Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

how serious?

:

General

Old February 1st, 2013, 15:26   #1
boogiebot

how serious?

I am totally new to airsoft. as some of you may know I just recently purchased my first gun and some gear. a few of my friends and myself decided to give this a try. it looks like a fun weekend thing to do and gives a bit of a break from family and kids.

As I dig deeper into the sport I am starting to realize that some people take this pretty serious. From what kind of gear to wear (is this what a specific force would wear), to running drills with their teams. Since I have not had a chance to really play or be involved with the sport for long I really could not tell you what kind of player I will end up being. My gut tells me that it will be more of a fun thing to just get out and blow some steam.

I am curious to hear from you guys how you play and how serious you take it.
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:30   #2
TaroBear

I think some people here take it very (too) seriously. For some people, it's training for their real-life employment. For people like me, it's about as serious as reading a book or playing a video game: entertainment. It's the adult version of playing with water guns.
TaroBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:31   #3
boogiebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaroBear View Post
I think some people here take it very (too) seriously. For some people, it's training for their real-life employment. For people like me, it's about as serious as reading a book or playing a video game: entertainment. It's the adult version of playing with water guns.
I can definitely see the appeal to the game. It really is a live first person shooter.
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:40   #4
NANA
yte

For lots of us it is as close as we will ever get or want to get for that matter to real combat. Plus you get the chance to shoot your buddies.

It is as serious as you make it. When I am in game I try to act as one would in a real situation. Or at least how I feel they would act. But at the end of the day it is just a fun game, fantastic stress relief, great excercise and an over all good time.

Nothing just happens, You always have to strive...
NANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:40   #5
TurlteRaph

Being a newie with guns and gears, I have yet to check out/involve with a game yet. I want to do it for fun and not get too serious about it. I have so much things going on and I need to have an activity for relaxation. Some people take up golf, but I rather doing something that is more exciting.

In fact, I so not want to be overly serious about it. I just want to play.
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:40   #6
QUATTROISKING
LOVES helmets!

Don't shoot me more than 10 times or I'll charge you!

Not to hate on anyone, this is my personal opinion. I have a full swat loadout, but I will never! Ever wear or buy a Tac helmet, I would feel like a child dressing up.
But don't mind other people wearing them. I'm one of those people that always feels like everyone is always looking at me and judging me. But to each there own.
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:48   #7
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
it really depends what kind of games you plan to play, if you go to milsims, then yes, most people will take it pretty seriously, if you go to CQBs and skirmishes, its less serious and generally more people messing around for fun,

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:53   #8
Nickaayyy

I started airsoft for the realism and I like to play realistic as possible. But I'm here for fun mainly and even in my death I want to make it fun (love to simulate a wound or an execution from a knife, etc.)

For my equipment im like QUATTROISKING, building a full multicam equipment like the army use except for the helmet. Fell like it's too big for my head and I look idiot, so I just wear a bandana.
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:06   #9
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUATTROISKING View Post
Not to hate on anyone, this is my personal opinion. I have a full swat loadout, but I will never! Ever wear or buy a Tac helmet, I would feel like a child dressing up.
But don't mind other people wearing them. I'm one of those people that always feels like everyone is always looking at me and judging me. But to each there own.
The first time you slip on a water slick floor and crack your noggin, you may change your mind.

helmets are actually a key piece of gear.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:09   #10
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

If you go out to your average skirmish game on fhe weekend you will find it is a prety relaxed environment for the most part.
Yes you will get some of the mord "hardcore" milsim types at those games but noone is really gonna judge you on your gead or gun choice and you will find that airsofters are for thd most part friendly helpfull and tolerant of people. Just not those who are unsafe.
Lotta guys just wear jeans and such the "contractor" look if you will. Others will wear full matching camo and vest and apropriate gun to try for a certian impression say navy seals as an example. Then u got yer ww2 guys and such. At a 24 hour milsim type game there most likely will be a chain of command so u will have to listen and follow orders to some extent and probably wear a certian camo for the team u are on but still at the end of the day 90% of airsofters are just there to have fun just like u and swap "war stories" once its all done so dont sweat it too much just get out and play and have fun and youll do just fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:09   #11
ShelledPants

Quote:
To chime in with Brian above.

I have hit my head way more often than I should probably admit... I only started wearing a helmet last year and while I only wear one in the woods if I've got NODs on, I will always wear one in urban or CQB environment, as I have slipped and hit and fallen on and pushed, and pulled around and hit my head in numerous ways... Over the last year with the helmet... it makes it hurt a lot less.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:12   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

Quote:

let me get this straight.

You have a fake gun

you wear fake police gear that says SWAT on it

you run around a facility shooting PEWPEW at other people who are like dressed, who pretend to die when they get hit to suddenly be reborn somewhere else in the facility to re-enter the engagement.

and you won't wear a helmet because you think it will make you look like a kid playing dress up?

WAT.

I play so I don't sit on my ass in front of the tv or computer when I can be enjoying nice weather and better health by running around shooting my friends for laughs.

I have a team, but we're all like minded individuals who like to run around shooting friends for laughs. At times we DO practice drills to be able to more effectively shoot members of the other team for laughs.
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:13   #13
TurlteRaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
Lotta guys just wear jeans and such the "contractor" look if you will. Others will wear full matching camo and vest and apropriate gun to try for a certian impression say navy seals as an example.
I most likely will be wearing jeans for my first game, because I am having a hard time finding pants that fit.
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:28   #14
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurlteRaph View Post
I most likely will be wearing jeans for my first game, because I am having a hard time finding pants that fit.
Wear some old jeans or cargo pants good boots some knee pads and a khaki black white or green coloured shirt run an m4 or an ak and you will look just like a military contractor in afghanistan

Yer average pmc guys. Prolly the easyest kit to build cause we all have most of it at home alrdy.
If yoi have a badass beard and stache yer alrdy one up on alot of guys lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:32   #15
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

I've been working on my operator beard.