:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 13th, 2012, 11:24   #211
turok_t

show me a picture of it..the one i got is from G36
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:23   #212
pinksoda

I just recently broke the prong of my scar nozzle. I think the reason was i used the mag as a bipod while prone and i believe that it was pushed way far up. Not sure where it hit on the mag but i remembered clearly after i used the mag as a bipod then the dreded PFFFFFFF(LOL) happened.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:12   #213
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
show me a picture of it..the one i got is from G36
I will take a picture tonight of the part.

Problem is that the bolt hitting the bent tip ends up breaking it at the bend...

I know it would be expensive, but a steel piece made from a bar would be incredibly more sturdy (especially since I want to finish my MG36 drum for it)
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:53   #214
D1ce

Does anybody knows if theres a soft spring for WE SCAR open bolt? I saw the RA TECH one but it seems its much larger spring and only works for M4 I think...
D1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 14:19   #215
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ce View Post
Does anybody knows if theres a soft spring for WE SCAR open bolt? I saw the RA TECH one but it seems its much larger spring and only works for M4 I think...
You mean for the floating valve, or the recoil rod?

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 18:34   #216
D1ce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
You mean for the floating valve, or the recoil rod?

Fox.
The recoil rod spring
D1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 21:46   #217
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1ce View Post
The recoil rod spring
Why would you want a lighter spring?
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 22:15   #218
unknownvariable

Works better in the winter?
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 22:29   #219
Kos-Mos

Use the G39 stock spring. It fits and is quite a bit softer.
You can probably source one online somewhere.
Old July 24th, 2012, 14:25   #220
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Alright, I've spent some time installing RS parts on my C8/M4/AR-15, and I have a couple of notes:

Colt Delta Ring Assembly:

- The finish of the RS Delta Ring is much better than WE's.
- A RS Delta Ring is just slightly smaller than the WE Delta Ring. Where there was some play between the two CAR handguards on my C8, the new delta ring reduces this to nil. There is no side to side wobble on my plastic handguards, at all.
- However, the diameter of the WE barrel nut is slightly larger than the cutout for it in the RS Delta Ring, meaning the barrel nut can't fit through. I had to slightly grind out the inside of the RS Delta Ring to allow the barrel nut to pass through.

DPMS Dust Cover:
- Dust cover fits the cutout perfectly, and the hard coat finish is much better than WE's powdercoating.
- When closed, the retention pin fits solidly, and the door opens smoothly when the bolt moves rearwards.
- Unfortunately, the retention pin's body (The casing holding the spring and etc) is larger on the RS, resulting in a door that won't close if the bolt is forward. This can be remedied by sanding down the recessed area of the bolt carrier where the casing sits by a millimeter.

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; July 25th, 2012 at 10:43..
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 00:57   #221
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
Alright, I've spent some time installing RS parts on my C8/M4/AR-15, and I have a couple of notes:

Colt Delta Ring Assembly:

- The finish of the RS Delta Ring is much better than WE's.
- A RS Delta Ring is just slightly smaller than the WE Delta Ring. Where there was some play between the two CAR handguards on my C8, the new delta ring reduces this to nil. There is no side to side wobble on my plastic handguards, at all.
-However, the diameter of the WE barrel nut is slightly larger than the cutout for it in the RS Delta Ring, meaning the barrel nut can't fit through. I had to slightly grind out the inside of the RS Delta Ring to allow the barrel nut to pass through.

DPMS Dust Cover:
- Dust cover fits the cutout perfectly, and the hard coat finish is much better than WE's powdercoating.
- When closed, the retention pin fits solidly, and the door opens smoothly when the bolt moves rearwards.
- Unfortunately, the retention pin's body (The casing holding the spring and etc) is larger on the RS, resulting in a door that won't close if the bolt is forward. This can be remedied by sanding down the recessed area of the bolt carrier where the casing sits by a millimeter.
Try other RS parts like detents, detent springs, front/rear pins, fire selectors, magazine catches, upper receivers, charging handles.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:04   #222
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Try other RS parts like detents, detent springs, front/rear pins, fire selectors, magazine catches, upper receivers, charging handles.
The only other one I've tried is a receiver extension plate. I was tempted to get a Norgon Ambi-catch, but for $90 it was a little rich for my tastes. Also wanted a Vltor charging handle, but I don't have the facilities at the moment to do the roll pin mod... so we'll see I guess.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 21:58   #223

This seems like it'd be the best place to ask this, I currently have a Closed Bolt WE Scar. I'm going to be converting it over to the Open Bolt system fairly soon. When I do I'm looking to extend the barrel on it. Is there any reason why I should stick with RA-Tech's Barrel Extension kit(Comes with the Inner[351mm] and Outer barrel) as opposed to getting the outer barrel extension separately and purchasing a 380mm 6.01 Tight Bore barrel?

For reference as well, I will be installing an NPAS in the Open Bolt kit upon installation.
Quote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 23:04   #224
Heerven

Hi,

I broke my cheap cocking handle for my G39. Since I have no reply from Tokyo Model to get the CNC aluminium version, I was wondering if the real steel could fit. It's almost the same price.
HKParts.net:
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Cocki...L8-13p1853.htm
Any advice?

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2012, 00:15   #225
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quote View Post
This seems like it'd be the best place to ask this, I currently have a Closed Bolt WE Scar. I'm going to be converting it over to the Open Bolt system fairly soon. When I do I'm looking to extend the barrel on it. Is there any reason why I should stick with RA-Tech's Barrel Extension kit(Comes with the Inner[351mm] and Outer barrel) as opposed to getting the outer barrel extension separately and purchasing a 380mm 6.01 Tight Bore barrel?

For reference as well, I will be installing an NPAS in the Open Bolt kit upon installation.
No, you can install any barrel you want.

BUT I would stay with 6.03 and above. Tighter than that brings FPS up and accuracy down.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications