BioShot bio-BBs

:

Reviews

Old April 22nd, 2013, 13:26   #16
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0M View Post
correction... I was running a 6.03 tight bore from airsoft-club (no brand name)
side note, this barrel doesnt like madbull .36, but was fine for the bioshots...

and ARS hop up sleeve rubber... and the metal hop up unit was a cyma...
Side question - do those Military Action barrels have a square-cut hop window??
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 14:12   #17
CR0M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Side question - do those Military Action barrels have a square-cut hop window??
they do sorta, Ive only handled a few tight bore barrels in the past, (madbull, army force, and the one inside the lancer m4) but this one is almost more of a trapazoid shape then square... maybe because they are for M733, MC51, M1A1, and G36K and not so much m4s
Old April 22nd, 2013, 14:14   #18
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by yte View Post
Some team mates and myself have been using the bioshot .28 for the last three weeks in a bunch of diff gun and mag set ups and have had no issues what so ever.

I run a custom M4 with a madbull 6.03 TB and a CA hop up and a mix of TM 68rd mags and magpul pmags 75rd. No feeding issues and bbs fly true.

As well as a TM M14 stock hop up and barrel. King arms 70rd mags. Again no issues.

My buddy runs a ICS sig 552. Madbull 6.03 TB with 50rd ICS mags. He has no issues. He also runs a KWA MP7 ans when its not to cold for the gas the bbs are perfect.

ICS M4 stock. With ICS hicap and VA 120rd metal mags. Once again runs like a dream with the .28s

From what I have seen. I will be using these bbs till they stop selling them.

IMHO best bios out there.
I ran 2 year old BB Bastard BIO's I bought off of them for Mason Relic 3 (2011), zero issues in the last 3 games this spring the last of which was yesterday. I was running my new G&G TopTech Advanced M4. When you can make the same statement then tell me someone else is the best bio's lol.

Last edited by BloodSport; April 22nd, 2013 at 14:17..
BloodSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 14:52   #19
iKliiu

Glad to see people are changing their attitude toward other bb brands. IMO, Bioshot can be considered the best bio bb brand once they fixed their feeding issues as they seem more accurate than most BB's. I remember a few years back when I mentioned Bioshot bbs and people simply laughed at the brand.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 15:14   #20
MaciekA

Airsoft is pretty big, globally-speaking, and there are a lot of BB brands out there..

It's clear that Bastards are high performance and well-regarded as "reference" BBs. Canada however has a very limited window to the global BB market compared to even our neighbours in the US. It's reasonable to assume that at the very worst, Bastards are globally-speaking somewhere between pretty good and very good... But the question always nags at me, what else is out there? Especially in light of availability hiccups when it comes time for my team to stock up.

Neither R-Hop nor 50+ round per second feeding speeds were first developed in Canada, and both of those performance extremes require either excellent feeding qualities or superb accuracy qualities for measuring technical progress, so it's clear to me that very very good non-Bastard BBs exist outside of this country. I don't know which OEMs are the good OEMs, and where all the known international gearbox tinkerers are getting their BBs, but I'm always looking for a deal on the good stuff, or a signal on what the good stuff even is.

Navigating the tangle of who's-OEM'd-by-who and what's available in Canada for how much and arranging to ship dozens of very heavy bags is a lot of research, costs, and dead ends... If I had my way, BBBastard would offer a bulk deal of 0.3g bio-BBs for somewhere in the neighbourhood of 170 to 200 BBs on the dollar and I'd arrange to get them from Renegade) at a local game and my team's search would be over for good, but as it stands, there seems to be a shortage and I have missed my opportunity to have that conversation, so when Steve and John brought these in and said "check these out!" we figured hey, why not.

Given the difficulty of quality-controlling, importing and shipping stuff like this, I appreciate the challenge that anyone bringing in BBs has before them, whether it be importers or local brands.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 15:29   #21
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

anyone tell me if their bioshot bags had all air/gas vacuumed out of them when they received them or where they puffed up with air inside?

I have a bag of .28s I bought elsewhere last year that's ballooned up but not the other .3 and .32 that are all unopened.

Wondering if this is a sign of their decomposition stage. i haven't opened the bag yet, but the gas was pushed out so it's obvious the bag is not completely air tight, even new, but tight enough to trap gasses.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 17:28   #22
Perfect Storm

So far no issues with the Bioshot 0.28's with an LCT AK=74. I noticed they shot pretty straight.
Perfect Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 22:27   #23
DustMagnet

Figured I'd try BioShot after I ran out of Green Devils.

Nope. They do not feed properly in my KA M4 or KA P90. They feed OK in my KWA M4 after the first ten or so are gone (aka, mags need to be underloaded) and they feed ok in my VFC 417.

I sold one of the BioShot bags to a team mate to use in his G&G GF85 GL AK5 and they feed fine in semi, but not reliably in full-auto.

The Green Devils I used previously worked perfectly in all my guns.

But then I heard the same thing about the Green Devils when I ordered them. "Works for some, doesn't work for others."
DustMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 20:08   #24
Crossfire034

Sorry for the slight grave-dig, but I thought I'd weigh in my findings. Bought a pack of the .32s for my basically untouched CYMA 0.40- so far so good. It's a bit of a pain cramming the bioshots into CYMA's metal AK74 midcaps, thought I was going to break the speed loader, but they ended up feeding without qualm in both semi and full-auto. As far as accuracy goes, paired with a Lonex 6.03 barrel and PDI W-hold rubber I seem to be getting excellent groupings 170 to 200ish feet out, consistently hitting the target (in this case a metal sign with an approximate width of 8").

Haven't been able to really test the bb's with my ICS M4 though... seeing as its hopup is pretty screwed up at the moment. However they loaded and seemed to feed exceptionally well with Elite Force midcaps. I'll try again once I get a new rubber/unit.

All in all I'm pretty happy with bioshot's offering, they'll probably become my go-to for outdoor games. Although I still have to try them out with my two KJW pistols once I pick up some more gas. On a side note, the stock CYMA hop up changer w/ W-hold rubber, when fully engaged, was still arcing the .32's into the air at a pretty steep angle. But I think getting an even heavier bb at the rate will be a bit overkill, especially for an AEG assault rifle.
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews