Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC (UMAREX) MP5 GBBR Owners Thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 10th, 2016, 21:24   #436
brock0

Has anyone done the VSR mod on the K? If so, how were the results and can you recommend a barrel?
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 00:22   #437
MAGKiller

Wow, nice guns!
MAGKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 17:59   #438
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock0 View Post
Has anyone done the VSR mod on the K? If so, how were the results and can you recommend a barrel?
The K is the same as the regular MP5 except shorter. All you need to do is follow the same steps and cut down the barrel and crown it. I used a miracle barrel but you can use any other barrel as long as it has the GBB style slats that hold the barrel in place.
Old October 16th, 2016, 00:24   #439
adeng

adeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 16:04   #440
NAAZ
One of those username tags...

can anyone tell me the gen/model of the VFC MP5K that I have? it does not have a serial on the top, and on one side of the magwell it says "kal" instead of "cal", and blank on the other side.

Last edited by NAAZ; November 15th, 2016 at 16:16..
NAAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2016, 17:49   #441
adeng

my mp5k has all the markings. have you tried stripping the gun? there is also a serial number inside (upper receiver)
Old November 16th, 2016, 00:25   #442
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAZ View Post
can anyone tell me the gen/model of the VFC MP5K that I have? it does not have a serial on the top, and on one side of the magwell it says "kal" instead of "cal", and blank on the other side.

This is a newest gen with no markings on it. You might have got the America version, where VFC makes a batch that is shipped directly to US retailers so they don't get caught with infringing on US Trademark Laws. Right now SOME airsoft guns with full trades won't make it to US unless they have been specially granted admissibility with trades. Otherwise, most VFC stuff from US is missing the full trades.

If you want the full trades you need to buy it directly from Asia.

Last edited by Sequential; November 16th, 2016 at 00:30..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:14   #443
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequential View Post
This is a newest gen with no markings on it. You might have got the America version, where VFC makes a batch that is shipped directly to US retailers so they don't get caught with infringing on US Trademark Laws. Right now SOME airsoft guns with full trades won't make it to US unless they have been specially granted admissibility with trades. Otherwise, most VFC stuff from US is missing the full trades.

VFC does that all the time; their AEG SCAR was a good example. That was back when some CDN retailers would buy in the USA and resell in Canada, you could tell who by if their guns had the trades or not.

He got it from Airsoft GI and maybe they're just sending no-trades to North America now. I've bought from them in the past though and had stuff come that was fully marked.
Old November 16th, 2016, 11:56   #444
adeng

Quote:

AFAIK its a licensed trademark. i don't know the reason why they have to make a US version.
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:03   #445
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
VFC does that all the time; their AEG SCAR was a good example. That was back when some CDN retailers would buy in the USA and resell in Canada, you could tell who by if their guns had the trades or not.

He got it from Airsoft GI and maybe they're just sending no-trades to North America now. I've bought from them in the past though and had stuff come that was fully marked.
I'm gettng my stuff from proactstore.com from now on. Seems like no one knows about the place but it's a TW based retailer that deals with manufacturers like VFC very closely. I contacted them and they can get me an upper for around $100 cad. I'm vouching for this store because most items are cheap and they communicate with VFC which is also based in TW.

Their price for VFC mp5k? 293 usd. Ehobbyasia or even redwolf equivalent would run for about 400 usd. My guess for its cheap prices is that they don't have to ship to HK for sales so they skip the other bs fees.

As for the trademark issue, I read that HongKong is tightening its regs on tms, while Taiwan can still sell products with trades.

Quote:

btw I did order the MP5K from Asia. probably an HK retailer which I mentioned above has some sort of copyright issue currently.

Last edited by NAAZ; November 16th, 2016 at 12:34..
Old November 16th, 2016, 12:49   #446
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:

Their price for VFC mp5k? 293 usd. Ehobbyasia or even redwolf equivalent would run for about 400 usd. .
That's your answer.

$293 USD for a non-trademark body, $400 USD for a licensed body sounds about right.

You pay more for trademarks, look at the VFC AEG's, anything H&K is immediately double the VR16 lineups.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2016, 13:01   #447
NAAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
That's your answer.

$293 USD for a non-trademark body, $400 USD for a licensed body sounds about right.

You pay more for trademarks, look at the VFC AEG's, anything H&K is immediately double the VR16 lineups.
well from proactstore, all of their items are 10% cheaper than HK based retailers if not more. this retailer carries ALL of VFC's products including aftermarket parts that are made by VFC. most other stores would have to custom order aftermarket parts from VFC and are not in the online catalogue.

the MP5K that I got was from airsoftglobal (based in HK). the base price was $320 USD. that price was what convinced me to buy the gun with added FPS mod to shoot over 366 FPS. I should have known the reason it was that cheap though was quite possibly due to the lack of trades.

Last edited by NAAZ; November 16th, 2016 at 13:08..
Old November 17th, 2016, 18:52   #448
turok_t

turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 12:26   #449
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
That's your answer.

+1 its true. The full trades MP5's cost a lot more. If I remember correctly the MP5K + trades and mods to allow admissibility into Canada ran at least $500USD.

Quote:
I'm gettng my stuff from proactstore.com from now on. Seems like no one knows about the place but it's a TW based retailer that deals with manufacturers like VFC very closely. I contacted them and they can get me an upper for around $100 cad. I'm vouching for this store because most items are cheap and they communicate with VFC which is also based in TW.
I know a staff at VFC directly and I can get any parts I want from them via Paypal. The problem is, getting a receiver into Canada that might possibly get seized. As the MP5 receiver mimics the real thing in steel and dimensions.

Last edited by Sequential; November 19th, 2016 at 12:28..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2016, 11:59   #450
adeng

hey folks, check out VFC's website. they added MP5A5 with 3-round burst trigger group on the list!

http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/newproduct...icensed%20GBBR
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion