Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares Amoeba AM-013 "No Compression"

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 6th, 2016, 09:59   #1
jordan.santos1515

Thumbs down Ares Amoeba AM-013 "No Compression"

Hello, looking to get some advice on my no compression issue after doing some further research I noticed I have zero compression in my cylinder so what I did was the 'floss mod' (teflon taped the cylinder head) and after that I noticed I still wasn't getting as much compression as other people on some youtube videos I watched. Please take note I did find some scoring in my cylinder and also a small gouge in piston head close to the teeth. Now should I just replace these parts or since I'm in there just upgrade all the internal compression parts air nozzle, piston head, piston, cylinder, cylinder head etc..? Thanks it advance please take a look at my pictures below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2734.JPG (749.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2733.JPG (699.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2743.JPG (1.29 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2731.JPG (776.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2736.JPG (1.13 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2735.JPG (934.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2738.JPG (1,015.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2728.JPG (846.2 KB, 5 views)
jordan.santos1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 10:23   #2
jordan.santos1515

**After shooting the gun with the teflon tape the gun does not appear to be shooting harder, sounds good though so I presume everything is back together properly. Really won't know till its chronoed**
Old April 6th, 2016, 11:18   #3
Jimski

mount the cylinder and the head together.Block the nozzle and blow into it.If it's sealed, do the same with the nozzle on the cylinder head.If it's still sealed, put the piston inside the cylinder, finger on the nozzle and push.If it goes in, seal is bad aournd the O-ring.It shouldn't be the cylinder unless it's badly damaged, so it means your O-ring sucks.
Two techniques:
warm it up to make it bigger
buy a set of plumbing O-rings, the same size than yours will be thicker and seal better.
Don't forget when the piston moves forward in the gun, the Oring is extended and thus seals better than when you push it manually.

you can fully check a cylinder assembly is properly sealed before mounting it in the mechbox, so really you shouldn't be putting the gun back together without knowing if the cylinder assembly works properly.
In a good assembly you cannot push the piston in the cylinder when the nozzle is sealed with your finger, or it takes some effort.

Last edited by Jimski; April 6th, 2016 at 11:21..
Jimski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 11:47   #4
jordan.santos1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
mount the cylinder and the head together.Block the nozzle and blow into it.If it's sealed, do the same with the nozzle on the cylinder head.If it's still sealed, put the piston inside the cylinder, finger on the nozzle and push.If it goes in, seal is bad aournd the O-ring.It shouldn't be the cylinder unless it's badly damaged, so it means your O-ring sucks.
Two techniques:
warm it up to make it bigger
buy a set of plumbing O-rings, the same size than yours will be thicker and seal better.
Don't forget when the piston moves forward in the gun, the Oring is extended and thus seals better than when you push it manually.

you can fully check a cylinder assembly is properly sealed before mounting it in the mechbox, so really you shouldn't be putting the gun back together without knowing if the cylinder assembly works properly.
In a good assembly you cannot push the piston in the cylinder when the nozzle is sealed with your finger, or it takes some effort.
Jimski Is that ok to do? I saw that trick on youtube where people were heating the O-Ring around the cylinder so thats ok to do? Also yes with and without the nozzle it was easy to push through so maybe its the O-ring??? Also the scratches on my cylinder will it tear my O-ring???
Old April 6th, 2016, 16:51   #5
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Its the orings. Take the one off the piston head, wrap it around the cylinder, and lightly go back and forth around it, with a regular lighter. This will expand it. Let it cool, remove it, and then re-assemble and test your compression.

Make sure the cylinder head oring is well lubed and assemble, as long as it doesnt move around freely inside the cylinder, that one should be fine.

Get a nozzle with an internal oring.

Compression issue resolved, not ideally, but this will allow you to work with your stock parts.
Old April 6th, 2016, 20:54   #6
jordan.santos1515

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade) View Post
Its the orings. Take the one off the piston head, wrap it around the cylinder, and lightly go back and forth around it, with a regular lighter. This will expand it. Let it cool, remove it, and then re-assemble and test your compression.

Make sure the cylinder head oring is well lubed and assemble, as long as it doesnt move around freely inside the cylinder, that one should be fine.

Get a nozzle with an internal oring.

Compression issue resolved, not ideally, but this will allow you to work with your stock parts.
Guess what Renegade!! You were exactly right replaced the nozzle and the o rings proper lube and stretched the o-ring and taaadaaa finally up and running. Going to Ultimate Airsoft Saturday night and ill let you guys know what its chronoing at !!
Old April 10th, 2016, 23:29   #7
jordan.santos1515

Chronoed at 300fps
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner