Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE Open Bolt M4 Semi fire issue with RA-Tech CNC Steel hammer & Sear

:

Doctor's Corner

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2016, 10:49   #1
TJX
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mississauga
WE Open Bolt M4 Semi fire issue with RA-Tech CNC Steel hammer & Sear

After replacing my stock hammer and steel with RA-Tech CNC steel versions, my semi-auto only fires once and when I pull the trigger again, does not fire. Only when I rack the bolt back can it fire once more. Full auto works just fine. I'm also using a RA-Tech CNC steel bolt carrier.

I installed these on both the OEM trigger box and the RA-Tech Steel trigger box. Same results.

Last edited by TJX; July 6th, 2016 at 10:59..
TJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 16:30   #2
N_Force
 
N_Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Mostly ratech those parts off spec.
I had problem with ratech ak trigger set and had to file down slmaost 1-2 mm to fix the whole set.
__________________
aka Uncle

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 20:07   #3
Kos-Mos
 
Kos-Mos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: LĂ©vis (QC)
Every RAtech trigger I ever installed needed some work/fitting.
Take your time, look for what can be wrong.
It most likely does not reset when you release the trigger.
That is caused by the "hook" at the rear of the hammer/trigger to be a tiny bit too long.
Be careful, remove too much and your sears will slip and you will only get fullauto/drag fire.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Damnit, don't make me add "no discussing temporal paradoxes" to the rules or I'll go back in time and ban you last week.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 20:46   #4
daishi
 
daishi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Send a message via MSN to daishi
I dont know why anyone replaces anything with RA-Tech anymore.

Run your gun till something breaks...then replace it with stock parts. They run for quite awhile now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Is he a spambot or is he a francophone? I really can't tell the difference sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2016, 22:06   #5
pestobanana
Squid Porn Superstar, I love the tentacles!
 
pestobanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Richmond Hill and Waterloo, Ontario
Gotta love how airsoft companies can afford to buy expensive CNC machines but are too inept to take proper measurements. RA-Tech is bad for this, even worse is anything from the Czech Rep.
pestobanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 09:59   #6
TJX
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mississauga
Thx for all the advice guys I was able to get my trigger working last night by using the sear from my steel trigger set with the new CNC steel hammer and installing both in the OEM trigger box. I'm also using the OEM trigger. The reason I bought the new CNC parts in the first place was because the hammer from my steel trigger box was worn out and causing my semi auto to burst fire. Just thought I might as well get a new sear as well.

I'll still attempt to get new CNC sear to work with the CNC hammer when I have the time to do some filing/modifications. Right now, i'm just happy to have my semi auto functioning.

Last edited by TJX; July 7th, 2016 at 10:04..
TJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 11:53   #7
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Whatever u do, don't mix ratech steel parts with the original WE/oem pot metal parts given the materials are different causing premature wear. If you using ratech hammer and sear, do not use the WE trigger since it's the front end of the trigger that actually engages the hammer. Feel free to refer back to my guide here:

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132679
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:34   #8
TJX
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mississauga
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Whatever u do, don't mix ratech steel parts with the original WE/oem pot metal parts given the materials are different causing premature wear. If you using ratech hammer and sear, do not use the WE trigger since it's the front end of the trigger that actually engages the hammer. Feel free to refer back to my guide here:

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=132679
I tried that also using the Steel Trigger box - kept all the original RA-TECH Steel trigger parts intact (steel sear inside steel trigger), only replacing the steel hammer with the New CNC Steel Hammer. This resulted in semi auto firing once and then firing in burst AFTER I let go of the trigger. When I transferred the steel sear to the OEM trigger and trigger box along with the CNC Hammer, semi auto works just fine.

So I don't know if it's just the Steel trigger or the Steel box itself that doesn't work well with CNC Hammer. I'll try installing the steel sear to the steel trigger and put both inside the OEM box and see what happens.

Perhaps I might have to get the RA-TECH CNC Steel trigger as well?

Last edited by TJX; July 7th, 2016 at 12:44..
TJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 15:09   #9
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So first thing is to get the terminology right. The actual part that releases the hammer is called the sear. The sear is actually part of the hammer and it is located at the front. The sear is a corner that mates With a notch in the hammer. The other piece you are referring to that sits in the trigger is called the disconnecter. The disconnecter actually grabs onto the hammer first before it is caught by the sear in semi. In full auto, the disconnect is disengaged.

Regardless if the trigger box is stock or ratech it's the same so swapping trigger boxes isn't going to do anything. The issue is the engagement between the ratech hammer and ratech disconnector. This is a hook design vs the stock counterparts which is a notch design.. You can't mix and match between ratech and we for this reason because they were designed to work together. Don't use the stock we trigger as it will be worn out by the rate has steel parts

If u give it to me, I can troubleshoot it for u

Last edited by turok_t; July 7th, 2016 at 16:05..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 09:01   #10
e-luder
 
e-luder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centre Mass
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
So first thing is to get the terminology right. The actual part that releases the hammer is called the sear. The sear is actually part of the hammer and it is located at the front. The sear is a corner that mates With a notch in the hammer. The other piece you are referring to that sits in the trigger is called the disconnecter. The disconnecter actually grabs onto the hammer first before it is caught by the sear in semi. In full auto, the disconnect is disengaged.

Regardless if the trigger box is stock or ratech it's the same so swapping trigger boxes isn't going to do anything. The issue is the engagement between the ratech hammer and ratech disconnector. This is a hook design vs the stock counterparts which is a notch design.. You can't mix and match between ratech and we for this reason because they were designed to work together. Don't use the stock we trigger as it will be worn out by the rate has steel parts

If u give it to me, I can troubleshoot it for u
You're still alive?
__________________
"May you fight with the strength of ten full grown men."
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 13:34   #11
TJX
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mississauga
K, so I've ordered the CNC trigger, will update on what happens.

Btw, are there any issues with using the OEM firing Pin and Valve locker with the CNC steel parts? And what about that part sits on top of the trigger box, behind the hammer? Does it matter if that's OEM?

Thx again for the advice.
TJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 14:47   #12
turok_t
 
turok_t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJX View Post
K, so I've ordered the CNC trigger, will update on what happens.

Btw, are there any issues with using the OEM firing Pin and Valve locker with the CNC steel parts? And what about that part sits on top of the trigger box, behind the hammer? Does it matter if that's OEM?

Thx again for the advice.
I would probably change the valve knocker and locker as well. The oem valve locker breaks easily as well and the ratech upgrade part works well. That part that sits behind the hammer is the full auto sear, the oem version is already steel, and the ratech one that comes with the full trigger set is also steel, so no need

E-luder: dude,where have you been? I see all your new guns but no word from u text me bro!
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2016, 14:47   #13
TJX
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mississauga
Okay, so I received the CNC Steel Trigger. Put together the Steel Sear, the CNC Steel trigger, the CNC Steel hammer all in the RA-Tech Steel Trigger box (which includes the steel firing pin and Valve locker). Semi and full auto works perfectly! No filing of parts needed. I guess if you're getting the CNC Steel hammer, you'd need the CNC Steel Trigger as well?
TJX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
BuyAirsoft

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 13:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.