Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

EMG SAI 2011 Double Stack

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 5th, 2018, 13:04   #1
Showe22

EMG SAI 2011 Double Stack

Ive seen the YouTube reviews on this from evike, red wolf, booligan, and a few others, I’m looking for some opinions from people have used this personally.

I’m thinking about buying something that’s TM-compatible. I’m not interested in building from scratch, just buying something that will have aftermarket parts available when something breaks.

Also, is the trigger as squishy as the Redwolf guy claims? I’m not a big fan of him, or his reviews.
Showe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 13:09   #2
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
OEM is a AW/WE TECH, it's also not 100% marui compatible. It's an excellent collector piece.

Stick with Marui, there's no competition.

Quote:
... just buying something that will have aftermarket parts available when something breaks.

Last edited by BioRage; October 5th, 2018 at 13:12..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 13:50   #3
Showe22

There may not be an equal to Marui, but there’s definitely competition.

I’d buy a Marui, except I don’t want to have to replace plastic parts all the time, and end up spending hundreds more in metal pieces. Not to mention making sure aftermarket parts are compatible with one another. I’ve done g17 builds with Marui and enjoyed them, but it was tedious and expensive.

I’m not overly familiar with teaching on hi capa builds; they seem complicated, not to mention that I don’t know the ins and outs of pairing aftermarket parts from different companies. So that adds another layer onto the “I don’t want to build a gun from scratch” point of view.

If some can teach me, or show me where to learn about building hi capes, I’d happily dive into that
Showe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 18:56   #4
ripanu1

Hey , If Your looking to build a 1911 ,LaZouche Custom airsoft on YouTube is a good place for Tech Videos/advice in detail. He has good videos and I think it would help You out.
Here is the link .
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c...71kpFM73wJYfyQ
Oh and by the way, I currently own 18 or so Custom 1911s and most are WE types.
10 Years in and I'm still Happy
Cheers

Keep Loyal to the game and remember...In battle it is the cowards who run the most risk; bravery is a rampart of defense.
ripanu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2018, 23:51   #5
BobbyDangerous

i have one. it's pretty decent.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2018, 21:01   #6
Guzman69

I have one as well. Love the all metal build and the feel of it. The trigger has a lot of takeup or travel before you hit the sear. Then there is a bit of harder travel where you can feel the sear sliding on the hammer hooks. When it does break, it is very crisp, but that "squishy" part of the travel is not great. I will get around to doing a trigger job when I get time. That will probably mean that I will change the hammer and sear for stainless ones and tune it from there.
I also plan on putting an adjustable trigger ring from Airsoft Masterpiece on it. That way I can tune out the slack travel or takeup. The flat face trigger feels great, but does have some vertical play, not sure how to get rid of that yet.

I removed the SAI outer barrel and installed a Nine Ball outer barrel, PDI inner and Maple Leaf hop up. Love the looks with this outer barrel and it saves the SAI one from scratching. Would love to find a compensator for it but that is proving difficult.

I also suspect that I will replace the slide stop at some point too, the plunger is already making a mark on it.

Cheers
Guz

Last edited by Guzman69; October 7th, 2018 at 21:02.. Reason: typo
Guzman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion