Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

We Glock 17 Gen 3 Magazine Problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 15th, 2016, 23:56   #1
Slodin

We Glock 17 Gen 3 Magazine Problem

I recently bought this Glock 17 from heroutdoors and had to deal with a easily stripped hopup screw but I blame that on WE and myself..which I fixed..

now the problem goes onto a separate magazine I bought from them..it's the WE G Seires magazine for g17..

There are 2 problems, the bb follower is not following the pull tab, thus if i pull the tab and load bbs it wont work because the follower is stuck on the top, I can use a stick or nails to push the follower down, but I have to do this 70% of the time...

second is that this magazine came with a fat base plate that was different from the picture on their website which is also different than the mag that came with the gun..now this problem is that the mag won't even fit in my glock 17 if the base plate is on because it blocks the mag from being fully inserted...one shot the recoil would just pop the mag out..

is this normal for a new gun and new mags? this is a frustrating experience with WE product...The base plate problem is easy fix but require me to buy the slim plate..wtf..but the follower problem actually prevents me from actually reloading unless I pull the tab then knock the follower down so I can load bbs....

EDIT:
Here is a video I made right after this post...Internet crapping out on me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvzZ9P5JrtI

Last edited by Slodin; February 16th, 2016 at 01:19..
Slodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 00:15   #2
Danke

Are you sure it's a follower? The WE is a TM clone and the TM follower is one piece.

Photos of the base plate? I have a couple WE and TM G17s and all the mags swap and lock in with no issues out here.
Old February 16th, 2016, 00:43   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
I've seen a few WE G17 mags with broken followers (split in 2 pieces). It's not really an issue, but if you care you can superglue it back together.

As for the mag, sounds like false advertising or the old Hero Outdoors Bait and Switch.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 01:23   #4
Slodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Are you sure it's a follower? The WE is a TM clone and the TM follower is one piece.

Photos of the base plate? I have a couple WE and TM G17s and all the mags swap and lock in with no issues out here.
Updated with video for easy view...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
I've seen a few WE G17 mags with broken followers (split in 2 pieces). It's not really an issue, but if you care you can superglue it back together.

As for the mag, sounds like false advertising or the old Hero Outdoors Bait and Switch.
oh ok..so the broken follower is not a big deal...cool..
I really wished the 2 mags looked the same, but as long as it works I really don't want to complain..However, idk how they made a product that doesn't fit with their gun...

I hope they didn't bait and switch..although i would of really liked the slim plate..
Old February 16th, 2016, 18:50   #5
Danke

All my mags with the bumpers are TM but they all lock into my WE Glock fine. I do have a Gen 4 frame so a bigger mag release. That shouldn't matter buy maybe it does.
Old February 16th, 2016, 20:18   #6
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodin View Post
However, idk how they made a product that doesn't fit with their gun...
No, it sounds like Hero Outdoors sold you a different mag than they advertised. Don't blame the manufacturer, WE. (If the second made is even made by WE)

Old February 16th, 2016, 20:34   #7
shelcoof

Haven't bought a WE mag in a few years but the ones that I bought came with the flat base plate and not the fat extended one.

There are other brands of magazines out there that are non WE and TM. Just do a comparison between your stock mag and the new one you bought. Paint is usually a give away..... try looking at the fill valve and the thing gets get hits by the hammer (forget the name lol). If there are far to many differences then you know it is a different brand. Sometimes WE mags don't have any sort of packaging on them so it can be really hard to tell if your actually getting a WE mag.

As for the follower that is normal on 90% of all my WE magazines. Just knock it down with your finger as your pulling down the spring.

The thing about the stripped hop up screw and broken follower is that all these issues are very minor. To be honest and I'm sure many other players on here will tell you is that WE Glocks are very reliable. Yes there are issues but nothing you can't fix.

As for the base plate try sanding a portion of it down a bit it. I''ve done it before with other base plates.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 21:13   #8
Danke

Shoot a nice macro pic of the main seal on the mag that meets the BBU on the slide.
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:23   #9
Slodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
All my mags with the bumpers are TM but they all lock into my WE Glock fine. I do have a Gen 4 frame so a bigger mag release. That shouldn't matter buy maybe it does.
Yeah...unlucky me it doesn't fit for me...switching/take off base plate do work...so it's just the base plate is a bit too blocky..

Quote:
No, it sounds like Hero Outdoors sold you a different mag than they advertised. Don't blame the manufacturer, WE. (If the second made is even made by WE)
The bottom of this mag's base plate is a weird symbol that is not we-tech, but the rest of the mag looks 100% the same to me..taking off the base plate does allow me to use the mag..

I obviously don't know what this logo is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Haven't bought a WE mag in a few years but the ones that I bought came with the flat base plate and not the fat extended one.

There are other brands of magazines out there that are non WE and TM. Just do a comparison between your stock mag and the new one you bought. Paint is usually a give away..... try looking at the fill valve and the thing gets get hits by the hammer (forget the name lol). If there are far to many differences then you know it is a different brand. Sometimes WE mags don't have any sort of packaging on them so it can be really hard to tell if your actually getting a WE mag.

As for the follower that is normal on 90% of all my WE magazines. Just knock it down with your finger as your pulling down the spring.

The thing about the stripped hop up screw and broken follower is that all these issues are very minor. To be honest and I'm sure many other players on here will tell you is that WE Glocks are very reliable. Yes there are issues but nothing you can't fix.

As for the base plate try sanding a portion of it down a bit it. I''ve done it before with other base plates.
I looked at the 2 mags, they are completely the same..I checked all the areas you mentioned..

yeah, the hopup thing, I fixed it..so meh..the replacement screw was hard to find tho..found it off ncix's tech screw jar...big thanks to them

the thing is, paying for a product that is broken or different is really weird and wrong..I contacted heroes, and if they are not gonna do anything, then yeah, I'd probably have to sand it off..or even get a different plate for me to use..

I did send them an email, but no reply, so I called them today at like 11am pst. Person told me to send another email to their other mail box..okay..but no reply at all for the rest of the day..

well, I will be waiting another day to see what they will reply...
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:29   #10
RainyEyes

Quote:
I obviously don't know what this logo is:

That's an APS logo... look up APS concept.

Interestingly, those base plates are only used for CO2 APS glock magazines, so I think that's still a WE magazine (you're using green gas/propane right?) but they gave you a base plate from somewhere else... ????

Last edited by RainyEyes; February 17th, 2016 at 03:40..
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:58   #11
Slodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
That's an APS logo... look up APS concept.

Interestingly, those base plates are only used for CO2 APS glock magazines, so I think that's still a WE magazine (you're using green gas/propane right?) but they gave you a base plate from somewhere else... ????
man i knew something was off when I saw the different plates when I took the mag out of the WE mag box...

APS action combat pistol or something along those lines I have heard of...
it's because of the base plate..I was like who the heck in WE had the idea of putting a plate on that I have to take off everytime to pump gas in? and the plate is really tight too, hard to take off...now I know..it's not WE that did this........

maybe they broke the mag plate and thought, oh, I can just fit this one on and hope for the best...but no, it doesn't lock into my glock...
Old February 17th, 2016, 11:02   #12
shelcoof

Quote:
Y
I looked at the 2 mags, they are completely the same..I checked all the areas you mentioned..

yeah, the hopup thing, I fixed it..so meh..the replacement screw was hard to find tho..found it off ncix's tech screw jar...big thanks to them

the thing is, paying for a product that is broken or different is really weird and wrong..I contacted heroes, and if they are not gonna do anything, then yeah, I'd probably have to sand it off..or even get a different plate for me to use..

I did send them an email, but no reply, so I called them today at like 11am pst. Person told me to send another email to their other mail box..okay..but no reply at all for the rest of the day..

well, I will be waiting another day to see what they will reply...
Agree with you 100% product should be exactly as described and yhaa that is an APS logo there..... knew it looked familiar.

My experience with heroes had always been good even when I've had issues with my orders. Guys seem to be genuinely nice and understanding so hopefully you guys are able to remedy the issue.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 14:51   #13
Slodin

So they said they can give me the follower and base plate for free..
however that has to be with my next order...

I'm happy that they are trying to make it right, but at the same time they screwed me the first time and now I have to pay for another order and shipping just to fix something they sold me that is not working..

I don't want to order stuff I don't even need just to get a new base plate...
Old February 29th, 2016, 12:34   #14
Styrak

I would tell them to make it right or you want to return it to them on their dime. If you paid by Paypal or credit card you also have the option of filing a dispute or doing a chargeback. Which is completely reasonable if they're not willing to work with you, since they basically committed mail fraud.

Old March 12th, 2016, 14:29   #15
Slodin

Quote:
I would tell them to make it right or you want to return it to them on their dime. If you paid by Paypal or credit card you also have the option of filing a dispute or doing a chargeback. Which is completely reasonable if they're not willing to work with you, since they basically committed mail fraud.
I sent two calm emails shortly after my last post but with no reply..

but yesterday I received a package sent by hero with a baseplate and a follower..I really wished they replied to my email cause I basically gave up on their customer service and told everyone not to order from them because it's sketchiness...also I ordered another baseplate because I had a big order of random parts from USA with people from our group to split shipping...

Now I'm gonna have a spare baseplate laying round :wink:

below is for herooutdoors:
but anyway, thanks hero to actually sending my part and I guess made it right for me. But please, next time email the customer! I noticed you guys really don't like viewing emails..even when I called and you guys told me to email then 1 week later a reply..

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner