Name Patches on Admin Pouch

:

Gear Discussion

Old February 14th, 2008, 20:00   #31
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
...and beyond me if I can understand why.
Dude! It's teh 733tness lolzors!!!1!!!1!!one!1
Old February 14th, 2008, 20:01   #32
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Pictures don't show silhouette, sound, shape, shine, texture etc. All the camouflage in the world wont do a damn bit of good if you're silhoetted.

Point is, and you've already said as much, that Multicam really isn't any better than anything else. Like any other system, it's only as good as the person wearing it and the environment it's worn in. Unfortunately, it's become the airsoft-standard uniform, and beyond me if I can understand why.
True enough to a point, the best cases I've seen are those two pics, unaltered like the Crye website has (but both ot those pics say a thousand words regardless), but it's growing as a standard in the US among the AR shooters club as well. Can't pick up an issue of SWAT, Tactical Gear, etc. without seeing multicam everywhere in it (check out the Grail AR-15 in its fancy MC skin), instructors of renowned gun courses, etc. Seems maybe those (like you) who own ARs, and airsofters go hand in hand when it comes to multicam (admit it, even though you hate it, you still own an expensive set of multicam BDUs).

I'm above and beyond most airsofters when it comes to camo (not enough to grow an ego over though), how to use it, pros & cons of different patterns, etc, and even after a couple dozen games wearing mutlicam, I can honestly say it's a hit or miss thing. Cadpat is retarded easy to learn to use, head for shadows and cedar trees and you are laughing..... elsewhere (including at night, it's a dark silhoutte, something multicam doesn't do unless being viewed through IR goggles/scope, and only then it's because of the IFF treatment the real material has), but I seriously feel venerable when wearing multicam because I am still trying to learn to see like another would when I position myself, and it is honestly fucking hard to know when you are missing, and when you are right there. I'd love to meet someone who has mastered how to use multicam to it's full advantage in changing environments, such as playing at the average field for an airsoft game. But those are literally few and far between, unless out in Alberta or something with more beige in their environment than anything else.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 20:04   #33
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
Dude! It's teh 733tness lolzors!!!1!!!1!!one!1
ACU usage is worse than mutlicam, and stands out 80% more. And yes, we all know you have an NVG scope, so stop pointing out that MC is flawed slimply because it has IFF treatment. And then admit you want MC as well, as you have previously.

Next time I see you in ACU, I got dibs on the news section, to keep up with politics.
Old February 14th, 2008, 20:52   #34
Sterling

Send a message via MSN to Sterling
What is my Admin pouch for if I cant put any damn patches on it?

I have my name tape, a patch that was given to me by a team mate who is now in Iraq (US Airsoft one), Flag, Medic badge, and my Gear Meter patch!
Second of all, through the magic of the beautiful computer technology known as Microsoft Paint, one can magically with pixie dust and unicorn tears take an image, and, prepare to be shocked, reverse the colours. I KNOW! Things they do with computers these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Divide by zero and hope for the best
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 21:57   #35
Sha Do

Quote:
Pictures don't show silhouette, sound, shape, shine, texture etc. All the camouflage in the world wont do a damn bit of good if you're silhoetted.

Point is, and you've already said as much, that Multicam really isn't any better than anything else. Like any other system, it's only as good as the person wearing it and the environment it's worn in. Unfortunately, it's become the airsoft-standard uniform, and beyond me if I can understand why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
True enough to a point, the best cases I've seen are those two pics......
...... how to use it, pros & cons of different patterns, etc, and even after a couple dozen games wearing mutlicam, I can honestly say it's a hit or miss thing. Cadpat is retarded easy to learn to use, head for shadows and cedar trees and you are laughing..... elsewhere (including at night, it's a dark silhoutte, something multicam doesn't do ......
SHHHHHHH....
...don't be giving away too many trick of the trade on open forums!! LOL

Unfortunatly, I am also a victim of multi cam. I've been in the sport almost 14 years now and have never purchased (or really need a vest), but I got a wicked deal on a couple of CIRAS vests (complete with all pouches), and for the price I figured I can't go wrong. LOL guess I'm in with the "trendy" group now.
.....though I suspect that the MULTICAM will make an excellent base to build a ghillie on.

SHA DO
Sha Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 22:02   #36
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

I've worn my mutlicam exposed under my ghillie and survived, am sure others would too.

BTW, my gear is either khaki or OD, only gear I have that is MC is my drop leg for my MK23.
Old February 14th, 2008, 22:22   #37
swatt13
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapcinq View Post
You look nothing like what I thought you would.. weird.....
thats what people always say when they see a pimp for the first time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:15   #38
prometheus-

Send a message via MSN to prometheus-
that is a sick g36 man
i think im in love
prometheus- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 17:03   #39
Ibby

Quote:
And yes, we all know you have an NVG scope, so stop pointing out that MC is flawed slimply because it has IFF treatment. And then admit you want MC as well, as you have previously.

Next time I see you in ACU, I got dibs on the news section, to keep up with politics.
That's the problem with MC, it's the IFF treatment that is flawed. That treatment is supposed to make you more difficult to see through NV, all my issued stuff has it as well, and it works damned peachy. All the MC I've seen with it lights up like a Christmas tree, which is what the coating is supposed to prevent.
And you won't see me in ACU anytime soon. I ditched it all, except for a couple pairs of cool cutoff shorts . Don't know why I bothered in the first place. Cadpat's free.
Old February 15th, 2008, 17:54   #40
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibby View Post
That's the problem with MC, it's the IFF treatment that is flawed. That treatment is supposed to make you more difficult to see through NV, all my issued stuff has it as well, and it works damned peachy. All the MC I've seen with it lights up like a Christmas tree, which is what the coating is supposed to prevent.
And you won't see me in ACU anytime soon. I ditched it all, except for a couple pairs of cool cutoff shorts . Don't know why I bothered in the first place. Cadpat's free.
You look better in cadpat anyways. Lol, makes you look slimmer. Besides, 'it's better to look like a tree than to look like an American'. (Old joke I assume you've heard.)

I thought IFF was supposed to light up with NVGs, hence the Identification Friend/Foe. I mean, the panels on vehicles and shoulder patches glow only in NVG, but isn't that the whole IFF thing anyways?
Old February 15th, 2008, 18:27   #41
Ibby

Quote:
I thought IFF was supposed to light up with NVGs, hence the Identification Friend/Foe. I mean, the panels on vehicles and shoulder patches glow only in NVG, but isn't that the whole IFF thing anyways?
No, it's meant to supress your IR signature. Friendlies aren't the only ones with NV these days. IR recognition comes from those little velcro tab thingies.
Old February 15th, 2008, 18:31   #42
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Ah, ok.
Old February 15th, 2008, 19:16   #43
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

My camo doesnt really give me away to often. I find that the biggest thing that gives away my position in games is when I pass gas. Its never silent, as hard as I try to squeak it out silently, it always turns out to be one of those blowing a tuba through a megaphone farts.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 19:33   #44
RiteOff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
My camo doesnt really give me away to often. I find that the biggest thing that gives away my position in games is when I pass gas. Its never silent, as hard as I try to squeak it out silently, it always turns out to be one of those blowing a tuba through a megaphone farts.
My fiance sounds like a ship coming to harbour too, you guys should hook up
Old February 15th, 2008, 19:38   #45
Manvil

Polish Grom are using something pretty close to Multicam these days...

"Amateurs train to success, professionals train to failure." -C.C.
Manvil is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion