Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

FCC 2013 new release

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old March 15th, 2014, 17:54   #196
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck12 View Post
I was looking at their rails and a few other bits and bobs, how are they quality wise.
I can count on one hand how many of their products are OK, and still have some fingers left.

Their selector rack and FET board seem to be OK, everything else is a crap shoot.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 18:38   #197
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've had good luck with their short mosfet, haven't heard anything really bad about their ECU either
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 18:48   #198
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I've had good luck with their short mosfet, haven't heard anything really bad about their ECU either

About 1/3 for me are duds. Full auto in all modes, or no control of the FETs, and they trigger it to do wierd things. One poor guy is on his third board.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 19:34   #199
MMatersk

Any pro FCC guys want to chime in on this? I'd like to hear what they have to say. I was actually blown away when I got to try a FCC product last year at TAC was very close of purchasing a gun from them. Any new development? I'm kind of glad I didn't buy into the hype after reading everything.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-K...8&ref=bookmark
MMatersk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 20:02   #200
ThunderCactus

So far the guys that stand behind FCC 100% have nothing more to offer than hearsay that they in fact own a fully functional FTW
"why tear apart a good gun?" is their defense, which makes sense. But considering the amount of evidence against FCC, a well documented take down of a good FTW would be the only thing we'd accept as proof.

I'd LOVE to have someone with a well built FTW post up a well documented take down showing some evidence that FCC is capable of making a proper TW. Nobody has stepped up to the plate yet, and honestly given the number of poorly built guns, I personally still wouldn't chance buying one.
Old March 15th, 2014, 20:14   #201
Off_kilter

Yeah this is sad...I had high hopes for a AK PTW when i saw those teaser shots.
Old March 15th, 2014, 20:24   #202
redneck12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
So far the guys that stand behind FCC 100% have nothing more to offer than hearsay that they in fact own a fully functional FTW
"why tear apart a good gun?" is their defense, which makes sense. But considering the amount of evidence against FCC, a well documented take down of a good FTW would be the only thing we'd accept as proof.

I'd LOVE to have someone with a well built FTW post up a well documented take down showing some evidence that FCC is capable of making a proper TW. Nobody has stepped up to the plate yet, and honestly given the number of poorly built guns, I personally still wouldn't chance buying one.
As far as I have seen the only ones pro FTW are the guys that invested in the company and distributors.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 20:31   #203
ThunderCactus

I'd stick that quote in my sig if I wasn't so sure it would ruffle someone's feathers lol
Old March 15th, 2014, 20:48   #204
redneck12

Just from observation even guys on Youtube that were showing off their FCC's have stopped posting beyond the build or initial purchase. And same with ASC certain supporters of FCC have gone quiet. Just doesn't seem like FCC is actually listening and taking the feed back in and implementing changes. Its a pitty cuz they have some really nice looking builds and for the pennies you guys fork out for them you expect results worthy of the cost.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2014, 21:23   #205
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Luckily, there's still Systema. Not only better, but cheaper. Go figure.
Old March 16th, 2014, 23:30   #206
SuperHog

Like to report my A&K PTW is working flawless with zero issues. I would have thought the gear box, cylinder or motor would have died by now, but still humming along.

At $420, you can't beat that.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 00:44   #207
ThunderCactus

If you compare them to AEG's which are on the same level, I'd rather run a CTW or A&K ptw, simply due to the fact they're based on a superior platform, and they still retain the modularity of the ptw for ease of maintenance and troubleshooting
Old March 17th, 2014, 10:11   #208
Nova316

A&K is surprisingly an good platform, only the electronics are a little weak.
If/when they burn out replace them with systema and you are good to go for quite a while. I had a buddy who got into the sport and went A&K over FCC/Systema and I replaced his boards when they failed with old 2007 systema boards I had laying around. Its been flawless since
Nova316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 10:24   #209
SuperHog

I use to own a CTW but sold it. The fit and finish and also A&K PTW compatibility to a Systema is much better.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2014, 11:48   #210
Azathoth

Quote:
I was looking at their rails and a few other bits and bobs, how are they quality wise.
They look nice but only the prototypes and the ones that went to dealer/distributors are of the high quality CNC product. At the price you are being charged you are better of buying a real version for an extra $100 dollars.

See the quote below:
Quote:
As far as I have seen the only ones pro FTW are the guys that invested in the company and distributors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMatersk View Post
Any pro FCC guys want to chime in on this? I'd like to hear what they have to say. I was actually blown away when I got to try a FCC product last year at TAC was very close of purchasing a gun from them. Any new development? I'm kind of glad I didn't buy into the hype after reading everything.
Only the guns that I have seen in the hands of the FCC stakeholders in Hong Kong and in the dealers in Canada have been of high quality. IE Full billet CNC from tool quality steel or aluminum. The other complete guns that are being sold are put together and built to a far far far lower standard, die cast, cnc finish 'metal' that is hardened (gears), or die cast cnc finish for the externals.

I agree with Brad, the only product that I have seen from FCC that is good to go IMO is the selector rack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; March 17th, 2014 at 11:51..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand