Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anti-Sniper role ?

:

General

Old April 2nd, 2006, 00:55   #46
^Hyperion^

Goldman , you da man ! You got it right , that's exactly what I meant.

^Hyperion^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:00   #47
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Hype keep in mind if your playing the role of a dedicated CS at a Milsim game, you might be expected to be stalking for hours or use a ghille. It all depends on the situation.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:03   #48
^Hyperion^

I thought about that and that's what I actually don't want ( laying for hours in a Ghillie )

I also talked with other members and they really do say sniping isn't what we all imagine so I guess i'll stick with the assault/tactical role.

Not that I dont like this role , I just like to be special and I also like to stay back and fire from longer distance sometimes... I guess a good accurate AEG would do the job...

Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:06   #49
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Hype, notice I said Stalking, not laying for hours. Just slow painful movement as you follow or track a sniper team. Also, you can kit out to be a CS or a Tac Marksman, but that dosen't have to be the role you play at every game. Kit wise its only a 400 FPS AEG with some sort of Optics (this isn't even necesary), so really your options are limitless.

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:12   #50
^Hyperion^

yeah , I agree. a upgraded and accurate AEG will definately make it....way more versatile like that.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 01:26   #51
Dozer_01

Well, i for one would not want to be a 1 man 'team' trekking through the bush looking for a sniper. Would this be conducted via recce op? You would (may) loose more people, but you may beable to get coordinates as to where the enemy is.

Would a sniper counter team deploy a sniper of their own prior to sending out a party? A sniper would choose a spot which would best give him/her the largest view of the battlefield- or the best FOV- correct?

I will think this over overnight...this whole anti-sniper idea really interests me!
Old April 2nd, 2006, 07:48   #52
Hades

Send a message via MSN to Hades
Interestring thread. This is somthing I would love to get more into seeing I am upgrading my M-14 this week as well as possibly getting an upgraded APS2 very soon. Maybe it could be somewhat included somewhat in the next sniper clinic. Speaking of which..any plans in the making for one anytime soon?
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 07:56   #53
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I think a lot of sniping tactics will be tester in the Sniper Hunt game this summer. 20 snipers and spotter against about 80 or more people... We'll see what work and what don't. On a large scale!

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:11   #54
^Hyperion^

That event will definately be a must-play. All I hope is to be fully equipped to play in this event , it will be AWESOME !

Old April 2nd, 2006, 16:50   #55
Snake Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman
Being a dedicated CS dosen't mean you only hunt snipers. As I understand it a CS can still be a line rifleman, however the have the skills and kit to be deployed against a sniper, should one appear.

In Airsoft it's mostly just someone with a hopped up AEG and a good eye. Being a CS dosen't prevent you from doing other things... except maybe CQB since its likely a CS Rifle will be far too hot for close engagements.
thats why u carry a sidearm. mine being 2 actually, glock 18c for wen i gotta get the heck outta dodge n my socom mk23 wen i gotta be a sneaky S.O.B.
but i agree.

B.A. Level 3 Cert.
Close to becoming a full on WEtard.
Your honour is your life, let none dispute it.
Sow the seeds of damnation, and I shall reap the souls of the tainted!
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2006, 19:32   #56
ca406079

I started with a CA M15A4 CQB.

It been a great gun for me so far and has gotten me into arosoft in a big way. I have always been a big fascination with counter-snipers and designated marksman. Lots of material and tactics on that from the old Soviet Union; thier snipers were part of the squad and were used to extend the squads reange, rather than lone wofl teams as the US.

I recently recieved a good deal on a full auto TM Glock18C AEP, giving me a nice backup, and this got me thinking about what kind of AEG would make a really good platform for a squad's counter-sniper/designated marksmen.

Would love to hear suggestions; my idea would be:

CAM15A4 Full Rifle (510mm)
Tightbore
slightly upgraded spring approx 375-400 fps
elcon sight (or similiar that has 1-4x magnification adjust)
ca406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2006, 14:02   #57
CanKam

Send a message via MSN to CanKam
Thanks to the discovery channel & History, I've analysed sniping and counter-sniping through out history.

Now a days counter-sniping is not a one man job, it's actually a system of grids using multiple groups to pinpoint a snipers location. Using RoS of multiple units we get depth, height and V/H positioning. True counter-sniping evolved during the Vietnam war (although World war 2 Russia was quite remarkable). Several technical elaborations were shown on the show: They compared tunnel rats with snipers by stating that getting on top of an enemy is qualified as a highly risky endavor. "Better to fight for on top of a hill and then be the one caught getting up it". For counter-snipers however, shooting from below offers a unique advantage: "The blind spot" (notice that when using a scope, or plainly aiming through an iron sight, the field of vision is narrowed down. Hence the aspect of elevation and distance, but not of what might lie under your gun frame in the distance.). It was said earlier that you need sniping experience to counter. Of course, who else can track a sniper if not a sniper.

Saint talked about video games as a tool to help practice sniping skills. Maybe not technically, but practicing those eyes to spot, to calculate movement and to fire on a moments notice might be usefull. It could also help with control, thus cutting back on those "What's mercy?" hits.

To efficiently track and eliminate a sniper we need to think about a cavalry charge. Speed, Agility aswell as Logistical Control (communication in our case) would be the best way to take down snipers.

Snipers I suggest you take on a spotter with you if you want to counter snipe aswell.
If you want to learn about sniping or countering ( Not meaning that practice is not the best way to learn), check out Youtube.com. It's one heck of a great ressource depot

-War/History buff-
CanKam is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General