Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tm hi-capa 5.1 to race gun help needed

:

Doctor's Corner

Old January 19th, 2011, 13:08   #16
spartan117

Haha I love Illusions posts. They always so long. LOL Post #13 was 1138 words(i actually had free time to check with Word....yea i kno lol).
spartan117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:57   #17
Tactical Elite

Thats actually true, you get what you pay for. I'm totally agree what you are saying. I guess as for those parts you mentioned i'll look into it. The rig i will search for. What brand do you recommand? I again appreciate you time keeping me informed.
Tactical Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:51   #18
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

The two most dominant brands on the market are CR Speed and Ghost. Safariland, Bianchi, Arredondo, Limcat and a few others trails behind, but all essentially should work just as well. If anything, they would be a bit more unique since they won't be just like every other CRS/Ghost wearing shooter out there.

It comes down to personal preference which one you want to go with, but there are some basic differences between the platforms. I only have experience with CRS and Ghost. The basic pros/cons of both:

CR Speed Pros:
  • Multi-Platform System, can accept Glock, 1911, 2011, Sig and more with one holster.
  • Ambidextrous. Can switch to left side or right side by swapping a few parts
  • Can adjust barrel rest platform to fit different length pistols

CR Speed Cons:
  • Is not quickly adjustable. If you need to change pistol platforms (ie from 1911 to Glock), from right side to left side, or barrel platform height; it can not be done on the fly. Tools are required, and it's ideal to do it with the entire belt rig off your body.
  • Fairly large size, makes storage/transport a bit more difficult when attached to the belt.

Ghost Pros:
  • Multi-division capable. This holster does not have a barrel rest platform, so it's extremely easy to change from an Open Division compensated pistol to a Standard Division pistol without having to make any changes. This is great for shooters who will compete in multiple divisions. Also great for backup if your Open Division pistol goes down and your only backup is a Standard Division pistol of the same platform
  • Very small size, easier for storage and transport
  • Very ergonomic and fast acting trigger guard lock system. When used properly, it is next to impossible to knock the pistol out of the holster.

Ghost Cons:
  • Not multi platform capable. You must purchase a specific holster for a specific platform. For example, you must buy one for Glock, and another one for a 2011. You can not properly fit one to the other.
  • Not ambidextrous. You must purchase a specific side, you can not swap sides like CR Speed

The magazine pouch brands also have their own pros and cons, but you may be able to see these just by looking at them. I personally run a mix of CR Speed and Ghost holsters, depending on my loadout and requirements. However, I do lean a bit more towards CR Speed mag pouches.

As far as replicas are concerned, I'm only aware of CRS, Ghost and Limcat replicas on the market.

The best thing to do is to actually make it out to an event and check out people's gear, ask them about it and get opinions.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:45   #19
Tactical Elite

Thanks Illusion, But where can i find thes rigs? CR or Ghost? What would the price rage be?

Would like to attend events, but non was hosted or anything happening? I\ve waited for few months now and have not seen any event at TTAC happening.
I would like to be qualified and get into this sport.
Tactical Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:35   #20
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Elite View Post
Thanks Illusion, But where can i find thes rigs? CR or Ghost? What would the price rage be?

Would like to attend events, but non was hosted or anything happening? I\ve waited for few months now and have not seen any event at TTAC happening.
I would like to be qualified and get into this sport.
Contact me by PM if you'd like to purchase the rigs. I have domestic access to them. They start at $400.

There hasn't been much CAPS activity lately due to the board of directors being extremely busy with real life, as well as a restricted schedule of availability by our venue.

However, we are making an effort to get things started up again for this year. At this time, any events would happen on a Friday evening, unless we can secure a new venue that allows us to have events more frequently.

For now, hang tight and keep your eye on the games schedule in the Ontario section. We'd like to get events up and running again.

Cheers,
Brian
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:58   #21
m102404
Tys

We'll have CAPS dates set soon (scheduling should firm up in the next day or so). The first set of shoots will be for CAPS members only...I'm not sure when the next Cert session will be but we'll post is as soon as we get a date set.

If you want a race rig for a Hicapa...go for a Ghost holster and Ghost mag holders and the CRSpeed belt. The knock off stuff is a complete waste of money (it's flexy and the holsters are sketchy).

If you're debating the flexibility of different guns in a CRSpeed vs. stuck to one with a Ghost...don't sweat it. Unless you go radically different, your open/standard guns are going to be Hicapas (and thus an open Ghost holster is great)...or you're going to end up adding a Production class pistol (and in that case just get a Bladetech or Bianchi holster).

Have fun.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner