Ak105 sbr

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 19th, 2010, 00:31   #16
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
You just slide off the entire front sight block forward after you get the pin out. There's nothing else to it
...seriously? How hard do you need to force the damn thing? It would not budge! I'll give it another shot once I find a screw small enough for that 24mm thread.

Thanks.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:38   #17
hutch1970

Con3jo- I have this exact same rifle. To first remove the top handguard, remove the handguard removel pin ( just in front of your elevation sight) by unscrewing the phillipe head screw in front of your elevation site on the left hand side. Push the pin out gently while gripping it on the right side with a twisting motion. Now wiggle or work the top handguard upwards. When you do this (with an upwards, towards the front tilt ), jiggle the gas tube until it breaks slightly up and loose to remove it. It will be tight-go carefully. Once you have done this,you will find there is a notched aperature where the gas tube breaks just in front of the lower handguard, this is the lower handguard retention ring. Jiggle it forward. Once you have removed the upper handguard, this lower ring will slide forward. Now gently, but firmly, pull the lower handguard down from the front with a slight forward pull. Now your handguards should be removed. Reverse the procedure to reassemble. Peace. Hope this helps you.

Edit* I have not bothered to remove the front sight block yet, but if you seriously want to know how, I would be willing to give it a go and let you know my findings.

Last edited by hutch1970; March 19th, 2010 at 02:55..
hutch1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 22:08   #18
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1970 View Post
Con3jo- I have this exact same rifle. To first remove the top handguard, remove the handguard removel pin ( just in front of your elevation sight) by unscrewing the phillipe head screw in front of your elevation site on the left hand side. Push the pin out gently while gripping it on the right side with a twisting motion. Now wiggle or work the top handguard upwards. When you do this (with an upwards, towards the front tilt ), jiggle the gas tube until it breaks slightly up and loose to remove it. It will be tight-go carefully. Once you have done this,you will find there is a notched aperature where the gas tube breaks just in front of the lower handguard, this is the lower handguard retention ring. Jiggle it forward. Once you have removed the upper handguard, this lower ring will slide forward. Now gently, but firmly, pull the lower handguard down from the front with a slight forward pull. Now your handguards should be removed. Reverse the procedure to reassemble. Peace. Hope this helps you.

Edit* I have not bothered to remove the front sight block yet, but if you seriously want to know how, I would be willing to give it a go and let you know my findings.
If you are able to move the front sight block PLEASE let me know and how you did lmfao. My front sight.. tilts slightly to the right so my sights dont align up quite right.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion