Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE M4 c02 Mags, good or bad? They seem uncommonly mentioned (and available) and hard to find.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 28th, 2021, 07:43   #1
XOIIO

WE M4 c02 Mags, good or bad? They seem uncommonly mentioned (and available) and hard to find.

Hi all, so I ordered a gun that's basically an M4, but not since I don't want to have a gun that countless other people have, and I like unique, odd looking (and maybe kind of ugly) guns.

Anyhow, I bought it thinking that I could pick up some c02 magazines to go with it, however they seem hard to find, only result being hero outdoors with tan ones, and I want black.

Doing some searching around, I've seen a couple comments that say they are prone to leaking, and are hard to fix, but I'm not seeing much talk about them in general, so wanted to hear from people who have had some first hand experience.

I was looking forward to having a gun that works well in chilly weather, but are the WE c02 mags just not very good, or are they just hard to find for some other reason?
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2021, 21:02   #2
Drake
E-01

Their performance in coolder weather isn't much different than the regular mags. The co2 mags have a lot of flow restrictions on the inside and in 10-15 degree weather they actually shoot slightly weaker than propane.

My recommendation is get the regular mags and use either MAPP/Pro or Nuprol Winter gas for colder weather.
Old March 29th, 2021, 01:33   #3
XOIIO

Wait, seriously, propane is better than them in the cold?

Well... shit, I wasn't expecting that. Bummer because I was hoping for a better cold weather gun and something more consistent than my scar.

Guess I'll just find green gas mags then. huh.
XOIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2021, 08:37   #4
jeffery163

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOIIO View Post
Hi all, so I ordered a gun that's basically an M4, but not since I don't want to have a gun that countless other people have, and I like unique, odd looking (and maybe kind of ugly) guns.

Anyhow, I bought it thinking that I could pick up some c02 magazines to go with it, however they seem hard to find, only result being hero outdoors with tan ones, and I want black.

Doing some searching around, I've seen a couple comments that say they are prone to leaking, and are hard to fix, but I'm not seeing much talk about them in general, so wanted to hear from people who have had some first hand experience.

I was looking forward to having a gun that works well in chilly weather, but are the WE c02 mags just not very good, or are they just hard to find for some other reason?
It's a nice gun, just little flaws. Yes, they are prone to leakage
jeffery163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2021, 08:41   #5
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOIIO View Post
Wait, seriously, propane is better than them in the cold?

Well... shit, I wasn't expecting that. Bummer because I was hoping for a better cold weather gun and something more consistent than my scar.

Guess I'll just find green gas mags then. huh.

In the cold the Co2 will perform a bit better than propane, but not by much due to the restrictions (it will keep shooting but will shoot weak).

Hence using regular mags with a stronger gas is better in cold weather.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion