C9A1 project - almost there

:

Canadian

Old September 20th, 2011, 15:47   #1
Upnorth

C9A1 project - almost there

Hello !

My latest custom, the canadian minimi, aka the C9A1

The base is the M249 A&K mod 1, that is with european furnitures, skeleton stock, fixed barrel handle et top cover without rail

My first task was to take the beast totally apart to spot the rust on the steel parts (A&K quality being what it is...)

I kept nothing from the stock gearbox except the shell and the tapet plate. You need to reuse that tappet plate since it is shaped to give clearance to the nozzle. A standard M4 nozzle can then be used. If you wish to change the tappet plate, then you'll need a delayer on the gear to give sufficient rear movement to the nozzle when loading BBs.

Once degreased, the gearbox has been painted gloss deep blue. Totally unecessary, therefore mandatory...

I did not keep the A&K internals since:
1) gears were crooked
2) cylinder, cylinder head & nozzle are Bore-up and shitty
3) piston body and piston head were plastic with no compression
4) microswitch isn't the best around

I did some shopping

1) fast G&P motor

2) SHS gears (these are gorgeous and affordables)

3) Pneumatic set from Army Action (the best parts i ever used) and the piston body Deepfire with full metal teeth

4) Selfmade wiring with Mosfet (active breaking) and top quality Swiss made microswitch

The idea behind the set is to give a decent RoF without having parts breaking under stress

All parts are assembled then it is time to make the C9A1

First task was to create the rail with the tombstone backup sight :

Then rework the gas block by
1) creating the parts housed inside the block
2) repaint the block to create the illusion of the anodised grey found on the RS

Then the C9A1 does not have the US style take down pin. I created a new pin and lock then parkerized the pin :

I created a battery compartiment in the ammobox. A cut out in the feed ramp allows the mains to enter discretly the gun. The dean connectors fits nicely in front of the gearbox.

Other improvments are

1) painting the fireselector's red ring

2) buying the steel parts set from Classic Army and the Classic Army Hop-up block

Here's the final result with the Elcan sight and the deactivated 5.56mm rounds

Is it ready ?

Not totally. Missing still are :

1) C9 sling
2) C9 front sight (eared)
3) C9 skeleton stock handle
4) US style outer barrel with M4 flash hider (ordered)

If anyone knows a source for the RS sling, sight and handle, please PM me !

Thanks !

Vincent

Last edited by Upnorth; September 21st, 2011 at 07:20..
Upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 17:41   #2
-Skeletor-
that looks awesome

For slings, are you looking for the issue C9 sling or does it matter? If you want a accurate CF look, a privately purchased sling is acceptable/used by CF members. My brother was a C9 gunner for awhile, I can ask him which sling he used.
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:21   #3
Upnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
that looks awesome

For slings, are you looking for the issue C9 sling or does it matter? If you want a accurate CF look, a privately purchased sling is acceptable/used by CF members. My brother was a C9 gunner for awhile, I can ask him which sling he used.
Hi

The C9 issue sling, issue handle and the front sight would be awesome. Not sure if these can be found however ?

Best

Vincent
Old September 21st, 2011, 07:53   #4
-Skeletor-
The issue C9 sling I'm sure would be in some surplus stores and ebay. The actual C9 weapon parts(handle and sight) I don't see being available as all of them would/should be at the different units/bases across Canada and overseas, not up for sale online. The handle you already have looks like the one on a C9. The front site you may need to get that made yourself, or just use the one you already have. Same goes for the vert grip on the butt, but those aren't even that common on C9s as a lot of guys removed them and they ended up on the handguards of C7/C8 rifles.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; September 21st, 2011 at 07:58..
Old September 22nd, 2011, 15:23   #5
FoxhoundNB

Looks awesome

He's referring to the vertical grip on the stock;

those pop up in the classifieds from time to time, keep an eye out. For what it's worth, most of them get stolen in real life so you'll seldom actually see them on the guns (doesn't ruin the authenticity)

Same deal with the slings, we're not even issued them anymore.

Looks great though. I'd really like to see someone try a C9A2 though... I think it's a stupid design in real life, but it does look sexy.
FoxhoundNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:29   #6
Upnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxhoundNB View Post
Looks awesome

He's referring to the vertical grip on the stock;

those pop up in the classifieds from time to time, keep an eye out. For what it's worth, most of them get stolen in real life so you'll seldom actually see them on the guns (doesn't ruin the authenticity)

Same deal with the slings, we're not even issued them anymore.

Looks great though. I'd really like to see someone try a C9A2 though... I think it's a stupid design in real life, but it does look sexy.
Hi

As a foreigner, i don't have access to the classifieds so that ruin my chances to catch that buttstock grip. If anyone has one to sell, PM me !

The C9a2 is next to impossible to make at the moment I think. The hardest part being the folding stock and the front rails.

By the way, if anyone has a Diemaco green textured buttstock for the C7a2 to sell, please contact me !

Best

Vincent
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:39   #7
jakster

Not to sure if this will help but here is my rebuild project of a TOP M249 to a C9A1
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=71821
Also I have some spare parts that might work for you
Let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you
Thanks
Jakster
jakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:44   #8
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

No promises, but I MAY be able to hook you up with a sling or that rear handle. I'll PM you if I can

EDIT: Handle wise, the carry handle is correct, I think he means the one we stick on the stock. As for the sight, I highly doubt you can get one, I'll look into it but doubt I can get you one.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified

Last edited by Gato; September 23rd, 2011 at 10:48..
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:25   #9
Upnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
No promises, but I MAY be able to hook you up with a sling or that rear handle. I'll PM you if I can

EDIT: Handle wise, the carry handle is correct, I think he means the one we stick on the stock. As for the sight, I highly doubt you can get one, I'll look into it but doubt I can get you one.
Thanks for trying in any case !

Yes, that's the stock handle that I'm referring to...

Best

Vincent
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian