Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM Glock 17 BB Jammed Inside

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 28th, 2015, 21:14   #1
myles0105

TM Glock 17 BB Jammed Inside

Hello,

Came here looking for some help. I just let several friends use my brand new (2 days old) Tokyo Marui Glock 17. There is now a BB jammed in-between the gas nozzle and the side of the slide, the slide will no longer slide forwards more than 5mm. This was caused by cocking the gun when it already had a BB in the chamber, the slide slid forwards before the BB could exit the gun, thus trapping it. I apologize for not knowing the correct terminology, this is my first airsoft gun. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to open up the gun without sliding off the slide? Everything is stock, no modifications. I'm hoping there is an easy fix to this, very upsetting to have your $300 airsoft gun not working after only two days.

Thanks.
myles0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 22:46   #2
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
You're going to have to hit it really hard, really carefully. Put a book over the end of the gun and smack it forward with something heavy.

That or if you can reach the bb, try and shatter it by smacking a tiny electrical screwdriver into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 23:01   #3
Danke

No, you're going to stop and find someone near you in this subform.

Then you will pay that person to fix it for you.

Then you're not going to let your friends play with anything unless it's made by Fisher Price.
Old August 28th, 2015, 23:55   #4
myles0105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Then you're not going to let your friends play with anything unless it's made by Fisher Price.
I'm not sure I have the money for that... The BB is now out, yet the slide is still jammed. Any suggestions?
Old August 28th, 2015, 23:56   #5
myles0105

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
You're going to have to hit it really hard, really carefully. Put a book over the end of the gun and smack it forward with something heavy.

That or if you can reach the bb, try and shatter it by smacking a tiny electrical screwdriver into it.
Thanks, I got the BB out by wedging it with a tiny screw driver until it popped out, the slide is still jammed however.
Old August 29th, 2015, 02:33   #6
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by myles0105 View Post
Thanks, I got the BB out by wedging it with a tiny screw driver until it popped out, the slide is still jammed however.
Release the slide lock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Thanks, this is my new signature from now on.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 10:11   #7
myles0105

Pics of the gun, can anyone see anything wrong with it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (8.7 KB, 23 views)
Old August 29th, 2015, 10:12   #8
myles0105

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Release the slide lock?

Thanks, this is my new signature from now on.
I may be new to airsoft, but I know the basics, and i've taken the gun apart several times so I know vaguely where everything is and how it works.
Old August 29th, 2015, 11:10   #9
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
We cant really see anything from that tiny picture, plus you only took one, and only of the lower frame, and not the slide itself.

Have you checked to see if your return springs are seated properly? Have you disassembled everything in the slide and put it back together to see if it moves correctly? Have you finger fucked the slide release (the metal bar in the middle of the frame to release the slide from the body for dis-assembly) ect ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; August 29th, 2015 at 11:12..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 11:37   #10
myles0105

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishi View Post
We cant really see anything from that tiny picture, plus you only took one, and only of the lower frame, and not the slide itself.

Have you checked to see if your return springs are seated properly? Have you disassembled everything in the slide and put it back together to see if it moves correctly? Have you finger fucked the slide release (the metal bar in the middle of the frame to release the slide from the body for dis-assembly) ect ect
All of that is done. Still not working. As of now, it will fire one shot, then the slide gets stuck back instead of putting another BB in the chamber. The trigger bar appears to be the problem, as the slide gets stuck on it. One the slide is pulled back, to return it to its original position I have to stick a small screwdriver in there to push the trigger bar down, thus releasing the slide. I'm sorry about the pictures, I did actually attach 4 pictures, yet only one uploaded I suppose? Im on mobile, perhaps that's it.
Old August 29th, 2015, 11:41   #11
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Where are you?
...........and your friends are dicks, you're kind of goofy for letting them fk it up with out proper instruction on how to function the G17 too.
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2015, 11:44   #12
myles0105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Where are you?
...........and your friends are dicks, you're kind of goofy for letting them fk it up with out proper instruction on how to function the G17 too.
Caledon, Brampton area in Ontario. They all have their own airsoft guns, so I presumed they'd know what they were doing. I did give them instruction, yet they didn't really listen. But yes, from now on I will be the only one to handle it.

Last edited by myles0105; August 29th, 2015 at 11:46.. Reason: Correction
Old August 29th, 2015, 13:29   #13
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

I have an excellent gun tech and he can fix it. Probably run you $20 unless you need parts, then a bit more.
Old August 29th, 2015, 13:47   #14
myles0105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
I have an excellent gun tech and he can fix it. Probably run you $20 unless you need parts, then a bit more.
Thanks very much for the suggestion, just outside an airsoft store right now so i'll get it done in here. If anything happens to it in the future, I'll be sure to come to you so I can get in touch with this gun tech.
Old August 29th, 2015, 13:50   #15
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Mach 1?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner