Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

steve_187 - where are you?

:

General

Old August 23rd, 2006, 14:13   #31
lt_poncho

Send a message via MSN to lt_poncho
You guys need to look into legal matters asap - first of all the prescription for charging someone for small claims on property is limited to one year I suspect. Secondly if it's greater than $1000...that's no longer small claims court.

Git on it!
lt_poncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2006, 14:16   #32
Mapcinq

Send a message via MSN to Mapcinq
I wanna see some 1 get sued...
Mapcinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:04   #33
Nuck

Well, apparently Mr.Murphy has a long history of spending a lot of money on "new" things he decides to get into, paintball, airsoft, music etc.

He owed a lot of money even before he started airsoft, and hence, spent all that money on airsoft gear racking up his debt even more.
I asked for his Phone number and/or address, but my contact wouldn't give it up , I explained that you are all respectable people within the community and that no one is going to go to his house and beat him, and that everyone just wanted their money, or at the very very least, a heads up on the situation.

I urge you all to get the authorities involved, I'm sure someone in TSD must have his contact info? Ill keep trying

Last I heard he spent hundreds of dollars on a guitar and equipment, and cant play a single chord.

He scammed you, don't let him get away with it.
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor."
Nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:34   #34
aiseirigh
Banned

Seriously you guys are a bunch of pussies....if you don't have the balls to go get the damn money he ain't bringing it......O gee he has magically decided to pay up...yah right.....call the police....go visit his college and talk to the dean.
aiseirigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:37   #35
Nuck

talk to the dean, to do what, get him detention? :lol:
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor."
Old September 9th, 2006, 13:15   #36
Kuraitenshi

Send a message via MSN to Kuraitenshi
Have you guys looked into collections? Go to court, apply to have his wages garnished, as he dosen't seem to be the has cash that belongs to him type.

Kuraitenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 19:13   #37
aiseirigh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck
talk to the dean, to do what, get him detention? :lol:
You would be surprised, but, you won't know because your not going to do it anyway.
Old September 9th, 2006, 19:19   #38
Nuck

why would I?
He didnt scam me out of anything.
Never met the guy.
Old September 10th, 2006, 00:24   #39
DeathSniper
Hibernating Bear

Send a message via ICQ to DeathSniper Send a message via AIM to DeathSniper Send a message via MSN to DeathSniper Send a message via Skype™ to DeathSniper
I'm surprised people waited as long as they did...I would give a maximum of one month before I went to authorities...
SF - "Neal! You are the one!"
DeathSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 15:25   #40
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck
I urge you all to get the authorities involved, I'm sure someone in TSD must have his contact info? Ill keep trying
We had contact info, however he left the team some time ago and the old info from my understanding is out of date.

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 17:21   #41
Nuck

ouch, Ill keep looking into it for you guys, Ill try to catch his cousin when he's drunk or something, maybe he'll let it slip then :-D

does anyone know what kind of vehicle he drives?
Ill seriously drive past every Murphy residence in the Barrie/Innisfil phonebook, if I see the car, I'll have the address, and Canada 411 will have the phone number.
Old September 11th, 2006, 19:08   #42
Koopa

steve is a decent guy... he didnt scam us but his friend scammed him and in turn we got fvcked

the actual problem is that steve made a promise that if we didn't get our stuff, we would be fully refunded

edit: i had been refunded but only after constant msn harassment (we we're good airsoft friends prior and things became very sour fast after I asked for my money back) and I had bugged him very early on about this (maybe only a few weeks after it seemed nobody would get anything). What he should have done is helped us in suing the "broker"

It really sucked that things had to turn out like this. Steve was our teammate who trained and played with us but none the less, I hope everyone is fully refunded

My old buy & sell ratings: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=7117&highlight=koopa

Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens (official team sponsor since 2007)
www.bolandhowe.com
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 19:14   #43
Keyboard

Send a message via AIM to Keyboard
Thank you for clearing that up to the people who have nothing to do with this thread Koopa.

aiseirigh and anybody else who hasn't contributed anything significant please stay the fuck out of the thread and do something better with your time.
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=44226
Keyboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 19:53   #44
aiseirigh
Banned

I will post my opinion wherever I want sonny.
Old September 11th, 2006, 20:34   #45
Koopa

dont you mean sonny bubbles?

My old buy & sell ratings: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=7117&highlight=koopa

Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens (official team sponsor since 2007)
www.bolandhowe.com
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General