Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Snipers Corner

:

Other Regions

Old February 11th, 2006, 02:17   #136
DeathSniper
Hibernating Bear

Send a message via ICQ to DeathSniper Send a message via AIM to DeathSniper Send a message via MSN to DeathSniper Send a message via Skype™ to DeathSniper
Sure add my name. I have no idea what's going on though. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to comprehend.
SF - "Neal! You are the one!"
DeathSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 04:45   #137
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
i'm not sure why we're collecting names, i'm sure all the admins have seen this thread a thousand times. it'd probably be more useful discussing proposed admins for the section as well as suggestions for subsections and structure of the whole deal to show that we're actually interested in having this go somewhere than boosting post counts with fascinating contributions such as "interested".

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:14   #138
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

The purpose of the list of names is to facilitate the admins jobs, as im sure they have a life other than airsoft :nod: rather than having to sift through on who is interested and so on, all they have to do is view the list and if need be copy paste.

As for the subsections, that is the idea is to have a separate section for airsoft snipers, then have sebsections, ie.
Equipment: BA, APS2, M700, VSR10, etc. Upgrades can be discussed within the respective thread related to that BA.
AEG: PSG1, G3, etc. Upgrades can be discussed within the respective thread related to that AEG.
Ghillie suits: discussion oh how to make these, as well as where to get the materials to make these, and which type of ghillie suit is best for what enviorment and style of play.
optics: rifle scope, spotting scope, binos, etc different manufactureres will be discussed as well as discussions on various scope settings, etc.
Tactics/Fieldcraft self explanatory
Cam/concealment self explanatory
sniper ammo: bb's and weight and how they affect velocity, trajectory as well as range and other factors.

As for reviews, those can go under the review section, unless the mods decide otherwise. Speaking of which who would like to see reviews pertaining to sniper weapons under the sniper section?

I think I have covered it all, for some reason I have a feeling I missed out on something....as usual :banghead: .......
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:18   #139
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Reviews on the gun arent needed in the sniper section. However reviews on the upgraded gun and reviews ont he upgrades themselves would be good.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:51   #140
BloodSport
Traveling Man

I personally do not see why a sniper specific section is needed, because then your going to have the support people wanting a support section, and the assault players an assault section and so on. If your titles are properly labelled, and clear in description then the search feature makes it easy to find sniper related information.

And dont get me wrong, I like sniping, I have a gun set up for sniping. I'm not built to be running and gunning, and spend most of my time creeping and digging in. But I find all the info I need via search either here or on other forums.
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:29   #141
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
There is an area for specific gear why not sniping? Sniping is one of the things with loads of misconceptions and things that need to be dispelled.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:35   #142
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Well actually there is one section for gear, then there is a Themed Airsoft section (is that what you meant?) if so then yeah put a sniping section in the themed section, but no need for all the other threads. After all Assault, Support, etc do not have them.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Old February 11th, 2006, 17:51   #143
Drake
E-01

i'm not sure i see a need for so many subsections... or you'll end up with half a dozen subsections with about 5-10 posts in each.
Old February 11th, 2006, 20:19   #144
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Thats why we are discusssing this, what will work best, but ultimatley we would like to see a section dedicated to the airsoft sniping world, for both the new guys and veterans. It would also clear up alot of issues as to what us airsoft snipers really do, it is to give all an understanding.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 20:41   #145
Drake
E-01

I know, that's why I mentioned it If something eventually takes up so much space, it can get a subsection then.

Also, maybe too early now, but when the section opens it might be interesting to have people post what kind of setup they're using, and what kind of sniper role they prefer playing. I know many use the traditional BA and ghillie kinda setup, but there's a handful of people with alternative setups, be it SWAT or designated marksman, or even a WW2 sniper impression (I'm also thinking there's probably some of the Nam/InCountry folks in the sniper role, too? I'm always impressed by how together the InCountry players' shit is.)
Old February 11th, 2006, 21:08   #146
Valcrow

Send a message via MSN to Valcrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic
As for the subsections, that is the idea is to have a separate section for airsoft snipers, then have sebsections, ie.
Equipment: BA, APS2, M700, VSR10, etc. Upgrades can be discussed within the respective thread related to that BA.
AEG: PSG1, G3, etc. Upgrades can be discussed within the respective thread related to that AEG.
Ghillie suits: discussion oh how to make these, as well as where to get the materials to make these, and which type of ghillie suit is best for what enviorment and style of play.
optics: rifle scope, spotting scope, binos, etc different manufactureres will be discussed as well as discussions on various scope settings, etc.
Tactics/Fieldcraft self explanatory
Cam/concealment self explanatory
sniper ammo: bb's and weight and how they affect velocity, trajectory as well as range and other factors.
I think a lot of those can go into broader catagories.. 3 is probably the maximum subsections I would go for. These are forums afterall we can post about whatever it is as long as the section is relatively related. I propose:

-Gun Tech and equipment (upgrades, scopes, mounts, guns, and the almighty teflon tape etc.)
-Camo, Fieldcraft, and loadout
-Tactics, Movement, Team roles and other sniper discussions

oh put me on the list too plz.
Old February 11th, 2006, 21:51   #147
SKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcrow
I think a lot of those can go into broader catagories.. 3 is probably the maximum subsections I would go for. These are forums afterall we can post about whatever it is as long as the section is relatively related. I propose:

-Gun Tech and equipment (upgrades, scopes, mounts, guns, and the almighty teflon tape etc.)
-Camo, Fieldcraft, and loadout
-Tactics, Movement, Team roles and other sniper discussions
I agree. I think that would make sense.
Old February 11th, 2006, 23:02   #148
Danny Cyanide

Send a message via MSN to Danny Cyanide
Interested, stick me on the list
Danny Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 21:04   #149
manchovie

Send a message via ICQ to manchovie Send a message via AIM to manchovie Send a message via MSN to manchovie
Quote:
The purpose of the list of names is to facilitate the admins jobs, as im sure they have a life other than airsoft :nod: rather than having to sift through on who is interested and so on, all they have to do is view the list and if need be copy paste.
yes, but what do they need a list of names for if it's going to be a public section? that is silly. isn't this thread's existance proof enough that there is interest in a section like this?
as for making a special section for assault/support etc. it'd be more of a guide than a place of discussion and experiments and thus less of a need for it being a forum exists. there is a HUGE amount of undocumented airsoft sniper knowledge in this community and if this is the way to get it in writing then so be it.
valcrow seems to be thinking straight, good on you. wake up people, use your heads.

my b/s rating
manchovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2006, 21:12   #150
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchovie
Quote:
yes, but what do they need a list of names for if it's going to be a public section? that is silly. isn't this thread's existance proof enough that there is interest in a section like this?
as for making a special section for assault/support etc. it'd be more of a guide than a place of discussion and experiments and thus less of a need for it being a forum exists. there is a HUGE amount of undocumented airsoft sniper knowledge in this community and if this is the way to get it in writing then so be it.
valcrow seems to be thinking straight, good on you. wake up people, use your heads.
It was some kind of petition for the mods to see how much people where interested.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions