Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My TorontoAirsoft.com review

:

Reviews

Old April 15th, 2015, 13:19   #121
bigbiscuit

Send a message via MSN to bigbiscuit
yeah, I have to agree TA's ticket system reminds me of a delicatessen or butcher shop - not enough employees to service the number of customers there is and therefore take a numba.

pew pew.
bigbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 08:58   #122
SuperHog

There's this one guy running around with a chest rig full of magazines and a pistol, he appears he is so busy, but I don't see him helping anyone.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2015, 19:51   #123
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
the ticket system is terrible. They should have 1 guy dedicated to everything not gun related, and if there`s nobody needing gear or parts, he can take a gun customer or whatever, but I waited an hour just to get 2 pouches that had to be retrieved from the back room. There`s not a whole lot of stuff to peruse while on the floor either and you can`t look at or handle anything gun related until your number comes up.

Granted, almost everyone that was there while I was there wanted to look at guns, but there're other customers too.
+1

Hopefully someone from TA will get on the forum and read this because their ticket system is indeed a horrible idea. Tickets should be for those who want to buy/handle guns, there should be an express lane with an employee dedicated to the sale of parts and consumables. I literally told them this when I went in to the store today, and got the excuse that they were down a staff member...

Regardless, I waited over an hour in a lineup behind half a dozen first-time airsofters who were all sub 15 years old, and all I wanted was to buy some replacement parts. Even worse, when I was finally served, they didn't even have half the parts I needed. Talk about frustrating. Like I get it... If one employee sells a 15 year-old a gun every 15 minutes, win for them, but this is not customer service.

The ticket system is garbage. Two times people without tickets jumped in front of me to "ask questions" then ended up getting service or buying something. I was angry, but could hardly blame the one guy who jumped in front of me who was only in the store to buy fuses.

TA either needs to change the way they service customer or have all their product out so you can grab what you need and go straight to the register.
From now on I'm just going to visit the candy shop less than 10 minutes up the road.

Last edited by AnthonyG; June 6th, 2015 at 22:21..
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 19:02   #124
SuperHog

I am pretty sure TA is reading these posts. But why should they change? You are willing to line up with a number for an hour...

TA is not exclusive to what they sell. Lots of other dealers to buy from. You are Av'd.

Last edited by SuperHog; June 8th, 2015 at 19:12..
Old June 8th, 2015, 19:15   #125
Danke

There's this thing called the internet where you can buy stuff now.
Old June 8th, 2015, 21:08   #126
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
You just killed the TA ticket lineup.
Old June 8th, 2015, 22:02   #127
QKLee11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
+1

Hopefully someone from TA will get on the forum and read this because their ticket system is indeed a horrible idea. Tickets should be for those who want to buy/handle guns, there should be an express lane with an employee dedicated to the sale of parts and consumables. I literally told them this when I went in to the store today, and got the excuse that they were down a staff member...

Regardless, I waited over an hour in a lineup behind half a dozen first-time airsofters who were all sub 15 years old, and all I wanted was to buy some replacement parts. Even worse, when I was finally served, they didn't even have half the parts I needed. Talk about frustrating. Like I get it... If one employee sells a 15 year-old a gun every 15 minutes, win for them, but this is not customer service.

The ticket system is garbage. Two times people without tickets jumped in front of me to "ask questions" then ended up getting service or buying something. I was angry, but could hardly blame the one guy who jumped in front of me who was only in the store to buy fuses.

TA either needs to change the way they service customer or have all their product out so you can grab what you need and go straight to the register.
From now on I'm just going to visit the candy shop less than 10 minutes up the road.
Hey I understand how you feel, I was there for pick up for NIGHTFALL 4 and other prizes purchased. I had to wait 45 minutes and bought over $1000 worth of product (along with TA Prizes generously donated to the NIGHTFALL 4). They looked like they were short staff on Saturday but their quality of service (thanx Sushi) with me when it was my turn was professional and expedient...

I have always been happy with their service despite not seeing Frank that much anymore lol.

Q

The only knock was I wanted to talk to Frank
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2015, 22:42   #128
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by QKLee11 View Post
Hey I understand how you feel, I was there for pick up for NIGHTFALL 4 and other prizes purchased. I had to wait 45 minutes and bought over $1000 worth of product (along with TA Prizes generously donated to the NIGHTFALL 4). They looked like they were short staff on Saturday but their quality of service (thanx Sushi) with me when it was my turn was professional and expedient...

I have always been happy with their service despite not seeing Frank that much anymore lol.

Q

The only knock was I wanted to talk to Frank
45 mins to give them $1000. The guy in front of me waited 5 mins to buy a $10 part and took up the counter guy's time with stupid questions for over 25 mins and still did not buy the part. I ended up buying a $500 gun from another dealer and didn't have to wait.
Old August 16th, 2015, 11:51   #129
YuriGagarin

I, well mh 13 yr old son actually spent $700 there on two guns and accesories. I asked the saleslady if they could throw in the $15 bottle of pellets for free. She went to the back and returned and said no. She said they give bonuses if u spend $1000. So i said u give a $15 pellet bottle away if you spend a thousand? She said "probably!"

So ATTENTION SHOPPERS 1.5% OFF SALE IF YOU SPEND $1000!!! Jeez talk about cheap! I would have cancelled everything if my son wasnt salivating over his purchase.

Staff here seem a little arrogant. The woman was "ok" but it sounds like a skinflint is running the show here doesnt even give a sales person the freedom to make a call on giving a 2-3% discount.

I will steer my son and the three or four friends of his who are about to buy similar purchases elsewhere.
YuriGagarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 13:05   #130
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriGagarin View Post
I, well mh 13 yr old son actually spent $700 there on two guns and accesories. I asked the saleslady if they could throw in the $15 bottle of pellets for free. She went to the back and returned and said no. She said they give bonuses if u spend $1000. So i said u give a $15 pellet bottle away if you spend a thousand? She said "probably!"

So ATTENTION SHOPPERS 1.5% OFF SALE IF YOU SPEND $1000!!! Jeez talk about cheap! I would have cancelled everything if my son wasnt salivating over his purchase.

Staff here seem a little arrogant. The woman was "ok" but it sounds like a skinflint is running the show here doesnt even give a sales person the freedom to make a call on giving a 2-3% discount.

I will steer my son and the three or four friends of his who are about to buy similar purchases elsewhere.
Hold up.

You're writing a negative review based on a company not giving you something for free?

Since when are companies supposed to give discounts?

TA's pricing is very competitive and they have a physical location with showroom, and staffing... They also host giveaways and sponsor events, and recently opened one of the best indoor arenas in Canada...

I got nothing man.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; August 16th, 2015 at 13:31..
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 14:26   #131
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriGagarin View Post

You spent $700 dollars on equipment and you're griping about a $15 bottle of bb's? What's wrong with a business refusing to haggle when there's set pricing, let alone give away stuff for free? They're a business, after all.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 22:23   #132
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I'll chirp in a bit since I now am an employee at Toronto Airsoft.

The ticket system is used when the store front is really, really busy... it's the fairest way of serving everyone in the order which they entered the store. I know myself we hustle as fast as we can but we also need to help people that really have no clue about the hobby or troubleshoot products that people have and that can slow things down but again no one can argue that it's not fair.

In the couple of weeks I have been there I have had several people ask me about discounts with purchasing lots of products... honestly this is a tough one. Prior to working here I've spent a lot of money in shops and online... if I wanted a deal I'd wait for a sale. I have to ask my boss about it, it's not my call to make as I don't own the store. That being said both Frank and Ken have been accommodating regarding discounts that I've witnessed.

I've been having a blast working at the store, the guys (and gal) are awesome and it's been a lot of fun learning and teaching this hobby... stop by and say hi.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 19:08   #133
lilsphinx90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
there's times where all i need is a bag of bb's and paying $20 flat shipping for a $12 bag of bb's is retarded
sure i could buy stock up and buy 20 bags of bb's to justify the shipping, but i don't want 20 bags
they need to have a dedicated cashier for people making non-gun purchases and some other employee to handle the ticket system
lilsphinx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 22:45   #134
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsphinx90 View Post
they need to have a dedicated cashier for people making non-gun purchases and some other employee to handle the ticket system
I agree 100% here. There should be a express line for small items. A gun sale can take a lot of time, I just wanted a three bags of bb's and had to wait over 20 minutes last week.

Last edited by SuperHog; September 14th, 2015 at 23:45..
Old September 18th, 2015, 23:44   #135
RollingPanda

Felt like adding my experience into the mix here.

I haven't seen any reviews of this place (or any other place to start) and as a disclaimer, I'm totally new to airsoft.

Went into the store Thursday afternoon, 2 employees at the front, 3 customers. I was quickly served by Steve who gave me a quick run through of good beginner AEG rifles and let me hold any rifle to just get a feel for them.

Came again on Friday (today), early afternoon, 4-5 front line employees, 5+ customers. Stayed for 15 mins and couldn't get anyone to help me and I had a training workshop to run to so I had to leave. Came back in the late afternoon, waited just a few minutes and Steve served me again and was really patient in answering my questions.

During my time at the store when there less customers than employees, (after Steve served me), a gentleman wearing a black TA shirt + black cap took the initiative and asked if I needed any help.
This was followed by a female employee who also asked me if I needed any help.

On both days during the time I was there, the ticket system was not used. I was quite happy with the service I received and I will be back.

After skimming this thread though, it seems like Saturdays are a whole different story....in which case I will avoid that.
RollingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews