Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need a new gun for milsims

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:09   #1
badrelko

Need a new gun for milsims

hey guys so i just finished my first milsim with my Tar-21 and it doesnt work for me the balance im not comfortable with and the grip and trigger doesnt fit my hands so anyways im looking for a new gun and yes ive searched up these guns but there isnt a whole lot on them.

Magpul PTS Masada Streamline Version

A&K Masada

ICS G33

Echo1 Robinsons Armament XCR-L

basically Im looking for a decent quality gun that doesnt need to be upgraded internally other than maybe a tightbore. I dont want an M4 but i would like something that takes M4 magazines as almost everyone i play with uses something that has M4 mags. my price range is up to $350(or $400ish if it has optics). any other suggestions would help and ill hopefully be age verified soon so ill be looking there soon to but i would rather a brand new gun.

badrelko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:14   #2
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I have the A&K Masada. It is a great gun, shoots very straight at 280 fps stock. Very solid construction. Place for a good sized battery. The stock hop up is a little cheap though being clear plastic. If you get it I suggest getting the after market metal hop up.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:03   #3
badrelko

That sounds a lot like someone I knows m4 :P Also I wanna ad to the list the dboys scar it seems like a nice gun but mixed reviews on it I love the scar but would like to hear from an owner of one

Old June 17th, 2013, 11:46   #4
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
A&K Masada is good, but the Magpul version is slightly better (not the streamlined version). Both are great though and simply upgrading the hop up, barrel, adding a MOSFET and lipo battery you are pretty much there.

Plastic hop up does not indicate a cheap hop up perse. Yes, the majority of them are better, but That's also because they come with upgraded hop up hardware, nub, rubber, etc. This said, hop ups are usually the first thing you want to upgrade one most rifles.

The only gun I have seen thus far with a great stock hop up and rubber is the G&G SCAR-L. Comes with a polymer hop up shell with a medium density green rubber and nub. I own one and it reaches beyond 150ft in tight groupings consistently using .28s and .30s. That's just one example of what I was talking about with regards to plastic hop ups. I also use an 11.1 lipo without a MOSFET and after 22k plus BBs my contacts are still perfect, although I would advise when using any lipo to use a FET.

It seems you want to go the non-generic route with your primary (meaning not an AK/AR platform). My recommendation would be the G&G or VFC SCAR-L. All I have done to my G&G is a TBB. I have replaced the hop up rubber with the same G&G green rubber after 15k BBs and the only thing to fair has been the trigger reset spring which costs like $2-3. This model is more expensive ($460 stock), but if you want to get a quality gun that will last a long time, require few upgrades, and that performs very well you need to invest a little more than the mediocre $200-350 rifles. There are a few models like CYMA AKs that are very cheap and are beasts out of the box, but most others you need to spend a little more to get what you are looking for: an out of the box rifle that performs optimally with minimal upgrading required.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:55   #5
5kull

Not on your list, my favorite Airsoft, VFC Knights Armament PDW. Not an M4 but takes M4 mags. Needs nothing out of the box, very versatile, inner barrel if you want a bit more precision, you can change the barrel length at will. Folded it fits in a briefcase. Doesn't need optics, it's a natural, point and shoot. Little bit more expensive then your budget new, but a lot more for your money if you can wait

VFC Knights Armament PDW - YouTube
5kull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 13:13   #6
badrelko

Thanks for the replies guys

Ive heard lots of good things about the VFC and G&G i know a few guys who have them but brand new im not willing to pay the price cause already with my budget i will be spending $500 on mags and accessories and the SCAR is that after shipping so it is out of my price range until i get AVed lol i am leanign towards the masadas as the streamline only difference seems to be different stock and cheaper stock magazine

thanks 5kull for the advice but that looks to much like an M4 for me lol it is a good gun and I know a guy who has one I think but like I said the M4 look is not for me :P

Old June 17th, 2013, 13:22   #7
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Personally owned and used the echo1 xcr-l
Solid gun no creaks it wobbles. Does not come with any sights iron or otherwise.
Its stock spring had it shooting at around 400 nail driver and rather impressive accuracy.
Now this gun is plastic. This includes the whole rail assembly. It can be a downfall if you end up switching stuff on and off of it. Its a bit picky with mags too I've noticed you have to sometime wiggle the mag for the catch to engage and feed.
Getting the gearbox out is another feat. Its a pain in the ass. Echo also loves their Allen screws so make sure you have a large selection as the mag release is tiny and annoying.

If you are looking for a cheap gun just to skirmish its ok.
But for upgrading and such I do not recommend it.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 13:48   #8
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

pretty sure e1 xcr is just a vfc made to e1 specs... I'd just buy the vfc one.
Old June 17th, 2013, 14:39   #9
MonnoncMaxou

I might be wrong but, isn't the whole point of a bullpup design, such as the TAR-21, the fact that's a more maneuverable, controllable and balanced, weight wise, weapon? Because the guns you've listed will probably end up being front heavy, especially the Echo1 Robinsons Armament XCR-L.

From what you've listed I'd opt for the Masada simply because they should be lighter than the other choices, which will end up being a huge benefit for long milsim games.
Old June 17th, 2013, 14:57   #10
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

in realsteel.. yes.

in airsoft? not so much.. things are hollow, different construction, different densities, different weight... battery presence, ammo weight, etc.

One of the few real steel benefits of a bullpup that remain is usually the size and maneuverability of the gun in cqb... you generally have to drop your sights when entering a room with a regular gun, but with say a tar-21 or p90 you can just step right in and turn right away without hitting the door frame.
Old June 17th, 2013, 15:06   #11
theshaneler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnoncMaxou View Post
I might be wrong but, isn't the whole point of a bullpup design, such as the TAR-21, the fact that's a more maneuverable, controllable and balanced, weight wise, weapon? Because the guns you've listed will probably end up being front heavy, especially the Echo1 Robinsons Armament XCR-L.

From what you've listed I'd opt for the Masada simply because they should be lighter than the other choices, which will end up being a huge benefit for long milsim games.
main advantage to a bullpup is is a long barrel with a shorter overall length. In real steel, a bullpup may be better weighted, but i have found all airsoft ones to be really butt heavy, caused by the gearbox being right at the back end. i find them all really uncomfortable and i find reloading to be awkward as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
Look at all the fucks no one gives Miles, look at them. There is a lot of fucks not being given.
theshaneler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2013, 15:28   #12
MonnoncMaxou

No doubt that reloading must be a pain. Thanks for your observations.
Old June 17th, 2013, 16:47   #13
badrelko

That's exactly it its not the weight of the overall gun but the way its balanced it was awkward for me to use.

And the CQB pros didn't really apply as the rest of my squad had longer guns than me at nightfall and they never had issues and they did more room clearing than I did and ATM for me its between the Masada streamline and the a&k Masada but I'm leaning towards the a&k as it has a nice stock and longer barrel

P.S. it is a pain to reload bullpups

Old June 17th, 2013, 22:29   #14
MonnoncMaxou

Bit old but might help you http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=115826
Old June 18th, 2013, 09:20   #15
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Not to mention airsoft bullpups have REALLY shitty triggers. The aug being one of the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
you generally have to drop your sights when entering a room with a regular gun, but with say a tar-21 or p90 you can just step right in and turn right away without hitting the door frame.
I don't know how you're clearing rooms with an M4, but you're doing it wrong lol
I used to do CQB with a G3-SG1 and not once did I ever have to drop the gun to enter a room. I've only ever lowered it to move around objects, but it's the same case with any rifle caliber bullpup.
When it comes to SMGs an MP5 compared to a P90 is fairly comparable in CQB, of course the P90 is better since it's got the forward profile of a pistol lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion