Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Systema PTW Basic Info and FAQ

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 13th, 2008, 00:13   #61
KEVORKIAN

I have 24 mags and I too have experienced feeding problems with some.
I have found that some mags lack spring tension which translates into the mags inability to feed bb's properly.

Simple fix:
- Completely disassemble mag and stretch the internal spring ever-so-slightly.There are two springs inside so make sure you stretch both.
- Do not over do it or you will have one hell of a time getting it back inside and you could also cause more trouble as well!
- Apply a little silicon oil to the two tiny springs on either side of the mag follower.
- Reassemble and test.

If you need a schematic to reassemble the mag have a look here:
http://www.systema-europe.com/Files/...ustrations.pdf

I have fixed four mags so far to date this way and they have never acted up since the repairs!

Good luck!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:17   #62
Lakonian
kos

Getting the mags back together is comparable to licking horse asshole.

One way to get it in is to screw in the bottom 2 screws on yer mag's spring housing... that way the spring wont fly out, and hit ya in the eye every 2 seconds. >_O;
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 01:36   #63
KEVORKIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
Getting the mags back together is comparable to licking horse asshole.

One way to get it in is to screw in the bottom 2 screws on yer mag's spring housing... that way the spring wont fly out, and hit ya in the eye every 2 seconds. >_O;
NOW THAT MADE ME LAUGH !!!!

I SUPPORT THE USE OF SILICA BB BASTARDS!
KEVORKIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 17:32   #64
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
I may have something to offer on the whole shattered BB thing.

I was loading my PTW using the correct loading rod and I have noticed the first batch of BBs go in okay. The second batch however are a BUGGER - you really have to reef down to get those BBs in - so much so that I think its possible to deform the BBs while loading them. If they get deformed, it would explain both the report of BB shavings and of shattered BBs.

So I think its probably the mag and the loading process that may be compromising BBs and not the actual firing process.
Old May 20th, 2008, 18:18   #65
mcguyver

A buddy got a PTW the other day, and phoned me all in a panic when he saw a BB shatter on him. I let him try one of my mags with Metal Tech BBs, and the gun ran fine, no breaks. His mags were filthy with dirt, sand, grass, etc.

Once we cleaned one of his mags out, and tried his BBs, breaks were fewer, but still occuring. He was using Madbull 0.25g BBs, and when we tried the Metal Tech in his mag, it ran fine the whole mag.

So, I decided to do a crush test on the Madbull BBs. When I crushed it to an easy stop with the pliers, the Madbull split in 3 or 4 areas, and the BB was deformed to 4.02 mm. The Metal Tech when tested split once only, but deformed to only 5.10 mm. The Madbull made a little "POP" sound when crushed, while the Metal Tech was virtually silent.

I would not recommend Madbull for a PTW, or any other gun with a steel nozzle or chamber.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 18:31   #66
swatt13
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
I may have something to offer on the whole shattered BB thing.

I was loading my PTW using the correct loading rod and I have noticed the first batch of BBs go in okay. The second batch however are a BUGGER - you really have to reef down to get those BBs in - so much so that I think its possible to deform the BBs while loading them. If they get deformed, it would explain both the report of BB shavings and of shattered BBs.

So I think its probably the mag and the loading process that may be compromising BBs and not the actual firing process.
i would definatly agree there, i stopped double loading them due to this worry. i only fill them with on tube full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 18:40   #67
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

I've not tested metal tech brand bbs yet, but I have found that bb bastard brand runs awesome, no chopping in .2, .25 and .28g weights.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 18:44   #68
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Kokanee - do you double or single load?

I used .30 BBs this weekend and when my gun wasn't failing due to moisture, I had no problems.
Old May 20th, 2008, 19:08   #69
jameskersten

Has anyone run any comparison tests of Bastard .28 vs. .30s in a PTW? I am tempted but would like to hear what others have seen? Worth it? I felt a good improvement between .25 and .28's so interestied to hear .28 to .30s

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 14:24   #70
Fox Hound

My PTW is on its journey to failure. The 490 motor sounds like its about to go really soon. Sounds a bit like this "Grrrrrck" on every fire. It fires fine now though.

The PTW is a late 2007 M4a1 with that ball bearing installed at the bottom of the motor. I removed it as soon as i read it on here.

Also i had another problem with my blue cylinder and my FPS was so low, it was firing at 270fps. Thanks to Mcguyver, the problem was the position of that locking mechanism for the cylinder and the top reciever. I had it so i could remove the top cylinder with ease. I suppose it wasn't air tight so it leaked.

if anyone is selling a gold cylinder (used) let me know!

Last edited by Fox Hound; May 29th, 2008 at 18:09..
Fox Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 18:12   #71
Fox Hound

to charge the PTW 1600mah battery, would u recomend the smart charger to charge their batteries?
Old May 29th, 2008, 23:31   #72
mcguyver

If it's rated to charge a 9.6v battery, and can do it such that the pack does not get hot or even warm, then it should be fine.

I use an MRC Superbrain 989 charger, but I also use 12v batteries (1200 and 2400mah) and use the discharge function. My batteries never heat up (as I can control charge and discharge rates with good precision), and even after a year of use, my 1600 mah batteries take 1905 mah on charge each, within a few mah of each other.

But my charger is about $200, the one you posted above is about $40. In the end, what is a better charger for $100 batteries? You have to decide that for yourself. A rule of thumb I follow is your charger should cost the same as 1 battery at least, with cost being an indicator (sadly not always so) of quality.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 23:35   #73
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hound View Post
to charge the PTW 1600mah battery, would u recomend the smart charger to charge their batteries?
I have it, its awesome.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 00:45   #74
jameskersten

I have one as well, it gets the job done fine it seems so far. I only wish it had a display to tell me how much mah I getting into each battery and maybe have a discharge built into it. Right now I have just a TM led discharger that takes like 4 hrs to discharge the battery which sucks on a Friday night getting ready for the Saturday game but again it works so no major complaints

Victoria Area Age Verifier
jameskersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 15:49   #75
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i tried the mag repair and doesnt seem to have done a whole lot, i stretched them more than just a little. but heres my other question, i see there are two springs in there, seeing as i dont double load them, if i took out the first spring and put filler in place of the second spring, this would not only resolve the jamming/ loading issues but would make it a low cap, anyone done this or have any comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion