Pack suggestions

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 30th, 2016, 16:44   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Exclamation Pack suggestions

Hey all,

After attending a recent milsim I have come to realise my condor venture pack isn't going to make the grade.

I am running a daytona m249, and as such need to carry large air tanks as well as gear for the 24+ hour games.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on packs that have metal frames or the like that relieve weight on a players shoulders and back? I would only have a single requirement being that it HAS to be TAN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 17:08   #2
redzaku

5.11 rush 72
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
redzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 17:12   #3
Datawraith

Commercial hiking packs?
Or maybe look at a USMC ILBE?
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 17:24   #4
tdotsofter

Condor 3 day pack, I just got back from LOW And realized I need a pack aswell!
tdotsofter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 18:02   #5
daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdotsofter View Post
Condor 3 day pack, I just got back from LOW And realized I need a pack aswell!
Condor pack do not have any type of hard framing system to distribute the weight. They may be good for standard items like clothing and food, but I also need to carry big ass air tank rigs. My issue isnt the SIZE, its the weight problem.
Quote:
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old May 30th, 2016, 18:13   #6
graff

This looks interesting

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...k10_detail.gif

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...arge-p2638.htm

"Built around a polypropylene frame with a single aluminum stay, these packs are lightweight alternatives to the steel framed rucks of the past."
graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 20:41   #7
Kungpow

The USMC ILBE is a good choice. It is a bit large (Around 70L) and its in multicam, but it is a very nice pack. If your wearing a plate carrier go for the FILBE.

TM Glock 18 "Upgraded"

AGM M4A1 GBBR "Upgraded"

King Arms M4A1 GBBR
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 20:45   #8
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
The USMC ILBE is a good choice. It is a bit large (Around 70L) and its in multicam, but it is a very nice pack. If your wearing a plate carrier go for the FILBE.
I too own an ILBE in MARPAT. Its a very comfortable pack with a lot of neat features (like a frame), is extremely well made and is very affordable. However like others have stated here its a HUGE bag.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 21:09   #9
daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by graff View Post
This looks interesting

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...k10_detail.gif

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...arge-p2638.htm

"Built around a polypropylene frame with a single aluminum stay, these packs are lightweight alternatives to the steel framed rucks of the past."
Those are just to keep the packs back straight. Does absolutely nothing for distributing weight off the shoulders. Condor packs also have a plate in the back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post
I too own an ILBE in MARPAT. Its a very comfortable pack with a lot of neat features (like a frame), is extremely well made and is very affordable. However like others have stated here its a HUGE bag.
I have looked at it but unfortunately it is not TAN and not an acceptable bag for team use. Cant wear anything camo.
Quote:
Old May 30th, 2016, 21:19   #10
Datawraith

The FILBE is in Coyote. Should work for what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
Those are just to keep the packs back straight. Does absolutely nothing for distributing weight off the shoulders. Condor packs also have a plate in the back....

I have looked at it but unfortunately it is not TAN and not an acceptable bag for team use. Cant wear anything camo.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 22:02   #11
BrendanL

Tasmanian Tiger Tactical makes good packs, I use the "combat" pack at work and its held up great the last few exercises...they also make a larger one called the "mission"
BrendanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2016, 07:46   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Yeah, stay away from Condor. Eberlestock, 5.11, etc. Check out DS Tactical, they have a huge amount of great backpacks.
Old June 1st, 2016, 14:42   #13
WPJ

Heu is Coyote ir Tan499 wil work PM me I might have something for you
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2016, 19:10   #14
w1lp33

I have an eberlestock x3 hi speed and love it. It's angled so the weight is pulled up towards your back. It's comfy as hell, and carries weight well. Pack light tho, it's only about 30 liters.
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2016, 21:39   #15
JayGus

Those maxpidition packs do have a suspension system, OP. It rides along the top of the shoulder straps to pull the weight properly. In fact, that is how most packs are designed. Otherwise you would be pulling the weight and distributing it somewhere else. Furthermore, those frames do not just keep the back straight. Many are made just as strong as old steel frames. They also allow the pack to flex and relax as youre moving about. It also provides stability to the entire pack. Might I also add that the hip belt on the pack also makes a huge difference. Softer, more flexible (from just fabric to for reinforced) help from either keeping the pack straight (fabric) or transferrimg a minor amount of weight to your hips (foam). There are plastic, poly, foam and poly reinforcedrced ones too that help even more.

With that being said, look at osprey packs. I have an aether 70 amd have had and used it for 5, going on 6 years this summer. Mines in red but whatever, im sure they make a tan one.

Failing that, eberlestock. Or mysteryranch.
But trust me, fighting in a ruck sucks. Ive done it and hate it. For a daytonagun, find a better olace for your tank than in a ruck. So you can drop your ruck at a spawn or ditch it in a fight.

My last piece of advise is dont buy online. Find a place where you can go to try the packs. What looks good in theory may not work foy your bodys frame size, physical size and even shape and gender.

Last edited by JayGus; June 2nd, 2016 at 21:49..
JayGus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion