Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M carbine sniper?

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:57   #1
Belaslav

M carbine sniper?

From your experience, which of the M carbine series can be used as a hand-held analog to a sniper rifle?
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:02   #2
-Skeletor-
a hand held analog to a sniper rifle ? wtf does that mean

If you got money, you can probably turn a M16A2/4 into a M110/SR25 SASR. But you won't be turning a M4 into a Sniper/Designated Marksman rifle. Well I guess if you get a M4, a longer barrel an hide it in a supressor you can get a Designated Marksman rifle.

Get yourself age verified and you can start looking in the For Sale section and probably be able to buy a pre made one or the stock AEG and the pieces you need to upgrade.

Last edited by -Skeletor-; March 22nd, 2010 at 10:07..
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:29   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
A carbine will never be a "sniper rifle" or DMR.
That's why it's called a carbine.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:35   #4
Conker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
If you got money, you can probably turn a M16A2/4 into a M110/SR25 SASR
There wouldn't be much left from the M16 since the M110 and SR25 are 7.62 while the M16 is 5.56... and the gearboxes in the 7.62 armalite variantes is a modified V2 (it's longuer).
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:43   #5
-Skeletor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
There wouldn't be much left from the M16 since the M110 and SR25 are 7.62 while the M16 is 5.56...

I know this, but we are talking about Airsoft here not real weapons. And a modified M16 will still look like a M110 aside from a few small issues, ie size of magwell, forward assist, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
and the gearboxes in the 7.62 armalite variantes is a modified V2 (it's longuer).
I don't know whats on the market for pre made M110/SR25s or their internals, but you don't have to have "7.62" sized V2 in a airsoft DMR. If you can actually get a M110/SR25 body, awesome if not a M16/M4 body will work aside from some cosmetic differences. All depends on how accurate you wanna get.

Or just go for a USMC 5.56 SAMR based off a M16A4 AEG

Last edited by -Skeletor-; March 22nd, 2010 at 10:46..
Old March 22nd, 2010, 13:36   #6
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

in airsoft it doesnt make any fucking difference, just take any long barreled AR platform, put a scope on it and you have a DMR right there.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 13:47   #7
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Guys I think his question was, which can be used as a hand-held side-arm type deal for a sniper rifle. IE, he wants to have his sniper rifle, and then some AR15 type rifle as a secondary...

You can make a mad stubby version. If you want to go for un-realism, I've seen people get little sling-attachment end caps for their AEGs. It will be unrealistic, since no matter what an AR15 has to have a buffer tube IRL, but it will be small. And then a super short front end kit. Not much stock comes like this. The only thing I can think of is the WA Patriot GBBR pistol. You would need to make one yourself from scratch or by buying an M4 and then replacing the stock and front kit. In which case, it doesn't matter what you start with, just whatever is available to you.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 14:02   #8
Conker

You're right, in airsoft it's still 6mm... which is why 70% of airsoft is that, looks. And a 7.62 platform has a much different look, in my opinion. But that, is my opinion...+

EDIT: Oh, re-reading the OP, looks like ujiro is right... he's looking for a secondary.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 14:25   #9
Belaslav

Ugghhh... my inability to formulate proper wording will be the end of me. Lol. :banghead:

What I meant was an M4 or an M16 carbine model that can be used as a sniper rifle(or DMR, as some put it), something long-barreled. I was hoping someone who used them before for accurate long-range shots would post a specific model or something. I hope that clears it up.
Belaslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 14:26   #10
Conker

Oh. SAM-R and SPR are probably your best bets.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 16:55   #11
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

G&P SAMR
Or how about a nice awesome XM110??
However, it's worth mentioning that M16 type rifles don't make very good DMR's to begin with. I'm not saying you can't make it awesome, but it's way more difficult to get an M16 to shoot amazing than it is something like a G3SG1 or AUG.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 17:10   #12
yuhaoyang
asexual lumbricus terrestris

Send a message via MSN to yuhaoyang
why is that?
I find it is actually very easy, I've not run into many problems for mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
The chinese steal everything. Haven't seen an original idea come out of that country yet.
yuhaoyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 19:08   #13
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Depends on what kind of day the assembly worker is having. Some M4's I've been able to get max range and accuracy, some have a demon issue with feeding, some (Like my old G&P RASII) had every kind of problem you could imagine! The accuracy on my M4 never got REALLY stable until I replaced the metal body...
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 20:45   #14
kalnaren

+1 on the G3SG1. A G36 with a tightbore is also awesome. The hop-up in the G3 and G36 (I think the AUG is the same) is a barrel type, which IMO is far superior to the M16-style hop-up.

A "carbine" is a shortend version of the gun... sniper rifles and DMRs are generally long.. so you have a bit of a mismatch there. That's not to say a carbine can't be accurate.. but I'd never call an M4 a DMR.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 22:33   #15
Tommygun_ted

this is kindof a thought here, just wondering, ive heard in airsoft, since the guns arent as accurate as real steel, some people measure accuracy by how many rounds you can put on a target, meaning you have a higher chance of hitting them due to the higher number of BB's aimed at them. with that in mind, wouldnt a good airsoft DMR be something like an M249 or RPK with a scope? feel free to call me a retard, but it does make sence in a way :P
Tommygun_ted is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank