Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

K.T.W ithaca m37 police upgradable?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 23rd, 2019, 06:24   #1
Backyardshoot3r

K.T.W ithaca m37 police upgradable?

Hello everyone i just want to know if the ktw ithaca m37 police version (it's a spring shotgun) can have its internals upgraded like a stronger spring to shoot further piston etc because i feel like my gun is shooting a little weaker then before (which is completely understandable) feedback would be appreciated

Last edited by Backyardshoot3r; July 25th, 2019 at 08:18..
Backyardshoot3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2019, 15:50   #2
That_Limey_Brit

Spring shotguns are typically non-upgradable. Either:
1) Too cheap to bother
2) Too complex to disassemble
3) Not compatible with AEG or Bolt action springs
4) Will self-destruct if you increase the power

From what I've read, it's quite a hard to come by weapon that shoots anything from 240fps to 400fps new. It's pretty lame to skirmish with but in the backyard it's ok.

The tri-shotguns (originally made by TM) now made cheaply by CYMA, Double Eagle, UTG...etc. have long surpassed these guns with their ability to take a shell style magazine, fire 3 shots per pull and hit a reliable 300+ FPS. That said, Canadian law would make them hard to come by here due to import + FPS restrictions. Airsoft depot have some CYMA ones so it must be possible.

My first ever gun was a Double Eagle M56C, pump action shotgun. Cost (at the time) £60. About $110CAD equivalent back in 2009.
Old July 25th, 2019, 08:15   #3
Backyardshoot3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Limey_Brit View Post
Spring shotguns are typically non-upgradable. Either:
1) Too cheap to bother
2) Too complex to disassemble
3) Not compatible with AEG or Bolt action springs
4) Will self-destruct if you increase the power

From what I've read, it's quite a hard to come by weapon that shoots anything from 240fps to 400fps new. It's pretty lame to skirmish with but in the backyard it's ok.

The tri-shotguns (originally made by TM) now made cheaply by CYMA, Double Eagle, UTG...etc. have long surpassed these guns with their ability to take a shell style magazine, fire 3 shots per pull and hit a reliable 300+ FPS. That said, Canadian law would make them hard to come by here due to import + FPS restrictions. Airsoft depot have some CYMA ones so it must be possible.

My first ever gun was a Double Eagle M56C, pump action shotgun. Cost (at the time) £60. About $110CAD equivalent back in 2009.
so there is nothing i can do to my shotgun?
Old July 25th, 2019, 13:21   #4
That_Limey_Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyardshoot3r View Post
so there is nothing i can do to my shotgun?
I'm not entirely sure what you want to achieve. If you want more FPS... I'd go ahead and say probably not. They're so much hassle that any tech would refuse to do it unless you laid down the cash in advance. Followed by an answer to the question: "WHY?"

Hop up... If it is adjustable its basic and you'll need to disassemble half the gun to make replacements and adjustments. If it's anything like other shotguns they won't be standard hop rubbers either, certainly not standard hop units.

So... I'd say no. Enjoy your plinker- if you want to move into skirmish-grade weaponry, get yourself age verified and take a look at the classifieds.
I'm pretty sure I had this gun when I first started out at some point. It was a good laugh with my mates but not a serious weapon, especially when you take on folks with SOPMOD M4's and M249 SAWs.
Old July 26th, 2019, 20:04   #5
Backyardshoot3r

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure what you want to achieve. If you want more FPS... I'd go ahead and say probably not. They're so much hassle that any tech would refuse to do it unless you laid down the cash in advance. Followed by an answer to the question: "WHY?"

Hop up... If it is adjustable its basic and you'll need to disassemble half the gun to make replacements and adjustments. If it's anything like other shotguns they won't be standard hop rubbers either, certainly not standard hop units.

So... I'd say no. Enjoy your plinker- if you want to move into skirmish-grade weaponry, get yourself age verified and take a look at the classifieds.
I'm pretty sure I had this gun when I first started out at some point. It was a good laugh with my mates but not a serious weapon, especially when you take on folks with SOPMOD M4's and M249 SAWs.
is there any type of maintenance i can do to this shotgun to prolong its lifespan? Because i can't find anything about this specific airsoft gun I really like the ithaca shotguns which is why i bought this airsoft gun.

Last edited by Backyardshoot3r; July 26th, 2019 at 20:07.. Reason: Added info
Old July 26th, 2019, 22:29   #6
That_Limey_Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backyardshoot3r View Post
is there any type of maintenance i can do to this shotgun to prolong its lifespan? Because i can't find anything about this specific airsoft gun I really like the ithaca shotguns which is why i bought this airsoft gun.
Clean your barrel occasionally; don't throw it around; run quality 0.2g or higher BBs and keep it out of sand/dirt. Once it breaks, it's probably a gonner.
Old August 4th, 2019, 20:51   #7
Backyardshoot3r

Quote:
Clean your barrel occasionally; don't throw it around; run quality 0.2g or higher BBs and keep it out of sand/dirt. Once it breaks, it's probably a gonner.
ah ok thanks
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications