Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ops-center

:

Airsoft Media

Old April 20th, 2012, 21:38   #16
Al3xqc

At least don't use a default intro effect that 90% of people use on youtube, doesn't look very professional from the eye of an artist but at least it looks like an interesting project.

Loadout : AEG AKS-47 - 400 FPS
Al3xqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 15:08   #17
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
Flagswipe's Location is quite messed up

- Sometimes it shows in friend's profiles and stuff that I'm from the United Kingdom lol...
--- e.g. friend shows he's from Chatham, or even Oakville when they live nowhere close either.
- Buggy Weapon Options area too. (Removed everything since clicking remove, it would remove another line instead)
Its Beta data - stuff's getting moved around a f'd up. We'll clear the DB before going into production.
Old May 15th, 2012, 15:12   #18
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Here, thought you guys might like this screen...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2d9zxhqqg...rsampleCTR.png
Old May 15th, 2012, 15:18   #19
Conker

- Will there be groups/search tags for games? In other words, a quick way to filter WWII games, Vietnam games, multi-day ops, etc... or search for games by organizers (instead of just by hosting field).
- A way to manage invite-only games?
- A way to "pin" games you're interested in? (basically, keep the link to games you're interested so they don't get lost within a mess of other games, yet without committing by signing up. Useful for trying to get the day off, etc...)
- A list on the homepage of the games you signed up/pinned?
- Automated email reminders to remind you to get your gear ready at X time (user-set variable) before the game?

Overall a good idea, it could indeed help plan games. We already have a similar system for the Quebec area, but it's getting hold, and its use is limited to signing up only.

Last edited by Conker; May 15th, 2012 at 15:25..
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 17:15   #20
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
- Will there be groups/search tags for games? In other words, a quick way to filter WWII games, Vietnam games, multi-day ops, etc... or search for games by organizers (instead of just by hosting field).
- A way to manage invite-only games?
- A way to "pin" games you're interested in? (basically, keep the link to games you're interested so they don't get lost within a mess of other games, yet without committing by signing up. Useful for trying to get the day off, etc...)
- A list on the homepage of the games you signed up/pinned?
- Automated email reminders to remind you to get your gear ready at X time (user-set variable) before the game?

Overall a good idea, it could indeed help plan games. We already have a similar system for the Quebec area, but it's getting hold, and its use is limited to signing up only.
- the search and filter feature is very robust. The geo-location/distance setting will reduce hits on games that are outside your desired travel area, further reducing the list to a managable size. Tag based filters are interesting idea.

- invite only games. why post an invite only game on a system designed to syndicate games to solicit players? Im not sure thats a useful direction for us

- pining games: Like function then look at your likes

- your profile lists games past and present, played and/or hosted

- there is extensive email notifications already built in with more to come. Cool part is you can control notifications through a consent system that lets you set only those notifications you want to receive

I've not seen anything that comes close to what OPSc does all in one site. The part you cant see is the flexible underlying framework that is going to let us innovate the tool at a pretty rapid rate.

Keep the ideas coming!
Old May 15th, 2012, 17:39   #21
Conker

Great to hear (read)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
your profile lists games past and present, played and/or hosted
I meant more like listing the upcoming games that you signed up to.

As for private games/invite only, I was thinking for games like Rhino or other similar were each side cannot see the other side's players.
Old May 15th, 2012, 17:42   #22
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conker View Post
Great to hear (read)

I meant more like listing the upcoming games that you signed up to.

As for private games/invite only, I was thinking for games like Rhino or other similar were each side cannot see the other side's players.
ah so an anonymous side feature? interesting idea....
Old May 15th, 2012, 17:58   #23
Conker

Yeah pretty much. Like having different confidentiality levels:

0 - Everyone can see everyone
1 - You can see how many spots are filled & available on each side, not the names
(once signed up with a side, you can see who is there)
2 - You can only see if there are spots left
(once signed up with a side, you can see who is there)

Something like that...

But for it to work each signup would need to be vetted by a game admin so someone doesn't sign up just to see who's there and then switch sides...
Old May 15th, 2012, 18:16   #24
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
I'm also hoping for a way to move players onto special teams. If I have roles needing filled. people can apply and I can move them to those groups if I decide to use them?

Great so far. you need more themes
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 18:34   #25
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
I really like this idea as well... just show a % filled .. so you don't know who or how many are on the other side
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 20:52   #26
Trev140_0

Quote:
Building on this, I run games that are pre screened and are not open to the general public.

In short, our fileds product is "the people". While that sounds corny,you can have the best field in the world, but if it is poisoned by shit heads, flakers etc, it will die on the vine in time.

So any tool that can help a private field get the word out, but not turn our field into a saturday afternoon pizza party is all good with me.

Sounds like you are on track!

"....Your life is ending one minute at a time..."

Last edited by Trev140_0; May 15th, 2012 at 20:58..
Trev140_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:03   #27
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Just to freshen up the thread, we're on track for a June 1 general release. We're going to keep the current database and just selectively delete the test data - this also lets us test our admin tools. Just from the beta alone there are over 125 users, many from ASC so we don't want to kill that momentum by making people sign up again.

Love the ideas guys, keep them coming. We're working on a 90 day roadmap, post release and stuff like secret players, secret teams, private/public games and genre tagging and filtering are on the list. Right now we're dealing with all the mundane and boring stuff associated with setting up a new web service such as administration, the banner engine, friending features, etc.

Some of the new stuff we've added in the last two weeks include:
- dead simple benefactor and vendor banner purchasing (thank you Freshbooks & Beanstream! European payment engines next.)
- Updated Privacy Policy and TOS to meet several high level standards for processing partners
- Banner CTR's and IMPs now available - no guessing as to how your banner is doing
- Event View Impressions - see how popular your Event page is!
- Event directions button - Google maps a route to the event from your home pin - printer friendly output
- Event level invitations in addition to site level invites
- Notification control panel - control what notifications you want to receive
- Front page Events list shows how many friends have joined an event
- Side waiting list when the desired side to join is full
- Front page map size persistence (argh, finally!)
- Banner cycling, exposure is not random, ensures fair and equal banner positioning and impressions
- security audit and tightening up (ongoing/using a vulnerability testing service)
- Hundreds of little adjustments, tweaks and crushed bugs

One cool feature we are working on right now is called "ChatterBox". ChatterBox will backtrack any discussion board that an embedded game announcement JPG has been placed in and will index it within a tab on the Event page. This way, if you syndicate the game at multiple discussion boards (or someone else does), a list of those boards and the URLs to the event discussion is automatically built and displayed with full links. This will enshrine Ops-Center as a portal point for online airsoft games and discussion syndication without displacing much loved and working discussion boards. Provincial/State or national games can have a central game control point (Ops-Center) without giving up regional or specialized discussion groups or boards. Ie: have your cake and eat it too!

Another cool feature that will appear very shortly is the ability to transfer Ownership/Control of an Event, Field, Vendor or Team from one person to another. This way crowd-sourced data made by a fan or non-owner can find its way to its rightful owner as they come online and discover Ops-Center. This is also useful for Event hosts who want to pass control of an Event to another host once it reaches a milestone.

So, we are under a week away from Phase 1 being done and the site going production. Phase 2's theme will be usability, communications, and enhanced notifications that will let you more easily follow your friends, favorite hosts and fields so you don't miss that important game.

-- 'crow
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:24   #28
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
RSS feed's are a must. I run ASM and would love to be able to display a list of all MB based games hosted on your site, on mine. Allow people to click through to your site for registration. But let the games be displayed on our site in a simple manner. which will show the basic needed info (name, date, location, age, cost)

But liking it so far!
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:47   #29
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
RSS feed's are a must. I run ASM and would love to be able to display a list of all MB based games hosted on your site, on mine. Allow people to click through to your site for registration. But let the games be displayed on our site in a simple manner. which will show the basic needed info (name, date, location, age, cost)

But liking it so far!
RSS is dead simple.

Have a look at an Event so you can see the datafields we are using and let me know what is useful to you in an RSS feed. Also we're looking longer term at supplying an API that would let you query the service for specific data, as thats really the way the web is going.

Have you played with the Share button yet on an event and tried embedding the JPG?
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:56   #30
bizkilter

Wow

This thing looks great ") I can't wait to give it a spin.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media