Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

US Navy SEALs

:

USA

Old July 10th, 2008, 11:10   #61
Ace of Spades©

Here are some to compliment Yuxi's link

I still can't believe that some Geardo in Hong Kong would pay 1200$ for this thing when you can buy direct from the manufacturer for 1/4 the price.

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Ace of Spades© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 11:30   #62
Ace of Spades©

Haha yea... That RRV actually looks like its the civilian version with all the normal tan colored buckles replaced with black ones to triple the sale price.

I love how all ebay sellers add stuff like "Eagle LBT MLCS MBSS RRV SEAL Delta SF CAG" to the item listing.

On a side note, there is a Safariland BA up now if anybody is making a USSF impression from around 2003.

Dam the AI MBSS carrier set is up to 810$ now. To bad its only light tan, if it was pinky tan, the price would be probably 2000$ right now.

Quote:
My gun is like a Land Rover, when it works, its great. Problem is, its a Land Rover, so it never works...
Old July 10th, 2008, 21:17   #63
H-G

What do you mean by "civilian version"? are you referring to an earlier generation of the vest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Airsofter
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
H-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 21:22   #64
Ace of Spades©

... No, the material used. The Mil version sometimes does not have the green thread woven in every few khaki ones, it also usually has a darker color then the civi one for some reason. Like all manufactures, the color is inconsistent with the cordura, so its hard to tell sometimes.

Also a couple of the buckles did not look right and I compared them to pics of other black buckled pouches and noted that the ones on the RRV for sale look a bit off.

I'm not an expert on it by any means.

Quote:
Old July 10th, 2008, 21:23   #65
pugs144

The issued version of the MLCS kit has only PALS webbing as opposed to the commercial version which has the 2 inch ALICE webbing underneath the PALS webbing. In addition the early Gen MLCS had black hardware IIRC.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 21:26   #66
Ace of Spades©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar|-|ead View Post
The bdu top on that pic..its custom made right??
Yea, I'm pretty sure it was made by a chap named Gonzatron or something, would be able to dig up a link for you if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
The issued version of the MLCS kit has only PALS webbing as opposed to the commercial version which has the 2 inch ALICE webbing underneath the PALS webbing. In addition the early Gen MLCS had black hardware IIRC.
Not always, the first few gens of the MLCS kit had pinky tan, orange and grey ish trip, these ones did not have the ALICE webbing, but once Eagle started producing the RRV for civies, they included the ALICE in the MLCS issued ones.

But yea, its pretty common practice from what I have seen from Wannabe to replace the buckles on the civi Eagle stuff to fit better with the impression, heck I will be doing the same, but I wont be selling it under the false label as early gen MLCS kit to make the price jump to 4 times what it is worth.

Quote:

Last edited by Ace of Spades©; July 10th, 2008 at 21:28..
Old July 10th, 2008, 21:35   #67
pugs144

Wait. You mentioned earlier that the issue MLCS uses black buckles and the commercial ones tan? I would've thought it was the opposite.
Old July 10th, 2008, 21:43   #68
Ace of Spades©

^^ Yea the issued MLCS kit has black buckles, but now the newest MLCS deployment bags all have pouches with tan colored buckles instead of the black. The only way to tell the dif between the mil and civi now is the color and (as funny as it sounds) texture / feeling of the cordura itself. The mil is softer then the civi for some reason.

I too would have thought the opposite, since you know black shows up more on NV, but at the start of the MLCS project, there was not many manufactures of plastic hardware, so they had to use what the could. Like the SPEARS packs being made with black PALS or the old school John Willis SOE gear being made with the black trim. Now days we scoff at it, but back even 8 years ago, no fabric company saw the need to produce the different colored nylon or American Molding never had any orders for anything other then the simple black buckle.

Quote:
Old July 10th, 2008, 22:25   #69
pugs144

Google brings up this:
Weyland-Yutani
Old July 13th, 2008, 20:37   #70
H-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Spades View Post
... No, the material used. The Mil version sometimes does not have the green thread woven in every few khaki ones, it also usually has a darker color then the civi one for some reason. Like all manufactures, the color is inconsistent with the cordura, so its hard to tell sometimes.

Also a couple of the buckles did not look right and I compared them to pics of other black buckled pouches and noted that the ones on the RRV for sale look a bit off.

I'm not an expert on it by any means.

I've been at radawn all weekend (great game by the way) so I haven't had the time to respond to this, but do you really think and industrial company like Eagle, which has been fulfilling MASSIVE contracts to USSOCOM and the DOD has been constructing equipment for the military separate from the rest of it's products with differences so subtle that only select hong kong geardos have been able to detect?

Different batches = subtly different materials. NSW was using some of these eagle products back as early as op Anaconda- things change.

Quote:
However no offence to the soviet team, but Spetsnaz are something to be feared. What I faced off against seemed like a parody of Russian mobsters.

FREE ATREYU
Old July 13th, 2008, 21:28   #71
Ace of Spades©

^^ I'm not sure I understand what you are saying 100%. Seems like ether what I did say in other post's or what I ment to say. English is not my primary language, so things do come out... weird.

I agree with you on this thought. Your much more experienced then I am.

I was more basing my questioning on the authenticity of the RRV and its pouches on the buckles used. Eagle use's American Casting and the buckles where closer to the ITW Nexus. They may have changed (like you say) nothing is ever constant in gear manufacturing.

Quote:
Old July 19th, 2008, 19:29   #72
Ace of Spades©

Thats a cool look MadMorb. Light, comfortable, simple, exactly how I like it.

My 1961a is on its way, should be in my hands in two weeks.

Same with my Hugger (NOTE: Not my pic. I'm getting mine from the owner of this one, he just sent me the pic of his for reference.)

Still a lot of stuff to buy/make, but my kit is slowly getting close to finish.. for now.

Quote:
Old July 24th, 2008, 22:30   #73
Ace of Spades©

Hey, anybody recommend a good pair of SEAL used goggles? I haven't really looked into them a lot.

Also, anybody have the PDF for the Translation stock sheet? I made myself one with Excel, but it does not have the right dimensions.

On a side note, a complete set of DFLCS just sold on egay for under 200$ If I was not looking at another possible 1.5 grand to finish my impression, I would have grabbed it like a fat kid on cookies.

Quote:
Old July 25th, 2008, 00:01   #74
H-G

dflcs is od right? a frames, t800s and ess are all legit for door kicking shit, sof guys are always looking for newer and better shit in that field

Quote:

FREE ATREYU
Old July 25th, 2008, 00:05   #75
Ace of Spades©

I've seen DFLCS in OD and ACU. Contracted to Eagle, LBT and DBT apparently. Don't know who use's it, might be USAF security squadrons under the name of "rifleman's kit".

Oakley A-Frames look pretty sci-fi and I get a nice mil discount now from them, so will have to look into a pair. Probably get some M-Frames to go along with.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA