Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Cyma ak

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 27th, 2015, 23:37   #1
Estrela

Cyma ak

Are CYMA ak's good to go for the money out the box? Do i need to upgrade the battery and charger that come with it or any internals?

Is the ak47 shorter than the ak74 and what is difference in terms of airsoft rifles.

still waiting on AV or i would be between a used and a cyma likely. I held the real sword and felt small. It was also very heavy. The lct isnt bad but i would have to get new battery and charger so yeah!

I found some reviews on cyma but not many good ones. I cant seem to find the search button in the reviews section. Does it exist?

Thanks for your help.
Estrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2015, 13:54   #2
paulwes83

If you're buying a CYMA AK, make sure it's a CM042 or above. The reason I say this is that CYMAs used to be built with junk zinc metal bodies that would break WAY TOO easily. They were good internally, but if you were too rough with it or even just dropped it from high enough, the body would break.

The CYMA +CM042 models are solid builds and will feel a bit bigger than the Real Sword you held because they are slightly oversized from the real steel. Real Sword AEGs are 1:1 with their real steel counterpart. CYMAs shouldn't be as heavy as the LCT either, so they might be a nice balance for you. You can use the stock battery they come with, but I would highly recommend using a more reputable battery and charger. Often times, airsoft guns that come with batteries, even the higher end brands, come with junk batteries and chargers. It's a cost saving measure for them because they sell these "complete" packages, but they always cut costs on the batteries.

Internally, you won't find a better stock gun than a newer CYMA for the price point. Their gearboxes are almost bullet proof and will only give you trouble if you're unlucky enough to get a lemon or if you hook up a monsterous battery and just make it self destruct. Sometimes, you get a lemon with a CYMA, but most Canadian retailers will check out their stock to make sure they don't sell a dud. And if they do, most will give you a full refund anyways or a full replacement.

Since you're just starting out, CYMAs are an awesome bet.

In response to your other question, an AK-47 style AEG will be slightly smaller than the AK-74 because it doesn't have the huge muzzle break on the end. The only real difference between them is style and length, as internally they both use an AK style type 3 gearbox and hop up and a 455mm inner barrel. Some of the AK-74s will come with a longer 469mm inner barrel because the longer muzzle break can hide a longer barrel, but usually they are identical to an AK-47 style AEG. The slightly longer inner barrel might equate to a marginally better shot, but a properly tuned 455mm inner barrel set up can perform equally as well as a 469mm inner barrel set up. You might see a difference by a few FPS, but properly tuned, both should give you the same size groupings.

Last edited by paulwes83; September 28th, 2015 at 13:58..
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2015, 14:03   #3
Estrela

Thanks for the detailed response paul! I appreciate it.
Estrela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2015, 14:17   #4
paulwes83

Forgot to mention too, that when you're talking CYMA AKs, then you need to be aware that there are 2 design types, "Tokyo Marui" style and "VFC" style.

Tokyo Marui style is the older design pioneered by Tokyo Marui that basically holds the front assembly together with the body by 4 screws that are screwed into the bottom of the body.

VFC style is more in line with real steel AK construction and holds everything together using pins and set screws.

The CYMA CM042 and 046 both use Tokyo Marui style while the CM048 uses VFC style.

Some would argue VFC is better than TM, but the big difference is that TM style AKs tend to have less steel components, which usually leads to more frequent breaking of parts because they would instead be built using a zinc alloy or aluminum alloy. The design is not flawed or any better or worse than the VFC style in essence, but the quality of the materials is sometimes not as good.

On the plus side though, the external upgrade and accessory parts for TM style are pretty well universal with all TM style builds. External upgrades for VFC style builds are often proprietary and might require some fitting with files or a dremel if it's not designed specifically for that brand. VFC style however, can more easily accept real steel external parts.

Last edited by paulwes83; September 28th, 2015 at 14:37..
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2015, 15:02   #5
-Shade

As an addition to the above - the CM.040 series is VFC cloned and are VERY solid guns. I believe they're of stamped steel construction too. AK-74 style - polymer instead of wood and railed versions too like the CM.040I and CM.040J.
-Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2015, 17:21   #6
Juke16

Unless you want an AK105, go with a CM048 series AKM or AK74. They've got steel recievers and real wood furniture. You want an AK105, try to track down a Dboys RK06S model. I suggest you go find more information on Red Alliance instead as they have quite a considerable trove of posts on Dboys and CYMA AKs.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2015, 17:20   #7
BobbyDangerous

I have the Cyma AKS 74 UN and it's a beast. Obviously changes the stock and threw a new stock on. I shoot .28's in it dead straight stock internals. Swapped it for deans. Run Lipo. I like it. A bit of a pain to remove the front end but I like it.

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank