to the moon. My GHK AKM has been collecting dust because of it.

I hope they release an A2 upper 🤯
Kasrkin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2020, 10:46   #50
Donster

Apologies for the necro post! I am going to essentially follow Manchovie’s advice to the letter.

Is there a recommendation on retailers that I can do a one stop shop on all the guns and parts? Money is essentially no object in this case.

I just want to confirm: VFC does not have AEGs with the bolt feature?

Last edited by Donster; April 27th, 2020 at 11:28..
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:42   #51
Freeze

VFC does not have the bolt feature, no. I wish they did, I'd have it too lol.

Blackblitz is both reputable and has fantastic customer service.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2020, 11:44   #52
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
VFC does not have the bolt feature, no. I wish they did, I'd have it too lol.

Blackblitz is both reputable and has fantastic customer service.
Thank you!
Old May 6th, 2020, 19:38   #53
Donster

Another question.

I can’t seem to tell the difference between the VFC v2 gearbox and their Avalon series.

I was interested in their M4A1 model but apparently the Avalon gearbox is better from my research online? I just can’t figure out why.
Old May 6th, 2020, 20:13   #54
Freeze

The Avalon gearbox is supposedly upgraded with better quality parts and a mosfet or something. I don't know the details because I got my gun and immediately sent it to Blackblitz to get gutted lol.

My advice would be get the body you want and just go with that until you upgrade the internals anyways eventually. It's easier to get generic V2 internal upgrade parts than it is to get specific external pieces imo

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank