Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Imperial Engravers Review

:

Reviews

Old November 14th, 2012, 18:38   #31
Danke

Maybe they're his phone number and he doesn't want you guys coming onto him.
Old November 14th, 2012, 19:09   #32
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
The last three numbers on his serial are probably the same as the others as well, and he thought that things might get awkward.
You cant see me serials though....
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 19:13   #33
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
The last three numbers on his serial are probably the same as the others as well, and he thought that things might get awkward.
Well ARC-74 has 421 as a Star Wars reference, I have 421 as a personal reference, so that was pure coincidence. Most likely just being safe...
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 19:43   #34
Gotrice23

Fast service, quick replies to questions and I got my WE HK416 in two business days of shipping it. Definitely recommended!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1746.JPG (110.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1747.JPG (135.6 KB, 63 views)
Gotrice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 16:47   #35
dixon316

Another happy customer. Dave is the best. Great communication and faster service. I wanted some custom stuff done on my HK416 and he was happy to help. A++++
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic1.JPG (56.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg pic2.JPG (62.5 KB, 40 views)
dixon316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:28   #36
Creoden

Looks like they do a great job, I'll have to contact them to get a couple lowers done...

One question that was asked, but I don't see an answer, for the people who got their lowers powder coated, does it look off from the upper now? and if so would it make more sense to get the upper and lower both powder coated, or stick to just spray painting it flat black?
Creoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:02   #37
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creoden View Post
Looks like they do a great job, I'll have to contact them to get a couple lowers done...

One question that was asked, but I don't see an answer, for the people who got their lowers powder coated, does it look off from the upper now? and if so would it make more sense to get the upper and lower both powder coated, or stick to just spray painting it flat black?
First thought: Holy shit it's late, I should really not leave packing to the last minute.

Second thought: That powder is insanely tough. I'm coming up on 9 months, and there's been only three areas of wear, everything else is as black as the day it came from the shop. It's worn only on the inner lip of the magazine well, from my finger indexing along the trigger repeatedly, and in the last case, because I missed a hit with pin punch installing the bolt release. Luckily it was a small nick that was in a hard to notice place, and after some Aluminum Blackener you can't even tell it was there.

Third thought: Mismatched receivers tend to be common on the AR-15 family. I got both of my receivers done in powdercoat (Be damn sure to specify either a thin coat or no coating on the inside, or you will have cycling problems for months.) It looked perfect with the two matched up. I ended up installing an RS Upper Receiver which was off. Didn't bother me too much, I ended up painting it with engine paint not because of the finish, but because I had put in a gouge with a dremel by mistake when converting the receiver over... sanded and painted it. Looks a lot closer to the lower now, but not necessary.

An example of mismatched receivers: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...f=123&t=519782
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:06   #38
Creoden

@Green Synergy

Thanks for the info! also, where did you manage to find a RS upper? been looking for a southpaw one for mine.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 22:41   #39
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I went through the fine folks at CTC supplies. I don't know if your search for a Southpaw upper will produce any results... they all seem to be your standard flattop receivers everywhere I looked.
Old May 3rd, 2013, 22:48   #40
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

Just sent a spankin' new G&P WOC lower to Dave.........ooooOooOooOooo!
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 19:21   #41
Creoden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
Just sent a spankin' new G&P WOC lower to Dave.........ooooOooOooOooo!
make sure you post pics when you get it back!

I'm just in the process of stripping my lower down then dropping it off hopefully this week, if not next.
Old May 6th, 2013, 22:26   #42
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creoden View Post
make sure you post pics when you get it back!

I'm just in the process of stripping my lower down then dropping it off hopefully this week, if not next.
You know he can sandblast it right?
Old May 6th, 2013, 22:28   #43
Creoden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
You know he can sandblast it right?
Yea, i mean removing the internals, and trigger guard, and also removing the parts on the upper to get it sand blasted and powder coated as the upper already has some scratches to the aluminum on it...
Old May 6th, 2013, 23:01   #44
The Chad
formerly LoveMyStubby

When it gets back and everything is all together.....diapers will be required to view my thread.
If you were trying to insert a magazine into another magazine then I guess that would be indeed ghey. Inserting a magazine in a magwell seems rather hetero to me. The tape is merely metro, calling it ghey is rather absurd and makes it hard for the metro magazines to socialize with other magazines.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 00:44   #45
Creoden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
When it gets back and everything is all together.....diapers will be required to view my thread.
Uh Oh...
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews